What's new

Nepal Jam

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Nepal Jam is a very versatile strain and works well almost in every type of climate and setup. NepJam is advertised as a cold resistant sativa dom although we have also tested her many times with great success in hot mediterranean locations and more continental climates of Spain (very hot and dry during summer days), never tried the genetics in a desert, although NJ tested with great success in altitude, arid, desert-like (during summer) locations of NorCal.

mikeymeteor

Buds fattening up. Good weekend to all! Spread the seeds.

Nepal Jam_Ace 2.jpg

Nepal Jam Ace Seeds Flower 2.jpg

Nepal Jam Ace Seeds Flower 3.jpg
Nepal Jam Ace Seeds Flower 4.jpg

mikeymeteor

Hey Dubi... hope you're doing well. I had a feeling you'd pop in for the update on when to chop and you're right on.

I took her down a few days early, because of heat and light penetration in the small tent. She seemed to be close to the end. The plant had spears and big heavy Jamaican style buds for the space, amazing I can make her happen in such a small space.

She was difficult to feed at the end, since I usually remove her from the tent and feed in the bathtub, but she filled the whole canopy. Her structure may be the best plant I've ever grown, but I needed more height between her and the lights to finish perfectly. Five or Six feet tent height would be optimal after two months veg. I did top her a couple times. I flushed her also a couple days before I chopped and once more the day before.

The immature smoke a week and a half before chop was already really good and is definitely even better now. The tester buds I smoked are as you said Jamaican influence, sativa high, psychedelic with visual trails coming from lights and mind. Not that anxious, but very clear Sativa. I work in the arts and it is exactly what I'm looking for as it doesn't make stupid and lazy, but psychedelic, happy, and inspired.There is some physical goodness on the comedown. And she relaxed me one night and I fell asleep listening to japanese 70's jazz I never heard before on spotify. It was cool and exactly what I love about Ganja. And these are the immature lowers, I'm talking about. The big spears are going to be amazing and are frosty.

Bud shots coming soon! I'm psyched and so happy she made it to the end. Onwards and upwards! Spears to the sky! Thanks Dubi! You're the man!

Last edited:

mikeymeteor

Just brought the Nepal Jam to the local grow shop in Williamsburg Brooklyn. Everybody appreciated my growing efforts and gave me some advice for the next run - Give it a nice cure, put it in some grove bags, and some feeding and flushing tips. We checked the trichomes and they were amber, so I guess I pulled pretty close to right time. I shared some Nepal Jam seeds with the top growers there who were interested to grow it out. I'll probably take a clone later on from them if they do and run it again with what I learned from this grow. We tested the thc and it came in at 17% same as one of the strains they just pulled that was also fire. Everyone was impressed by the looks, but suggested a tighter trim. I think I need to do some work on flower and finishing next time around, but it was a nice run for my skill level. I've been smoking a lot of this and it's really great with music better than many other strains.

Last edited:

mikeymeteor

Thanks guys. For me also, but I thought it would be cool to just share the unbiased reaction to the strain and my grow job, which I took as pretty positive considering. It's a great strain and got compliments for it's looks in Brooklyn, which sees a lot of herb. Now I'm shooting photos of their buds and turning into a cannaphotographer hah. It all started with this lucky Nepal Jam. And NYC did smell a little more jamaican today. I got an Ace Panama and Zamaldelica coming up when I find some space. The tent is full at the moment with seedlings, but I wanna grow some more Ace soon, so maybe I'll pop them and at least veg them out until I have room to flower.

Last edited:

mikeymeteor

Small update - opened the grove bags and already smelling more citrus and now the smell is starting to match the look and high. Less woodiness.

It's tricky nowadays in legal states as many people judge buds on smell and taste first and foremost. Then there are these overpowering highs, I smoked this banana strain at a festival on 4/20 that completely blew my mind. Not sure if in a good way, but it was hard to ignore its power and taste. In many ways I prefer this kind of landrace strain. It's more subtle and clear and feels spiritual.

The Nepal jam has a really nice medium strength sativa high and pretty long lasting. Attention to cure and feeding in flower seems really important.

Dubi what do you recommend feeding in flower with this strain and in general?

If you don't mind, teach me guys. I want to grow herb with this kind of high, but get taste that rivals what's out there. Is it all about the dry and cure? Or does it matter more what you're feeding and the medium? I'm in coco out of necessity (bad bug infestation in last apartment and I don't want to risk that again.)

windmills

Thanks guys. For me also, but I thought it would be cool to just share the unbiased reaction to the strain and my grow job, which I took as pretty positive considering. It's a great strain and got compliments for it's looks in Brooklyn, which sees a lot of herb. Now I'm shooting photos of their buds and turning into a cannaphotographer hah. It all started with this lucky Nepal Jam. And NYC did smell a little more jamaican today. I got an Ace Panama and Zamaldelica coming up when I find some space. The tent is full at the moment with seedlings, but I wanna grow some more Ace soon, so maybe I'll pop them and at least veg them out until I have room to flower.
Love to see the silver sheen on those morsels. A sure sign of quality going back in time. Thanks for sharing. Obliged

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
that's a bowl full of beautiful, well trimmed and well grown sativa flowers :love: @mikeymeteor and thanks for appreciating the different type of plants we offer compared with the type of genetics available there in US. Nepal Jas has indeed a gentle, well focused sativa effect of medium strength-duration. What i appreciate the most from this strain are the optimistic vibes it gives, it's never aggressive, quite the opposite: always happy, mood enhancer type of effect, good against paranoia-anxiety-depression-negativity.

