What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Mysterious Men Dropping From Helicopters To Chop Down NorCal Marijuana Grows

although I belive democratic republic was used upon the founding.

or maybe it was just republic
either way it is now an oligarchy

stasis

Registered Non-Conformist
Veteran
A discussion of semantics, waiting for real news..? Don't close it tho. The end results should also be in the thread. Things will happen fast Although it could be covered up, Old Skool Mendoites will not take No Info for an answer, nor will KMUD.

clips

mercs .... do you think it is ok , if not start banging drums at your congressmen raise your complaints ... if we do nothing it will get worse ...

A former senior CIA official said the benefit of using Blackwater's foreign operatives in CIA operations was that "you wouldn't want to have American fingerprints on it."

While the network was originally established for use in CIA operations, documents show that Prado viewed it as potentially valuable to other government agencies. In an e-mail in October 2007 with the subject line "Possible Opportunity in DEA—Read and Delete," Prado wrote to a Total Intelligence executive with a pitch for the Drug Enforcement Administration. That executive was an eighteen-year DEA veteran with extensive government connections who had recently joined the firm. Prado explained that Blackwater had developed "a rapidly growing, worldwide network of folks that can do everything from surveillance to ground truth to disruption operations." He added, "These are all foreign nationals (except for a few cases where US persons are the conduit but no longer 'play' on the street), so deniability is built in and should be a big plus."

The executive wrote back and suggested there "may be an interest" in those services. The executive suggested that "one of the best places to start may be the Special Operations Division, (SOD) which is located in Chantilly, VA," telling Prado the name of the special agent in charge. The SOD is a secretive joint command within the Justice Department, run by the DEA. It serves as the command-and-control center for some of the most sensitive counternarcotics and law enforcement operations conducted by federal forces.

LiLWaynE

I Feel Good
ICMag Donor
Veteran
there was a punk on these forums years ago talking about doing this as a profession.....

i wish i could remember his name

i really want to say his name was M.D. TOKER or something like that........

i couldbe wrong.... im too stoned to check his recent posts right now...

either or, career thiefs are punk bitches.

Space Toker

Veteran
too far out to comprehend much right now except have to get caught up here! (you don't know how long it took to type this sentence and I plead the 5th! :D ;)

MJPassion

Observer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
although I belive democratic republic was used upon the founding.

or maybe it was just republic
either way it is now an oligarchy

Believe what you want then go read the document & change what you believe based upon correct information that you found on your own & was not spoon fed by somebody getting a paycheck ti spread mis/dis-information via free public education...

If I remember correctly, the term democracy isn't mentioned in the Constitution of the United States of America... anywhere...
now I have to check. lol

I disagree with the oligarchy statement as well... Unless you are including European nations as well.
Over half of the American Presidents are related to European Royalty.

L

Luther Burbank

There's some hella stupid stuff being said in this thread, but now we're gonna get into anti-Semitic conspiracy theory territory? I'll give you 7/10 on this trolling DrFever.

Just to attempt to dispel some misconceptions - hemp was a coverall term used for many plant fibers, and it is a stoner's dream argument to start that rubbish about the declaration being written on hemp. Also, there were many printing presses set up in America, not just Ben Franklin's. I can't imagine a world view where one implies that the colonies had a single printing press or that the major cause of building a printing press was to keep those "limey Brits" from "controlling our press". At the time Franklin built his press Americans viewed themselves as British and the argument was that they were entitled to all rights due to British citizens. 42/43 presidents are "related to European Royalty" because they all share a common ancestor of King John who lived 900 years ago. To say that they're all related to European royalty is to imply there's some great conspiratorial link between the ruling classes of Europe and our presidents, and that's absurd. It's playing on the numbers of genetics and ignores the fact a king who died 900 years ago has zero connection with the current ruling families. I'm not going any further down this rabbit hole though, it's based on some "patriotic" narrative completely decoupled from history and reality. The "founding fathers" would be rolling in their graves if they heard the sort of rubbish invoked with their names. The whole argument is ridiculous.

