What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Nepal Jam

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Congrats on your harvest @lohnjennon :D lovely early flowering Nepalese dom pheno with those colors, compact size and flower structure, in contrast with the more Jamaican expressions such as Bona Fortuna is showing in this page. Enjoy!

Thanks @Cactus Squatter :) for joining the thread with your friends' outdoor Nepal Jam.
Looks so far a Nepalese pheno in flowering, although would need to see more parts of the plant to be able to confirm more details.

Love to see the old Nepal Jam line still rocking on! (y)

lohnjennon

oooh nepaljam x lebanese
nepajamanese!
very beautiful @lohnjennon , also your lebaneses in the other thread!
Thanks! I am very excited about this cross. I hope that the disease resistance comes through in the offspring, and hopefully the height of some of the larger Lebanese plants. I like BIG plants when growing outside!
If everything goes as planned i will be testing the Lebanese x Nepal Jam next year! Now I just need to find some more secret growing spots (I have to abandon one of my spots, not enough light). Winter is a great time for scouting, especially when you are in a tourist town and everybody's gone!

Last edited:

lohnjennon

Congrats on your harvest @lohnjennon :D lovely early flowering Nepalese dom pheno with those colors, compact size and flower structure, in contrast with the more Jamaican expressions such as Bona Fortuna is showing in this page. Enjoy!

Thanks @Cactus Squatter :) for joining the thread with your friends' outdoor Nepal Jam.
Looks so far a Nepalese pheno in flowering, although would need to see more parts of the plant to be able to confirm more details.

Love to see the old Nepal Jam line still rocking on! (y)
Thanks @dubi , Nepal Jam is my girlfriend's favorite variety and one of mine. It makes excellent hash too!
@dubi, I was wondering what the chances are of finding a Jamaican leaning phenotype? like 1 in 100? I did an open pollination of the Nepal Jam a few years ago, so i have thousands of seeds to work with. I love the high of the Nepal Jam and it would be nice to find a tall plant for outdoors or in my greenhouse next year.

zaprjaques

Thanks! I am very excited about this cross. I hope that the disease resistance comes through in the offspring, and hopefully the height of some of the larger Lebanese plants. I like BIG plants when growing outside!
If everything goes as planned i will be testing the Nepal Jam x Lebanese next year! Now I just need to find some more secret growing spots (I have to abandon one of my spots, not enough light). Winter is a great time for scouting, especially when you are in a tourist town and everybody's gone!
I believe as a true f1 cross it will be very vigorous. From what i hear and read the nepaljam wont disappoint in a cross 😁.
Why is the nepaljam your girls favorite?
I'm looking forward to popping my freebie NJ fem as a first when i will finally have new setup, and now i'm intrigued even more cause i could share it with my lady maybe 😁

lohnjennon

I believe as a true f1 cross it will be very vigorous. From what i hear and read the nepaljam wont disappoint in a cross 😁.
Why is the nepaljam your girls favorite?
I'm looking forward to popping my freebie NJ fem as a first when i will finally have new setup, and now i'm intrigued even more cause i could share it with my lady maybe 😁
We like it because it is a very nice high, not scary but a very happy high, relaxing but doesn't put us right to bed. The open pollination i did a few years ago was all turned into hash (was heavily seeded) and that turned out to be one of our favorite hashes (besides the lebanese). unfortunately, the favorite is depleted the quickest.

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Thanks @dubi , Nepal Jam is my girlfriend's favorite variety and one of mine. It makes excellent hash too!
@dubi, I was wondering what the chances are of finding a Jamaican leaning phenotype? like 1 in 100? I did an open pollination of the Nepal Jam a few years ago, so i have thousands of seeds to work with. I love the high of the Nepal Jam and it would be nice to find a tall plant for outdoors or in my greenhouse next year.

Touching to hear that 🥰

Regarding your question, despite Nepal Jam has been bred latest years/generations towards the compact-early flowering Nepalese expressions, Jamaican pheno can still (less frequently) be found, like in current Nepal Jam fem release, Bona Fortuna #1,244 post in previous page is a good example. What you can expect from your Nepal Jam seeds depends a lot on the chosen phenos to inbred the line, although if you have many seeds, nice Jamaican phenos will pop for sure in enough big populations.

I have a question for the group.

I started a run of Nepal-Jam feminized last month. I am about 4 weeks in. Out of the 5 seeds in the pack. I had 1 that germinated but did not thrive. The other 4 are growing at totally different rates. Exact same everything tent,soil, ferts,etc...

I suspect it is nighttime temperature. My tent runs mid 80F with the lights on and low-mid 60F at night. I have done several other grows in the past, at the same time of the year (Chicago winter) and never experienced such a wide variance of growth rate.

One note: I soak my seeds in plain water for around 48hrs then place them in damp paper towels until there is a good sized tail. I then drop them in the final containers. In this case 3gal fabric pots. I use PRO-MIX HP BIOFUNGICIDE + MYCORRHIZAE and Geoflora nutes.

@dubi is this a genetic thing? Or do you think this is environmental??

Day 26 from when the seeds popped.
nepal-jam1.jpg

BumSplodgeBrownPants

I started a run of Nepal-Jam feminized last month. I am about 4 weeks in. Out of the 5 seeds in the pack. I had 1 that germinated but did not thrive. The other 4 are growing at totally different rates. Exact same everything tent,soil, ferts,etc...

I suspect it is nighttime temperature. My tent runs mid 80F with the lights on and low-mid 60F at night. I have done several other grows in the past, at the same time of the year (Chicago winter) and never experienced such a wide variance of growth rate.

