What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

need advice on how to protect from burglars...

Hammerhead

Disabled Farmer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
you could always have a diferant grow location like Warehouse. If they come to my home im always prepared as best I can. Im not sitting here paranoid but if someone started breaking in. Unless you kill there dog its more then a slight inconvenience. Dealing with the dog and the owner at the same time your done dude. I have a dog he will give me the time I need.

Its very true though if someone wants in bad enough they will or die trying.

Last edited:
S

SeaMaiden

Wildgrow... that gives me an idea!
Not to be Rude, but believe me when I say that my Dog is WELL trained. Too big not to be.

That's not rude, that's how it should be. ESPECIALLY if you're talking about such a large dog. Just gotta.

Harry Gypsna

Dirty hippy Bastard
Veteran
Once they've had weed out of your house once, your card is marked and they will be back. Even if you make it impossible for them to get in, they may well start a fire or inform on you-their logic being if we cant take it, you aint keeping it either.
My grow thst got robbed was in a shed, and after they cleaned it out, they went back and broke into that shed about 20 times over the next 18 months.

D

DHF

This thread is somewhat old ?.......but.....as Turbd said , if they want in they`re comin in regardless of the deterrent factors in place........

Once a grow op`s compromised , it`s time to go as fast and painlessly as possible , but how do you know when it`s compromised ?.......You don`t....

Usually until it`s too late , and Hell.....I had tweakers back up to a location of mine right in the driveway with my pitbull raisin all IMMORTAL Hell , and the neighbor came right out .......

And the dirty bastards told her they were there to do some work for me and she went back inside......They busted my basement door and stole the only appliance in the whole house cuz I was remodelin it and growin my ass off at the same time behind a wall in the basement.....

Just so happened that the fridge they took showed em the lil access door to my shit and they immediately thought they`d hit the jackpot.....

They got 6 lights and ballasts with 1 room full of 2 week cuts flipped 12/12 and the other room was empty from bein harvied the week before.....but....the fridge had all my seedstock from 20 yrs of collecting and that was my biggest loss.......

Police said it was random breakin "smash and grabs" and that they`d hit several homes in the neighborhood during the day while folks were at work.....

Needless to say I shut shit down and put the house on the market......moral to the story is.....

If you`re legal.....Be prepared to defend and protect your shit if somebody`s found out yas`re growin money trees......Don`t think twice......

Pull the trigger and pray it`s deemed self defense/justifiable homicide.......and.....random burglaries are hard to avoid , but someone findin out bout yer shit means somebody told em , and that`s when shit get`s real......

No good answer for compromised setups except leave and live to grow another day elsewhere no one knows about.......If yas grow where you live.....

Tell NO ONE...Never could grow where I lived here in Hell.........My 2 cents that kept me safe for many many yrs..........

Peace.....DHF.....:ying:......

avant gardener

Veteran
First you must know WHY and HOW, they broke into your house.

I had a friend that left a handgun in plain view on his table. Guess what, house got broken into.

bet they didn't break in while dude was home though.

Why? Because he was a fucking mental case. Well... He was my best friend... And then he let his mind get warped by outside influences that well and truly fucked him up... Trouble is, he played it smart, had me evicted and arrested (I didnt do shit, charges were dropped) all at the same time, then while I was in the lockup that night and he knew I wasnt there, he went through the window. I think jealousy was a factor as well, I had a job (at the time) and had been spending tonnes on electrical equip... Shit he wanted and couldnt have, and you guessed it, thats what he took.
I beleive that answers the How and Why...

Fuckers in the pen for 22 months as of last month

think we know who jacked the OP.
durr.

B

BasementGrower

if ur house was already robbed again an again.. then u need to move man. fuck living in fear of losing ur crop. lol fuck it an move. if u stay.. setup cameras. indoors and outdoors.. and dogs if u can.. what we did was get an alarm system .. that alerts us to our phone if theres motion detected.. for our grow house.. the entry is a steal door.. ment to be for a front door.. then we have a normal door handle with lock.. another dead bolt above it.. and a lock thingy with a padlock on it.. so 3 locks.. and a sound alarm.. cameras to catch the thieves face.. and since we installed everything.. we have caught 2 neighbors being nosey.. and no1 has tried shit ... my partners house that he lives in got hit for a decent amount of shit.. and since then we rented a storage locker.. and put all valueables in there.. and wen i harvest.. i cure.. and then toss in the storage locker inside this thing i bought from walmart.. that has a lock on it .. and i just go there to get my buds for the day or days.. then burp the jars if needed.. and leave.. works great.. if anything happens.. we will atleast be able to grab our stash.. lol.. after the robbery.. we used a fake id to rent the unit also.. so if anything happpens the law wont be able to trace it to us. GREAT IDEA/.