Overall, i like to grow organically in quite a simple way, lampt tech is evolving very fast with the constant tech improvements in led industry, but for the other variables i like to keep it simple and organic.

Feel free to pm me or send us an email to: info@aceseeds.org in case of any cultivation doubt not related to Nepal Jam topic discussed here.

mikeymeteor

Yes the Nepal Jam is great daytime smoke. I keep choosing it as my go to for activities. Upbeat and long lasting, soaring, but not overwhelming. I lucked out with the Jamaican pheno that finished pretty quickly at around 9 weeks. I wish I was able to keep a clone and that inspired me to build a cloner to make that easier in the future. The plant was vigorous and resilient and helped me improve as a grower since it took any stress I gave it along the way, but filled the tent regardless. I made some coconut oil with the lower buds and I feel it's medicinal for the mood with a sativa high, but more body relief than smoking. I prefer smoking it though and it's going fast.

I planted three Ace Panama and an Ace Zamaldelica, which all popped, so will move over to those forums for now and will post more photos when they start to get in veg. If anyone is at the parade in NYC on Saturday I will be filming and can pass you a spliff of the Nepal Jam if you like to taste it or a brownie made with it. I think the total yield was around 4 oz, but I'm already down to an oz, which has cured nicely and a good friend and longtime grower has also been smoking on it and keeps saying the high reminds him of haze and it he thinks it has some haze in it. I don't get that haze taste, but I can see how the high reminds him of that.

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Glad you manage to keep a clone for future use @mikeymeteor :yes:
Phenos of stronger Jamaican influence like yours have that old school sativa vibe, but i don't find any resemblance between Nepal Jam phenos and Haze, not in the growing, flowering traits or finished product and its qualities. Rarely some Nepal Jam can be slightly incensey, but doesn't come from Haze in this case.

Thanks a lot for your frequent updates and feedback, much appreciated! Looking forward to follow your upcoming ACE adventures in the Panama and Auto Zamaldelica thread!

airplane

Yes the Nepal Jam is great daytime smoke. I keep choosing it as my go to for activities. Upbeat and long lasting, soaring, but not overwhelming. I lucked out with the Jamaican pheno that finished pretty quickly at around 9 weeks. I wish I was able to keep a clone and that inspired me to build a cloner to make that easier in the future. The plant was vigorous and resilient and helped me improve as a grower since it took any stress I gave it along the way, but filled the tent regardless. I made some coconut oil with the lower buds and I feel it's medicinal for the mood with a sativa high, but more body relief than smoking. I prefer smoking it though and it's going fast.

I planted three Ace Panama and an Ace Zamaldelica, which all popped, so will move over to those forums for now and will post more photos when they start to get in veg. If anyone is at the parade in NYC on Saturday I will be filming and can pass you a spliff of the Nepal Jam if you like to taste it or a brownie made with it. I think the total yield was around 4 oz, but I'm already down to an oz, which has cured nicely and a good friend and longtime grower has also been smoking on it and keeps saying the high reminds him of haze and it he thinks it has some haze in it. I don't get that haze taste, but I can see how the high reminds him of that.
Thanks will follow you with Panama - got Nepal Jam as a freebie with Malawi

What is wrong with her, she was started from a Ace Feminized 5 pack seed popped 4/28. For over a month the water ph was almost 8!🫣🤬 finally I got it down to 6.2ish and started seeing some green stripes in the stalk and stems. But the leaves have me Highly Concerned!!! Is this A Nutrient Def, Some Sort of Sickness or what? Is there any saving her I don't know what else to do I even tried cal mag.

Attachments

• 20230804_191556.jpg
    20230804_191556.jpg
    828.1 KB · Views: 81
  • 20230804_190646.jpg
    20230804_190646.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 82
  • 20230804_185144.jpg
    20230804_185144.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 93
  • 20230804_145425.jpg
    20230804_145425.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 86
  • 20230804_145625.jpg
    20230804_145625.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 85
  • 20230804_145603.jpg
    20230804_145603.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 68
  • 20230804_145501.jpg
    20230804_145501.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 78
More Pics

Attachments

• 20230804_145650.jpg
    20230804_145650.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 66
  • 20230804_145554.jpg
    20230804_145554.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 78
  • 20230804_145524.jpg
    20230804_145524.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 67
  • 20230804_145603.jpg
    20230804_145603.jpg
  • 20230804_185533.jpg
    20230804_185533.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 68
  • 20230804_145501.jpg
    20230804_145501.jpg

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Hi @Altitudeup1

Looks like slight variegation due to inbreeding of the strain, if it's not affecting plant's vigor and growth i would not worry much. Your whole plant pic in post 1237 shows overall a healthy well developed plant. If you want to increase her final yield i would transplant her now in early flowering to bigger pot.

Much Love I appreciate the reply and info, I'm hoping one of my pck will be a male I only wanted to breed her can I ask if I do pollinate her with some other type of strain would it even work. Thank You again!

Latest posts

Latest posts