One note: I soak my seeds in plain water for around 48hrs then place them in damp paper towels until there is a good sized tail. I then drop them in the final containers. In this case 3gal fabric pots. I use PRO-MIX HP BIOFUNGICIDE + MYCORRHIZAE and Geoflora nutes.

View attachment 18942802

Overwatered maybe?

View attachment 18942802
@dubi

My little runts are starting to catch up. Here they are 17 days later.
nepal-jam4.jpg

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Hi @UrbanGardner thanks for choosing Nepal Jam fem for your current grow, and sorry for my delay in the reply.

What you have are two plants belonging to the Nepalese columnar, fast-flowering, more inbred, indica phenotype. And two other plants, with more Jamaican sativa blood, heterosis, vigor, and branching.

I honestly cannot evaluate if they were overwatered during the seedling stage, but for optimum growth, try to keep temperatures not lower than 68ºF. Overwatering and/or cold temperatures can paralyze seedling growth, especially in heavily inbred lines like Nepal Jam.

They looked great in your last update :) Are they already in flowering?

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran

Makes me very happy to see you growing Nepal Jam again @StrongTree ;) They look very very resinous and advanced after just 5 weeks of flowering, well done! Both plants evidently belong to the fast indica phenotype. How did they finish ?

Hi @UrbanGardner thanks for choosing Nepal Jam fem for your current grow, and sorry for my delay in the reply.

What you have are two plants belonging to the Nepalese columnar, fast-flowering, more inbred, indica phenotype. And two other plants, with more Jamaican sativa blood, heterosis, vigor, and branching.

I honestly cannot evaluate if they were overwatered during the seedling stage, but for optimum growth, try to keep temperatures not lower than 68ºF. Overwatering and/or cold temperatures can paralyze seedling growth, especially in heavily inbred lines like Nepal Jam.

They looked great in your last update :) Are they already in flowering?
@dubi thanks for IDing the phenos. I am assuming the tall one is the Jamaican. That girl is a foot taller than the other 3. I am in week 3 of flower now. 3 of the plants stayed short and compact. I don't remember which of the 3 shorter plants was the 2nd Jamaican.

Here they are now. Keep in mind. I have 3 elevated to level the canopy.
nepal-jam6.jpg
nepal-jam5.jpg

nepal-jam7.jpg

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
@dubi

My little runts are starting to catch up. Here they are 17 days later.
View attachment 18949960

They look much more uniform now into flowering @UrbanGardner Very happy all 4 plants finally caught up :)

In this pic, the plants 2 in the back showed much more branching and vigor (a sign in this hybrid of higher Jamaican influence) compared with the 2 plants in front. However, this difference could be attributed to the delayed growth of the front two plants. I would be able to discern more traits of the flowers if you could comment on their terpenes and post pictures of each during flowering.

They look much more uniform now into flowering @UrbanGardner Very happy all 4 plants finally caught up :)

In this pic, the plants 2 in the back showed much more branching and vigor (a sign in this hybrid of higher Jamaican influence) compared with the 2 plants in front. However, this difference could be attributed to the delayed growth of the front two plants. I would be able to discern more traits of the flowers if you could comment on their terpenes and post pictures of each during flowering.

Here are a series of photos. As far as terpenes there is not a whole lot going on. The smell is very muted. I am picking up a sweet sugar cookie aroma. Not overpowering just subtle and pleasant.

Here is a group shot. the rest are uploaded in this order:

2 4
1 3

Group
nepal-jam_group.jpg

nepal-jam1_1.jpg

nepal-jam1_2.jpg

nepal-jam2_3.jpg

nepal-jam2_1.jpg

nepal-jam2_2.jpg

nepal-jam2_3.jpg

nepal-jam3_1.jpg

nepal-jam3_2.jpg

nepal-jam3_3.jpg

Here are a series of photos. As far as terpenes there is not a whole lot going on. The smell is very muted. I am picking up a sweet sugar cookie aroma. Not overpowering just subtle and pleasant.

Here is a group shot. the rest are uploaded in this order:

2 4
1 3

Group
View attachment 18969102
View attachment 18969103
View attachment 18969104
View attachment 18969105

View attachment 18969106
View attachment 18969107
View attachment 18969108

View attachment 18969109
View attachment 18969110
View attachment 18969111

Here are the last set:
nepal-jam4_1.jpg

nepal-jam4_2.jpg

nepal-jam4_3.jpg

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Thanks for taking the time to share pictures of each @UrbanGardner They are looking much more uniform now by mid flowering: compact, early flowering, purple Nepalese dom phenos of sweet creamy terpenes i've seen selecting for the last few generations, with strong branching from the Jamaican sativa blood.

Hecke

2024-03-16-13-15-48-812.jpg

Hello everybody,

I grow right now a few Nepal Jam´s indoor. I have used 10 seeds, 8 of them has germinated. Because it´s a stabilized hybrid and you guys from ACE Seeds recommended it, I will produce some new seeds for personal use by crossing a NJ male with some selected NJ females. The problem is now, that only one of the plants is a male, the seven others are female...so for growing proposes it´s a good result, but not for breeding.
The next problem is, that the only male also shows some female flowers at the top of the branches. So it´s more hermaphrodite than the pure male. Because I have no other male, I have used now the pollen from the hermaphrodite.
What do you think about that?

How high is the risk, that the future plants from the new seeds I breed right now, will be also show some hermaphrodite behaviours?

How is your female/male rate using NJ from ACE Seeds?

hanfomat

Don't worry about it. I would never use a female with male flowers to breed with. And if possible I prefer males without female traits on it for breeding. But there are some strains, where it is nearly impossible to get a male without female traits (my serious seeds AK-47 for example). Nevertheless, neither I nor others could detect hermaphrodites in the offspring within female plants. The females are 100% clean without any bananas. Only male plants have female flowers...