What's new

Nepal Jam

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Hey Dubi,

I have some height restrictions in my tent. I have a total of 59 inches to work with, and the light up top will use about 12 inches of that space, and the pot/dirt at the bottom will use about 12 inches as well. So that leaves me 35 inches (85 cm) for the nepal jam.

That is rather a tight fit, and I believe I read somewhere in these forums that nepal jam typically reaches a height of 48 inches (120 cm). Could I control the height by reducing veg time? Better yet...what would you suggest that I do to control the height to make it fit nicely in my tent. Actually, 35 inches would put the tops right at the light, maybe causing some burn or bleaching. So, maybe in your figuring you might consider that as well.

Would going 12/12 from seed be a good way to fit this in my tent? Or would 12/12 from seed result in plants that were way too small?

Thanks for any advice you can give me Dubi. :)

Wiggs

Hello Wiggs :)

I think Nepalese Jam would work perfectly for your height restrictions. I'd veg them for aprox 4 weeks, no need to grow them straight 12/12 from seed cos they would start to flower too small.

Despite Nepalese Jam is a sativa dominant strains stretches more like an indica dominant plant. Very little branching for indoor cycles, short nodes, thick stems, low stretching, fast flowering, etc ...

Outdoors is different, vegging them for 2 months would produce more branchy Nepalese jam plants but i guess is not the case.

Hope it helps. Let us know if you have any other doubt!

treewizard

A very Nepalese, Nepalese Jam. It was flipped on the 15th of April. Not a lot of stretch but good bud to plant ratio. /very floral smoke. Spacey but functional. I've run her 3-4 times now. Ive never seen a speck of mold.

Obviously more to come, until next time, adieu.

bozga

So I Read the whole thread, and I finally decided I want to grow Nepalese Jam!! :D
Only thing i'm concerned is finishing time; would it finish at 45N lat in the Balkans? I could let them go till end Oct / mid November depending on a season...... Pls advise
peace
boz

treewizard

I grew them, crossed to the Orient Express which has similar flowering times, outside in SW Washington. They finished early November.

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
So I Read the whole thread, and I finally decided I want to grow Nepalese Jam!! :D
Only thing i'm concerned is finishing time; would it finish at 45N lat in the Balkans? I could let them go till end Oct / mid November depending on a season...... Pls advise
peace
boz

Hello bozga,

You can grow Nepalese Jam at your latitude without any problem. You can expect harvest around first 2 weeks of October. Hope it helps.

bozga

Thnx dubi it helps a lot. I dicovered ACE seeds few weeks ago and I really like ACE vendor forums, so much usefull info about the strains, very nice sativa grows and I like it. My first choice was Bangi Haze, but reading the smoke reports I would prefer Nep Jam..... Will have a late planting so hear ya later :D
peace
boz :ying:

M

Miris

high
i have one pheno outside already in flower...does anyone know if its more nepal or jamaica pheno from picture?
picture.php

Pooneil

hi there! :wave:

just want to show some pics from my current nepalese jam selection :)

i've got 17 plants!

the first three rows on the left,
and the first two plants in the front of the fourth row

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• nj,ot-1.jpg
    nj,ot-1.jpg
    74.9 KB · Views: 22
  • nj,ot-2.jpg
    nj,ot-2.jpg
    103.9 KB · Views: 22

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Hello Miris,

She is showing traits from both nepalese and jamaican, but maybe she is a bit more on the jamaican side :D

high
i have one pheno outside already in flower...does anyone know if its more nepal or jamaica pheno from picture?
picture.php

dubi

ACE Seeds Breeder
Vendor
Veteran
Bravo Pooneil,

Lovely green carpet! :D Can't wait to see what you find there ;)
Best wishes friend!

hi there! :wave:

just want to show some pics from my current nepalese jam selection :)

i've got 17 plants!

the first three rows on the left,
and the first two plants in the front of the fourth row

M

Miris

yeah, jamaican may be better : ) lovely plant, dubi. she stay in mumroom because its feer to have fullbloomed pure sativa here 50North ,)
well i will post some photo before cut , it will be better :D

M

Miris

wow, she is almost ready to harvest. good choice for northern outdoor !!! this lady was only once fertilized, its guerilla
good yields, mold resistant, sweet smell . Im curious for high. next year 100% again ! also in indoor looks good too ...

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Pooneil

Hello Miris,

She is showing traits from both nepalese and jamaican, but maybe she is a bit more on the jamaican side :D

makes sense!
they nearly smell like my jamaican bagseed plant!

and that's what i already like most about this strain! :rasta:

good, that i keept a male .. would be perfekt to cross the jamaican with the nj!
do you have any idea, if the nj is dominant in crosses?

btw. i would like to upload some NJ and PCK pics,
but my upload limit is full.
any chance you could do something about that? :)

anyways .. you guys have a great day!
best wishes

M

Miris

Ive had 2seeds finally, one male had very big internodes and this lady with sweet smell and good yields also good for outdoor. someone tried it in holland or that nortern states? this is from 49 latitude
this is why i will order fresh 10 seeds and do small selection for interesting keeper