What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Nepal Jam

Hi @Altitudeup1

Looks like slight variegation due to inbreeding of the strain, if it's not affecting plant's vigor and growth i would not worry much. Your whole plant pic in post 1237 shows overall a healthy well developed plant. If you want to increase her final yield i would transplant her now in early flowering to bigger pot.

Hi @Altitudeup1

Looks like slight variegation due to inbreeding of the strain, if it's not affecting plant's vigor and growth i would not worry much. Your whole plant pic in post 1237 shows overall a healthy well developed plant. If you want to increase her final yield i would transplant her now in early flowering to bigger pot.
Tobacco Mosaic Virus seems to look like what's happening I just found out about this, never heard of it but I noticed a few small spots on my Pakistani chitral kush sitting next the NJ... Damm I gotta really watch. If you no about it spreading let me know I gotta do more research.

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
You are welcome @Altitudeup1

Both Nepal Jam and PCK can show variegation due to inbreeding, but rarely affects their vigor, growth and development, it's sometimes the price to pay after inbreeding for generations to stabilize desirable traits.

This variegation due to inbreeding happens mostly in strains containing indica, very rarely happens with pure sativa landrace such as Thais, Honduras or Oldtimer's Haze, which keep the genes much more healthy and vigorous, with lesser inbreeding defects through the inbreeding process.

Variegation can be indeed confused with virus and broad mites infections, the symptoms in the leaves are somewhat similar, although in the case of these 2 infections the symptoms increase steadly and growth gets stunted, which i think is not the case of your plants.

Bona Fortuna

Old pictures!
Outdoor run from 2020. Spent the entire summer washing ash from wildfires off this one.

46A633FE-B69D-47E8-A11C-F4E86E8BE248.jpeg

E758603D-EFD1-4589-9F5F-14BEE97B4AD3.jpeg

08E11751-F617-4FB8-9076-645FDB468659.jpeg

73299D81-07C0-49DC-8DBF-8BBF52A55CBA.jpeg

She wasn’t the most vigorous, but was exceptionally quick to bolt into flowering and had a fantastic structure. Ended up at around 4.5ft-5ft. Was harvested around September 30.
Light feeder plant all around, didn’t ask for much and faded very nicely into senescence.
Very green flowers with good resin production, faint smells of nuts and wood with this particular selection. Benefits highly from a longer cure. Very mellow stone. Made some very nice black hash out of that plant.
Hash was surprisingly tasty and potent, nothing like the flowers. Much creamier and more developed stone as hash.

San_Pedro

Old pictures!
Outdoor run from 2020. Spent the entire summer washing ash from wildfires off this one.

View attachment 18879688
View attachment 18879689
View attachment 18879690
View attachment 18879691
She wasn’t the most vigorous, but was exceptionally quick to bolt into flowering and had a fantastic structure. Ended up at around 4.5ft-5ft. Was harvested around September 30.
Light feeder plant all around, didn’t ask for much and faded very nicely into senescence.
Very green flowers with good resin production, faint smells of nuts and wood with this particular selection. Benefits highly from a longer cure. Very mellow stone. Made some very nice black hash out of that plant.
Hash was surprisingly tasty and potent, nothing like the flowers. Much creamier and more developed stone as hash.
Love that structure 😁😁. Great job given the rough environment.

Bona Fortuna

Love that structure 😁😁. Great job given the rough environment.
Thank you!
That was my favorite part of that plant, too. Absolutely stellar structure and would have been a great yielder had I started her earlier. I still have beans of Nepal jam and want to see what else I can find in that line. Hopefully most carry that wonderful structure.

That year and the following were exceptionally rough seasons. Weeks at a time with 110-115 Fahrenheit (43-46 Celsius) high temps, approximately 8 months without rain, major drought conditions and some of the worst fires I’ve experienced in California. Gotta say, the plants really took those conditions on the chin and did well.