stasis

Veteran
Claims private vigilantes were raiding Laytonville grow sites debunked

By Adrian Baumann
The Willits News
Posted: 08/15/2014 12:56:08 PM PDT0 Comments

Rumors, like other weeds, flourish in the hills of Mendocino County, and one of the more alarming recent rumors had renewed life the week after a letter to the editor about them published in the Ukiah Daily Journal. The letter, signed by a Robert Callahan of Laytonville, an apparent alias, alleges that private security contractors dropped from helicopters in vigilante raids, without any police support, in the Woodman Canyon area, east of Laytonville. However, no one has come out with definitive proof of such allegations and Mendocino County Sheriff's spokesman, Capt. Gregory Van Patten, provided the Willits News with accounts of police activity in the area, specifying that in fact COMMET and the Mendocino Major Crimes Task Force was active in the Woodman Creek area during the time in question.

The Willits News had been investigating such rumors for about two weeks when the letter was published. Though many people had commented on the odd, or unorthodox, nature of recent helicopter raids in the Woodman Canyon area, no one had stepped forward to definitively explain what had happened, provide an direct eye witness account, or cellphone video and pictures. The gist of the rumors is well summed up in the opening of the letter to the editor:

"In Laytonville, California, Wednesday, July 23 and Thursday July 24, a PMC (Private Military Company) made its way through the Woodman Canyon area in a blue and white helicopter. This helicopter had armed personnel dangling from a cable below. These men were not law enforcement. The helicopter was unmarked, and these men did not announce themselves and did not serve warrants. There was no sheriff incident reports filed. Instead, they lowered themselves into legal medical gardens with Proposition 215 doctors recommendations on the gates, and proceeded to cut down private citizens legal medical gardens." The full letter may be found in the Wednesday August 13 issue of the Ukiah Daily Journal.

There are aditionally some discrepancies in a few details between the letter, and what had been gathered by The Willits News, specifically as to the absolute 215 compliance of all the gardens. In describing the unusual nature of recent raids sources around Laytonville had commented on the fact that while water lines were cut, and plants cut down, supposedly nothing was hauled away, no warrants were served, no arrests made and no samples were taken.

Initially the sheriff's office, after briefly checking dispatch records, said that no activity had occurred in that area on the specific dates. But later, at the request of TWN, Van Patten provide a brief report on the occurrences specifying that:

"On 7-23-2014 COMMET, the Mendocino Major Crimes Task Force (MMCTF), and the Mendocino County Probation Department conducted open field eradications with a private helicopter company in the area of Woodman Creek after having received complaints of the creek being drained by illegal marijuana grows in the area.

On 7-23-2014 there were 2,630 marijuana plants eradicated collectively from no less than 15 sites. All the gardens where[sic] out of compliance with 9.31 MCC and medical usage guidelines.

One marijuana garden has been eradicated numerous times in the past and some of the plants were on BLM land."

The sheriff's office added that in prior years most diversion cases had been discovered by investigators, whereas with the current drought conditions police have begun to receive direct, usually anonymous, reports of marijuana related diversions.

The letter in the Journal goes on to directly accuse LEAR Asset Management, a local private security company that has contracts with timber companies to patrol their lands for trespass grows, and has recently acquired a grant from the California Department of Fish and Wildlife to clean-up trespass grows on private timberland.

Responding to questions of LEAR's possible participation in any vigilante raids, Paul Trouette, owner of LEAR, and president of the Blacktail Association began plainly by saying, "Lear assetmanagement had nothing to do with Woodman, Dos Rios, Spyrock, or any of those raids."

He added that the company was not even in the area, and upon consideration, commented that he did not believe they were active that week. He continued with a more specific statement saying, "We operate on properties we are contracted to operate, and that's it. We would never do trespassing, we want to honor our relationship with Sheriff Tom Allman, and Mr. Allman is well aware of when and where we work, we notify him when we're working. And I respect my relationship with Tom Allman, and we are not rogue vigilantes."