B

BasementGrower

I don't give a fuck how big or how many dogs you got.
If I wanted your shit dogs wouldn't stop me.
Small inconvenience at most.
Allot of small ones could make a better system but bottom line is once the location has been compromised its time to move.[/quote

hahha 165 pound rotte.. would fuck u up.. and not to mention.. dogs are a good warning tool.. TurbD .. id love to see u rob some1 .. that has a dog that big.. haha. id like to see ur face wen my 100 pound pit jumps up and clamps down on ur neck while ur trying to get close to the house haha.. talk about stupid people.. ive seen bigger dudes then u guys can imagine.. get fucked up by a 100 pound dog. and ive seen a dog.. warn a friend of a person sittn outside waiting for him to leave.. so he could rob him.. the dog warned him.. so he decided.. he was going to fuck this dude up.. so he had his wife get in the car and leave.. make it look like house was empty.. guy tried to get in.. an ended up in the hospital with his face ripped off his head.. so..

i really dont believe that half u idiots that think u can rob some1 have thought of all the shit they could do to u . INSIDE there home.

some1 comes in my place.. i hope they like rusty nails in there feet.. and thats the only give away lol ill leave out there.

B

BasementGrower

you could always have a diferant grow location like Warehouse. If they come to my home im always prepared as best I can. Im not sitting here paranoid but if someone started breaking in. Unless you kill there dog its more then a slight inconvenience. Dealing with the dog and the owner at the same time your done dude. I have a dog he will give me the time I need.

Its very true though if someone wants in bad enough they will or die trying.

more likely die trying lol kuz unless u got urself a gun.. wen ur robbin some1.. the people ur robbing probly have one.. or at best they are wlling to kill u in there place.. and u mite not be willing to kill for it .

F

Funion

I use passive items like thorny hedges and well places plants like stinging nettle et al.
F

Intsall GSM cameras......If someone walks in front of it it sends 5 x picture messages to a phone/phones of your choice in 1 second increments

Tyga

Veteran
Don't tell a soul about your grow... If your legal install an alarm system... if your not so legal I'de say heavy door,deadlocks, and a Wireless IP camera/motion detector and hope that if shit goes down your close by...
Im highly against using dogs as "protection"... a dog will not stop thieves with half a brain and a strap. And of course everyone will start preaching " OH my 200lb dog will fuck your shit up!" but lets be real... your dog isn't going to stand up to bullets. Bottom line... Dogs are companions IMO not protection...

Hazy brain

WTF! That posted before I was done. What I was gonna say is that the one solution to prevent yourself from being robbed is never, EVER tell anyone you're growing. That's as basic as it can get. Not your friends, not your father, not your sister, not your brother, not your lover, not grandpa or grandma. NO ONE! Every time you read about grow security that's the first and foremost number one item that's stressed to the max. NEVER TELL ANYONE FOR ANY REASON. EVER! If you do tell someone you WILL be robbed or arrested.

As for preventing more robberies, the one way that will work for 100% certain, shoot and kill the next person that robs you. If you do that no one will ever break into your house again. No one will come near your house again. It will work, everyone will know who you are and they won't fuck with you.

Sativa Dragon

Veteran
a big dog my frind was rip off twice the third time we put a 110v hot wire on a window frame about 3:30 in the morning a squilling screame came from the barn the culpret was laying on the ground he never came back lol 110v will knouck u down and out but not killu

I have been hit with 110v 220v 347v all kinds of volts, either your culprits were wearing no shoes and they were biting down on the wire I say you full of shit.

Peace

Sativa Dragon

Veteran
Everyone in the know hotwires as it is described above means DC current which is the ONLY effective electric fence.

Peace

S

sourpuss

Id do the electric window thing. Beef everything up except that window. Maybe leavr a chair there.. make sure u put up no trespassing danger signs. I would feel zero guilt.

Remember dc not ac according to sativa dragon. Fry that son of a b.

Dont forget the dogs... realease them for a little before calling the morgue

Latest posts

Latest posts