Greencedar

I grew out a pack of Nepjams fems for outdoor at 42N and passed some clones to friends to try. I got a couple different phenos. I had one start to flower in the veg tent (18 hours of light). Another one at the beginning of august and one that is a huge plant and started budding around the first week of august (Jamaican pheno). It gets really humid here and has been a wet season and some mildew showed up on the earliest phenos. It’s a great plant for northern climates. If you’re looking to grow these outdoors in a northern climate I’d test a couple different seeds and find the plant that works best. The early one is like a big auto (under 3ft in 15gal of soil), the later one appears to be very weather tolerant (6ft tall in 20gal of soil). I think if you did enough seeds you could find the perfect plant for areas with a short growing season. I should mention that the one that started flowering with 18hrs of light was in a small pot and this may have influenced it, although so were the others…

I’ll try to visit my friends and get some pictures before harvest. They are growing in the same soil mix and have similar hours of daylight.

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Thanks a lot for sharing the outcome of your 2020 Nepal Jam @Bona Fortuna :D Indeed, great structure and yield. The Jamaican phenos are the best yielding in this genepool, usually producing woody-nutty type of terpenes as you described. For finished product i prefer Nepalese expressions, although not so vigorous or good yielding like Jamaican dom expressions so, the quality of the Nepalese dom finished product is better, much more refined and strong terpenes, much better resins, delivering a balanced warm, healing effect i love so much.

Classic Nepalese dom structure lohnjennon :)

Thanks also for your feedback @Greencedar :yes: glad to hear Nepal Jam is doing well in your wet climate, please share some pics during flowering if you have the chance!

@dubi I wish I had more space for A Bigger pot as you suggested can't wait for next season! But can you or anyone who grew NJ tell me what pheno or side she would lean more to at least looks wise?

Attachments

• 20230913_131311.jpg
    20230913_131311.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 173
  • 20230913_131422.jpg
    20230913_131422.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 156
  • 20230913_131354.jpg
    20230913_131354.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 149
  • 20230913_131339.jpg
    20230913_131339.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 146
  • 20230909_155051.jpg
    20230909_155051.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 149
  • 20230913_131026.jpg
    20230913_131026.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 160
  • 20230913_131400.jpg
    20230913_131400.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 166
  • 20230913_131219.jpg
    20230913_131219.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 170

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Excellent development @Altitudeup1 since your last update with pics in early August :D
She is very purple Nepalese dominant with those colorful stems, early flowering, flower structure (more rounded buds in contrast with the hairy longer colas from Jamaican phenos), resins, etc ....
What about the smells: sweet-creamy, woody or a mix ?

Excellent development @Altitudeup1 since your last update with pics in early August :D
She is very purple Nepalese dominant with those colorful stems, early flowering, flower structure (more rounded buds in contrast with the hairy longer colas from Jamaican phenos), resins, etc ....
What about the smells: sweet-creamy, woody or a mix ?
I would have to say sweet and creamy right now, I can't wait to make some water hash/rosin I will post when that happens! Next season im poppin more of NJ...I really appreciate the feedback you dish out means ALOT! I'm also working with a couple PCK one other question; have you all crossed pck and NJ?

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
if terpene profile is sweet and creamy (along with all the other traits previously commented) then you have a Nepalese expression there, crossed with a colorful forest fruit bubblegum scented PCK would produce a very interesting, early flowering, cold and mold resistant hybrid of really yummy, sweet fruity terpenes, great resins and kind effects :)

if terpene profile is sweet and creamy (along with all the other traits previously commented) then you have a Nepalese expression there, crossed with a colorful forest fruit bubblegum scented PCK would produce a very interesting, early flowering, cold and mold resistant hybrid of really yummy, sweet fruity terpenes, great resins and kind
❤️❤️❤️I can't wait I will post some pics of the 2 pck in the other thread... unfortunately I only did 2 and they are in even smaller pots! I just knew one of the two would be a male and was planning to breed from it, but got 2 Sexxy Dark Purple pck with different structures. Thank You again for the knowledge and Great Genetics you all Share!!!💪💪🙏🏽

Latest posts

Latest posts