What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Netherlands to ban tourists from marijuana 'coffee shops,' concerns over Amsterdam to

fastgreen1959

I understand what your saying but why should you be old enough to die in pathetic wars, yet cant buy a bit of a plant? Once they see the fall off in revenue it will soon change certain opinions, Money will be the deciding factor.

mrwags

********* Female Seeds
ICMag Donor
Veteran
The Dutch government said Friday that it will ban tourists from buying marijuana from the Netherlands' famed "coffee shops."

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/wor...na_coffee_shops_worries_about_amsterdam_.html

So basically it's gonna be like here in the USA when your underage and want liquor.

You simply go to your local liquor store wait outside for that staggering drunk to walk up and say "hello sir if I buy yours will you buy mine?"

I see this is an older post but found it funny that any country would turn away money for to long unless of course the money coming in was not worth the trouble and knowing today's American youth like I do I could understand why they would want them to stay the hell away.

Have A Great Day
Mr.Wags

guineapig

Veteran
We were there before the Euro took effect....they still had their own currency and everything....:abduct:

Could this law be overturned once the people in power lose the election?

:ying: kind regards from guineapig :ying:

ojd

CONNOISSEUR GENETICS
Vendor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
i heard its started this january in the north or south?
then it moves throughout the country

i heard jan 1st next year amsterdam central finished aswell

big protest going on in april around the 420 in amsterdam i think? so we will all be atending to show support(it is around the 420 for anyone coming)

real shame this shit is going on

amsterdam is the canna mecca of europe and will be a great loss to see it go

spain is cool but why cant we keep amsterdam the same and also increase spains canna community

any dutch people got any more info on whats going on with this?

peace

E

elmanito

So, anyone here been to Dam/elsewhere in Netherlands in 2012? Has anything changed practically?

Not yet, it will start in may 2012 in the southern provinces and later on in january 2013 the rest of the country that's the plan, but a lot of things can happen in the mean while, so don't worry.

Namaste :plant grow: :canabis:

E

elmanito

things are going backwards in europe,,
That is not true, Spain, Austria, Czech Republic, Portugal, Belgium just went forwards.The Dutch minister of justice is called back by his colleagues and sure there are a lot of raids in the southern provinces, but the shops are still selling their stuff.

Bozzer

I was in south Halland just yesterday no problem they never asked to see any ID, supossidly some citys close to the Belgium they will not let you in if you are a tourist. As Belgium and France claims that people go to the coffeeshops to bring weed back but when you can only buy 5 grams and its so expensive what is the point anyway.

Better just pop some seeds.

E

elmanito

sorry i didnt mean ganja wise,, just generally,,

Yeah about that you're right.

eussr_titanic.jpg

What it says to me is that Kiwi's like you have the backbone of a jellyfish and no pride whatsoever. (then again what can you expect from a nation famous for Damn Demons Land (van diemens land) and an inability to cope with alcohol)

You seem to be getting NZ mixed up with Australia, Van Diemens Land is the original name for Tasmania, the island at the bottom of Australia, which is an Australian state.
And Australians are the ones who drink a lot.

And by the way I wouldn't say things like that to a Maori, they are tough hombres, they are a warrior race, the British couldn't beat them in the Maori wars so had to make a treaty with them.

lost in a sea

Lifer
Veteran
you would never beat the maoris god bless em,, wish i was a maori and lived in NZ,, they can kick the shit out of each other all day and then get up and all walk away,,

mr.brunch

Veteran
i though Amsterdam was safe till 2015?

yes this is what i heard- that the weitpass is optional for the towns mayors, as the tolerance policy will remain for 4 years- and this was decided in july 2011. Amsterdam have declined this, but the border towns may do it to clamp down on people running back and forth.

"That is not true, Spain, Austria, Czech Republic, Portugal, Belgium just went forwards."

LOL Portuges will be next goin bancrupty right after Creece and Spain aka alla PIGS(Portugal,Spain,Italy,Greece) is goin down boi!no doubt watsover

Reg Dixon

ICMag Donor
Latest I heard was that Haarlem coffeeshops are going to refuse to enforce the wietpass which apparently IS coming in everywhere Jan 1 2013.

The coffeeshop owners have realised that this means the end of their business and are not going to go down without a fight.

Good for them.

VonBudí

ヾ(⌐■_■)ノ
Veteran
i read awhile ago that business was down a fair bit in the towns that had to restrict selling bud, does any one have a link or stat?

gaiusmarius

me
Veteran
yes as things stand you can still go to coffee shops in places like Amsterdam and Haarlem. 420 was a blast last year in Amsterdam and will be again this coming year i'm sure, whats happening after 2015 is another question.

Latest posts

Latest posts