What's new

Neptune's Breakdown

T

terran2

star crash said:
terran2 .. nice cola! the nl/bb is really good .. i see your stems are purple just like mine was ,, still have the cut , she is being maintained by a good friend .... i agree she is very good smoke

peace

Oh good to hear from u back so soon , hehe

Great , lets not lose any of these great cuts now for next summer is just
around the bend ( as the world flys around the sun's gravity well ;o) .

* I grew out 12 ladies from 20 seed batch to catch this one female NL/BB
keeper , the others didn't hold a candle to her fragrance so she's going to
be sticking around for a long time .

** hope you do try a little indoor at some point , its very easy when working
with good genetics ....and we hopefully be tracking them down like little moths to the flame ! , lol

peace

Last edited:
G

terran2 said:
*** hope you do try a little indoor at some point , its very easy when working with good genetics ....and we hopefully be tracking them down like little moths to the flame ! , lol peace

yes indeed & i can rock in the indoor .. total control of the growing environment ... it's just that outdoor is where i have the potential to really pull the kind of weight that makes all the work worthwhile for many kind folks

peace and good growing & i'll be around :canabis: :yummy:

T

terran2

Neptune said:
The best way to keep your plants low and uniform is to veg them properly for the height you wish them to finish at, this is mostly achieved by knowing your strain.. or some very good guesswork backed by years of experience with dozens of strains. The former is always a working technique. Second, keep the room on the cool side during stretch periods, week 1-3. Hot temps will elongate your stretch. Do what you can to keep temps ~75F with lights on, and 65F with lights off. Third, don't spray or feed with anything that has Nitrogen in it, esp Urea. Medium is not the culprit, and most of the OG Kush clones around are very lanky stretchers. I get the canopy the way it is with 9 plants per 600w lamp in a 3x3, with 14-17 days veg. With 1kw lights, I would run 16 plants in a 4x4 and veg for the same period, 14-17 days. This is my "less plants is more" approach. I usually get 1.5oz plant averages with medium yeilders, and 2.0oz+ averages with higher yeilders.

It works something like this, if I were to make a general strain chart:
(for generally slower veggers... GDP, Bubba Kush, etc.)

600w 9 plants 14-17days veg
600w 12 plants 10days veg
600w 16 plants 7days veg

1000w 16 plants 14days veg
1000w 25 plants 9days veg
etc.

Slips and Stone2death thanks for coming by, It's always a pleasure to share the growroom with the good folk at Icmag. :yes:

Always good info nep ...have been running room probably too hot this last round and have gotten wayyyy too much stretch this time ...and hence the need for emergency netting for some that had toppled the other night (shoot, dam, ratz !@!*%!) . My last harvest had no need for netting giving the plants plenty of spacing and fanning & letting them grow into the canopy . Sure want to get back to the former stout sturdy profiles just too rushed this last time out . Have some that were given lots of space early on in 5gals with plenty of fan action and they are big bertha beauties .

Since i have a huge 14" Fantec on a "speedster" controller will be an easy fix by just cranking her up to cool things down .. ..so glad you mentioned the relationship of heat/stretch .

Have been using larger continuous rez and recirculating approach , now contemplating drain to waste ....well knocking the idea around plus using a little less perlite @25% for more retention . You're mentioning the nugget vs baseball bat results using the more of a light feeding approach is also the one i want to master which would work well especially for a more retentive media mixture . Also been vegging under 24hr light which has produced too stocky & leafy plants perhaps ...prolly need to rethink that approach as well and give some dark period?

( a little stretch is good and they need some rest even in veg)

regards

t2

Last edited:
G

gdawg

neptune your gdp has waaaayyy too many trichs on it to be safe man!! hol shit bro. krome my girls are luvin they grandmas, thanx again for the tips. great work neptune

T

terran2

Neptune said:
nutz, hah!! well you're in luck becuase I am changing the reservoirs right now and have time between siphons to update... fear not, the boredom will subside momentarily! But AN is overpriced GH, and it's less stable :) I don't like to fight my PH these days, I just "set it and forget it!!" (thanks Ron--youdaman!)

Hydrojunkie, I always find that less is more when it comes to medium based growing. Salt buildup is a major yeild reducer, and the tell tale sign of that is what I would call "nugget" colas instead of "baseball bats." If you understand me... ya'know when the cola isn't really totally connected, just lots of little nuggets. This happens to me at high PPMs, and when I don't routinely flush my mediums of buildup throughout the grow.. As for the SM-90, It's a great product and I use it in my foliar sprays and as a "dunk" for fresh clones that are about to be planted... really cleanes them up and fights off just about everything. I use AN's 35% H2O2 in my reservoir when I need to clean things up, it's cheap and strong.. I've flushed some nasty black/slime wormy buildup crud out of my lines before... eww! What is pro foliar? I was thinking of trying a perlite mix in a few pots to see the difference next run, just like 3-6 pots with perlite, and the rest without.. I remember VT i think it was doing a test and concluded that perlite actualyl holds more water (???) Is this right? Maybe VT can chime in.

