What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

need advice on how to protect from burglars...

G

Guest 168361

ive been looking all around on IC and i cant seem to find a thread on how to fortify your house/grow area. I was recently ripped off and im trying to make my house impossible to break into. or at least as close to it as i can go.....

the most obvious security weak points i can think of are the doors and windows...not sure exactly on where to start to secure them....do i just board that shit up?

what do you fellow ic folk do to your grow spots?

honestly at this point i dont care how much my house starts to look like a jail. just sick of these thieves

any help would be appreciated

hippydan

Steel doors/door frames with a deadbolt or two is a good start. Big, mean looking dogs. A rocking chair on your front porch where you regularly clean you gun. (that last one was a joke) =). Sorry to hear you were broken into in the past, it's a shame we have to protect ourselves like this. Good luck, I look forward to seeing more replies here.

PuReKnOwLeDgE

Licensed Grower
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Get security doors for outside of your doors. They will take lots of time and noise and burglars don't like that. Security doors go outside of the main door. Get steel re-enforced main entry doors, that way they won't be easyily kicked in.

Look into window security film for all your windows. You can find nice demonstrations on youtube of this stuff in action. This film makes it very hard to break the glass, also it makes lots of noise and again takes lots of time.

Or get bars for your windows even though it can be ugly.

Get a security system that calls you in case of entry. They are semi cheap and you can wire all your windows, doors, and add multiple motion sensors. The system does not sound an alarm, but calls you and you can speak over the system to the intruder and make them crap their pants.

Also you can get wireless IP cameras that you can control, have night vision, and two way communications between you and the intruder.

Sucks you got broke into, hopefully it wasn't at your grow house, if it was they will be back and alot more people will know.

With the above your house will be pretty secure, and take lots of time and noise to get into. Should they enter, you will be called.

Midnight

Veteran
ive been looking all around on IC and i cant seem to find a thread on how to fortify your house/grow area. I was recently ripped off and im trying to make my house impossible to break into. or at least as close to it as i can go.....

the most obvious security weak points i can think of are the doors and windows...not sure exactly on where to start to secure them....do i just board that shit up?

what do you fellow ic folk do to your grow spots?

honestly at this point i dont care how much my house starts to look like a jail. just sick of these thieves

any help would be appreciated

If they ripped your grow you are pretty much fucked because now they know and they WILL come back for more.

I too am interested in the Alarm systems that ring you when someones in your house - I've been robbed b4 (b4 I grew) - and now that I'm growing I want as little chance of that happening as possible... The cops did nothing.

So, what sort of these alarm systems would you recommend?

Rednick

One day you will have to answer to the children of
Veteran
First you must know WHY and HOW, they broke into your house.

I had a friend that left a handgun in plain view on his table. Guess what, house got broken into.

Watch 'Street Thief'. It on Netflix.
Or the TV show 'It Takes a Thief'.

Scare the shit outta you.

Why? Because he was a fucking mental case. Well... He was my best friend... And then he let his mind get warped by outside influences that well and truly fucked him up... Trouble is, he played it smart, had me evicted and arrested (I didnt do shit, charges were dropped) all at the same time, then while I was in the lockup that night and he knew I wasnt there, he went through the window. I think jealousy was a factor as well, I had a job (at the time) and had been spending tonnes on electrical equip... Shit he wanted and couldnt have, and you guessed it, thats what he took.
I beleive that answers the How and Why...

Fuckers in the pen for 22 months as of last month

pearlemae

May your race always be in your favor
Veteran
I have two big dogs, we walk the neighborhood each day. Everyone that live for several blocks has seen my dogs. The great Dane gets the most looks, she watches everything and even reacts when there's a strange piece of paper in the next yard. Always on guard duty.

Slangheat

Helps to have a close and trust-worthy neighbor, it's just a damn shame they are so hard to come by.

My old neighbor used to call me about any odd noises etc during the OD season at my old place. Was very, very nice and she saved my crop more than a few times just by keeping her ears open and her phone nearby.

I do agree with the people telling you to move - I wouldn't see anyway aroudn it if I were in your situation.

ZZTops

Veteran
Something to think about...

safetyandsecuritycenter_2102_5398378

http://www.safetyandsecuritycenter.com/homalsys.html

yortbogey

To Have More ... Desire Less
Veteran
brand new..........cyclone fence all the way around the property..........
attach several marine batteries to low voltage wires and ground them out to the fence......NO-body will come over......

plus it will keep U'r NEW........Killer blood hound / KUJO....MoFo.....from the adoption / pound.......in side the yard and on patrol.......

If U only allow the dog to have trust with U and U'r'z............thean the beast will learn to distrust......EVERTHING...else.....will be chew toys....

spainmedman

Go to ebay and buy some ADT or brinks security signs for the yard, you can also buy ADT Protected stickers to put on your windows, might help

ivanic

whatever you do make sure they know youve done something otherwise they will be non the wiser and will eventually try again.

Stuff like cameras real or fake will put them off, real or fake alarm boxes you get the point. security Stickers etc, big halogen security lights that come on when anyone enters your premises, get some that can be set to strobe lighting, that shit will cause alot of attention and shit them up.

Deadbolts on doors, cross brace bars on window openings not as ugly as big bars.

Best way is to enclose your property but can be costly, big cast iron gates with sharp railings, no one wants to break in there incase they cant get out.

My favourite always leave an axe in site in a porch where they can see it, will make them think what kind of person you are. And dogs do the job, like someone above said walk them regularly so everyone knows about them. Some people are afraid of mine they walk across the road when approaching my house.

Rednick

One day you will have to answer to the children of
Veteran
I beleive that answers the How and Why...

Fuckers in the pen for 22 months as of last month
In your case yes.
It is funny how friends can change when their lazy asses start envying your shit.
But at least in your case Karma came quick.

I was asking Skruddles, sorry.

Thieves (like cops) have a modus operandi when scoping out potential targets. There are usually things that are flags for them. As they cruise around they see plenty of opportunity, but they are constantly filtering for the BEST opportunity.
In the case of friends screwing you over, betrayal is a bitch. Or sometimes friends tell friends, who tell another asshole...
:blowbubbles:

G

Guest 168361

as for the how and why in my case

how..made the mistake of showing this fucker the harvest...next day i go eat lunch and when i come back my front door was left open and everything gone...deadbolt smashed right through the crappy wooden jam

why..obvious, he saw a prime opportunity to make some quick cash..he envied the shit out of what i had going, a sick ass house in the country, what he didnt see was all the hard work i had to put into to get that far...all the risk i took in order to make it. Fuckin piece of shit...its my own fault though for showing off like a fool

LIFEISGOOD

Man trap

Man trap

Big dogs go a long way, a cheap security system that will contact you, and a Tazer in case you are there. Hand guns and a garden will get you time. You can also go with the hot wire approach on a inside door. My favorite is the man trap, then what???:hotbounce

bentom187

Veteran
hey man, just remember murphies law,eliminate all ways in ,and then you've eliminated all ways out as well.