The sheriff's department does not have its own helicopter, and as Trouette pointed out there are a handful of private pilots and copter rental companies that rent to both his company and law enforcement. The result of this is that often the helicopter sheriff's officers ride in will not be marked, and could be the very same one used by LEAR at another time.

LEAR is currently active in Humboldt, Mendocino, Lake and Colusa Counties, and Trouette indicated that they will soon be operating in others. Trouette continued to emphasize his close cooperation with the sheriffs adding that, "We have done collaborative operations when they're needed..we would assist them or help them in their operations on eradication." Asked for specifics he said, "We would go in for assistance, I'll just leave it at that."

Bottom line Trouette said, "My main goal is to let people know that if you're not on our client's property you have nothing to worry about." Adding, "We don't mess with peoples 215's."

Sheriff Tom Allman seemed skeptical that any such activity might be occurring in the county. Allman answered questions while assisting at the Lodge Complex fire near Laytonville, saying, "I have not had report of Blacktail or LEAR asset protection[sic], in Woodman Canyon. So if there is someone that wants to report, first hand, to me of private security on someone's private land destroying marijuana, I want to hear about it. But as of now it's an urban legend and no one is saying, 'Yes I saw it.'"

MJPassion

Observer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
So is the OPs compliant legit?
or
Were they throwing water on an oil fire?

Seems like either a hoax or somebody really doesn't trust mr. Allmans office with a report.

At this point in the game, since only a letter was written to the press & no report was filed w the Sheriffs Dept, I believe the incident, as played out in this thread, was a hoax.
Especially since what was written to the paper somewhat contradicts what has been said in this thread regarding heli descriptions...

stasis

Veteran
In general regarding the LEAR issue - KMUD carried coverage, and they while reactive, are not generally muckrakers.

Nah, I think it happened - somehow. Allman is hard to pin down - a great politician. I have no idea how He does it. MDO is tough on Sheriffs. Jeez, with his ability to dance on a knife-edge, He could be president.

No one wants to brag about being raided. And maybe more occurrences, in that many people would not even consider 'reporting' incidents of this nature. May have been people paying LEAR to patrol private lands and it somehow got out of hand..? Still a mystery. I think we will find out the outcome, because Mendo growers are not gonna stand idly by.

MJPassion

Observer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Quite honestly...

If it happened & was not reported to the authorities, NOTHING more can be done. Unless somebody wants the title of vigilante.

A simple letter to the press is not going to set off an investigation & neither will complaining on a cannabis site.

MJPassion

Observer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
The speculation created has been fun, however.

Sorry for the multiple posts...
my mobile is rather uncooperative.

MJBadger

Veteran
and the Mendocino County Probation Department conducted open field eradications with a private helicopter company in the area of Woodman Creek after having received complaints of the creek being drained by illegal marijuana grows in the area.

Illegal grows were chopped ? Sounds plausible I suppose .

DrFever

Veteran
Illegal grows were chopped ? Sounds plausible I suppose .

With the water crisis in south west we took it upon us our selves to destroy as many mj crops as possible
Farmer power haha we need oranges more then MJ
Oranges , grapes , grapefruit, mango's pears ,avocado etc

to give you a idea what were talking about in money these are 2012 stats be safe to add 15 percent more today

Milk — $6.9 billion
Grapes — $4.449 billion
Almonds — $4.347 billion
Nursery plants — $3.543 billion
Cattle, Calves — $3.299 billion
Strawberries — $1.939 billion
Lettuce — $1.448 billion
Walnuts — $1.349 billion
Hay — $1.237 billion
Tomatoes — $1.170 billion
then you look at what mj brings in
http://fusion.net/story/5106/how-much-do-states-make-from-medical-marijuana/

billions in the fruit n veg industry and millions in mj industry no brainer here ???? dam i grow hay seems more profitable then MJ