Krome, You got a lovely Granddaddy lady there dude. you will be keeping her around, trust me! She is a bay area bomber.. one of the best!! I can't stop growing her and tweaking her to push her to the max.. It's been a quest this year to max her yeild, getting closer but not there yet.. What do you think about my blockhead, isn't that weird? Anyway, loving all 3 of these fine ladies... even the purps!! She is coming around at last.. a proper dial in should see her yeilding well with purple nagchampa nugs! Triangle needs nothing said about her... except pack em in there!! More plants is better in this case, you can see a lot of "holes" where the bulb is not being used, 3gal bags and more ladies should patch it up!

Terran, no joke that HS is the bomb. I don't have any moms right now, but I am going to be ditching most of my "big-green" strains in favor of the Hindu... damn shame, hate to toss my elite moms but I just can't have room in my tiny 3x3 tent for 10+ strains. So, I'll run down and pickup a 6pack for mothers! Next crop won't see any HS though which is a bummer... but I will do some wicked things with my SCBB clones in the Ebb&Grow, going to mono crop that one for 2-3 lbs of "big stanky green. ""_""

on to some updates...

We'll have to solve the riddle of the perlite , but hard to believe it could hold more water than coco ...but sure have found lately that coco sure does hold~in the nute build up and locks onto them . ( Perlite would add more ease to rinsing mediums but you don't run that high.)

CropKing.com offers some 3ft plastic growbags designed to be filled up with perlite , sealed & laid horizontally then top~dripped like slabs ...always wanted to try that out .
*This approach originated in scotland growing tomatoes and very fast growth rates .
http://www.cropking.com/

Sure love to try out that SCBB, krome's GDP looks very purty ;o) ....these are the latest HK's @ 6wks and they sure loved those 5gal buckets . Hope i can get every round looking like this totally self supporting their weight @ 9 per light .... they're liking the top drip too but its a lot of medium to use :

*They just got the 3 day rinse with plain water and still were running 1.4/1.6 ec ...coco really holds in the nutes . Since i was running at least 30% perlite i was dripping 4mins twice a day .

hindukushxskunk1133medien0.jpg

Last edited:
T

terran2

The bag sez:

"Water less for more success "
hehe

but has anyone checked out this newer coco-based product out from them ?

Does have a very nice fluffy consistency and could possibly be
a pretty good medium requiring less watering in and nutes :

Well there is a good amount of spaghnum for retention in there to be sure
@ $14/bag....but some people here locally have been using it now as a stand alone :

00326.jpg

Last edited:
N

Neptune

I don't use anything but Canna coco, I'm too afraid to switch after hearing some horror stories from fellow members. I guess B'cuzz coco is just as good, but yeah.. $20 per bag, ouch! very healthy looking hindus terran, you should stick with 5g buckets by the looks of things in there!!

I've been testing some molasses at 5ml/gal on some of my coco plants, hand fed. I can tell they have more resin than the ones w/o. Molasses is the shizzle! I thought I could only use it in soil, but it works in coco if you hand water.. woot!

Hey star, would love to see that gdp cross in your hands, but ya'know you don't have to! No obligations my friend, I will get around to them someday myself. I'd love to get a male gdp leaning pheno from them though.. would make some nice seed from that stud!

B

Brain

Looking good, man. I'm hoping you don't hit with the PM but it has been foggy lately. real foggy out here.

yayarea

floranova bloom

floranova bloom

Yours and terrans HKs look great, Im finishing a run of HK with cutting edge solutions nutes and really noticing the nuggets instead of bats due to the high nutes Im going with there low strength mix and its still very high even though my meter reads at a .7 conversion. SO I will be going back to the floranova bloom lucas formula. My question is can you veg with
nova bloom formula ?
Also what do you recommend as a good veg formula for the HKs with botanicare nutes I have pbpG and LK and calmag I know you have told me my nute mix was to strong so what do you recommend? By the way im in botanicare readygro coco and perilite. THANKS

N

Neptune

yayarea, I use general nute regimes for veg and bloom. I don't change anything between "phases" of plant growth. So, for Botanicare line, in veg 10ml PBPbloom 3ml Calmag. No LK, and I found PBPgrow to have too much N in it, even for vegging plants. MY GDP's got the leaf curl when I used it. If you are noticing lacking N, add ~ 1-2ml/gal of PBPgrow to up the N, or just up the calmag(+1-2ml/gal) which is loaded with N. For Flora Nova bloom, use Lucas: 8ml/gal for veg and bloom, no changes. Freshly rooted cuttings can handle the botanicare 10ml/3ml, but for the FNb I would recomend cutting the strength down to 4ml/gal for the first 7-10 days of fresh cuttings. that's it~

Brain, The PM is always rearing it's ugly head.. I have been serenading 1-2x a week with my dehum on 24/7. RH been around 50%, but lately up to 60% with the fog. I will be hitting the plants with another dash before the weekend is out, I can see new white spots emerging. Did you ever see Narcissca and The Valley of Wind? PM reminds me of the toxic forest, esp. when I am really high.... hehe

T

terran2

Man that PM is such a drag for ya nep...but sounds like you have it under better control....maybe with fresh mothers will help too .

Well i should have done the chop on halloween but the mating " call of the wild was calling" me , lol and i went out to get back in touch with the Goddess ! lol...and get in touch i did ...hehe

So ...everyone of those HK top colas got taken down friday morn as budmold was taking me by surprise . The lower branches as well have a few spots here & there so all comes down in the am after one more night letting the pots go dry will lose just a bit , but hate that ! Will have one mind blowing shot of the one Sugar Shiva that showed no mold at all but stacked up pretty huge after topping once .

Well those 5gal buckets are sure to give you the fattest yield but going with the 3gal mesh pot below will probably be the happy medium size that are still squat enough to be ebbed and flowed .

* Can get 16 per/light if needed or go with only 9 depending on strain ...mesh pots are the schizzle ! They all get dosed with Michorrizae on transplant & i run good 'ol Grandma Molassass too but at lower 1ml/gal routinely in the rez with floralicus+ ....and the usual FN with your 3ml of cal mag .

I did use 1/3 of that Black Gold Coco mix this last time mixed with usual 40/60 coco blend . So shizzle dizzle , the next generation in 3gal mesh pots here we go , am thinking also of trying more hydro organics by adding some of Cutting Edge Hum Tea ( mild dose) along with the above ...well aireated of course .

hindukushxskunk1147medicp2.jpg

Last edited:
N

Neptune

Day 47, bringin' it on home..

Day 47, bringin' it on home..

2 more days until tap water flush... we're at the end.

I'm pretty far out right now, so I'll mostly let the pictures talk for me. :crazy: :rasta:

Verticle
9807vert47d.JPG

Triangle, aka, The White. Looks alot like an OGK clone, but totally not related. She made the list...
9807triangle47d1.JPG

9807triangle47d2.JPG

9807triangle47d3.JPG

sr71 Big Shiva, she does what she is supposed to do, and therefor gets high marks.. badass heavy yeilding shiva, harvests in 7-8 weeks.
9807BS47d.JPG

Tables, interestingly enough... the table with the pump failure (right side, runts) looks like it will yeild better than the left side. Mostly GDP on both the tables.

both
9807tables47d1.JPG

Right. GDP
9807R47d.JPG

9807R47d2.JPG

Left, GDP/BH/SS
9807L47d.JPG

GDP, same plant as previous update.... photogenic lady.
9807gdp47d.JPG

Shuga Shiva, easily stacking up against my heaviest yeilders to date. Quaility is improving every day... she is really frostin' up now.
9807SS47d.JPG

E&G
9807eg47d.JPG

Hindu Skunk
9807hs47d.JPG

SCBB, what? ?
9807scbb47d.JPG

Purps, smells exotic... like berry candy spicey incense.
9807purps47d1.JPG

9807purps47d2.JPG

9807purps47d3.JPG

Next update is pre-harvest.

Last edited:
G

gdawg

Neptune said:
I'm pretty far out right now, so I'll mostly let the pictures talk for me. :crazy: :rasta:

neptune quit doin the co2 ballons! :laughing: all i can say shit man dang. the purps looks killa, the freakin triangle, that triched out gdp and them big ass shivas man dang, man daaang. :laughing: :bow: :bow:

T

terran2

gdawg said:
Neptune said:

neptune quit doin the co2 ballons! :laughing: all i can say shit man dang. the purps looks killa, the freakin triangle, that triched out gdp and them big ass shivas man dang, man daaang. :laughing: :bow: :bow:

Ditto me dat ! The usual totally frosted babes he's got soon to be hanging
there , nice selection ;o))

Yah , that Sugar Shiva sure did stack up pretty nicely prolly not 1/2 bad
decent smoke smelling like faint honey vanilla ..... this grown indoors for 6wks flower after 3wk veg ... not bad huh:redface:

hindukushxskunk1155ed5.jpg

* Sure that the Sugar Shiva would be a pretty good outdoor grower being so stronly built ...the BubbleGum that SR71 has stacks up pretty good too,
with more donkeydick-bat type colas .

Last edited:

scrappy

On the road to clone only...
Veteran
Neptune bro...that's one awesome line-up ya got goin'...The White.....DAMN!!...nice

MadCow

Damn!! Nice grow Neptune, been watching your grows since AN Forums, always do a killer job man. I had a ? about the PBP/C-mag vs the FNB, does one or the other give a noticeable difference on yield or taste with the same strain. Ive been using AN for close to two years now, and Im fed up with most of there PH unstable products, Im using organic soil and I just want to either use PBP/C-mag or FNB. If you had to choose one which would it be? Thanks, and again killer grow!!!

MadCow

Chili_berkster

Badass
ICMag Donor
Veteran
SCBB , looks very nice bro. I still trip on the size of the main she makes. Great big ole donkey eh?.. Woot you just gotta love that friggin cut.