What's new

Mysterious Men Dropping From Helicopters To Chop Down NorCal Marijuana Grows

RetroGrow

Veteran
hippy protests didn't do anything

Except end the war in Vietnam before any more people were killed, and exposed Nixon as the rat he was. If we "hippies" hadn't stood up to the government, many more Americans would have come back in body bags. But people today? They are more concerned with "political correctness" than fighting for their rights. People have lost their balls. It's all part of the plan. The protests we used to end the Vietnam war are now prohibited by law.
That should be disturbing to every American, but as long as they can play with their I-phones.....

RetroGrow

Veteran
folks would be wise to familiarize themselves with the open fields doctrine and curtilage.
:tiphat:

From Wikipedia:

In law, the curtilage of a house or dwelling is the land immediately surrounding it, including any closely associated buildings and structures, but excluding any associated "open fields beyond", and also excluding any closely associated buildings, structures, or divisions that contain the separate intimate activities of its own respective occupants with those occupying residents being persons other than those residents of the house or dwelling of which the building is associated. It delineates the boundary within which a home owner can have a reasonable expectation of privacy and where "intimate home activities" take place. It is an important legal concept in certain jurisdictions for the understanding of search and seizure, conveyancing of real property, burglary, trespass, and land use planning.

In urban properties, the location of the curtilage may be evident from the position of fences, wall and similar; within larger properties it may be a matter of some legal debate as to where the private area ends and the 'open fields' start.

"The enclosed space of ground and buildings immediately surrounding a dwelling-house. In its most comprehensive and proper legal signification, it includes all that space of ground and buildings thereon which is usually enclosed within the general fence immediately surrounding a principal messuage and outbuildings, and yard closely adjoining to a dwelling-house, but it may be large enough for cattle to be levant and couchant therein."

The U.S. Supreme Court has held that for the purposes of the Fourth Amendment, an area immediately surrounding a house or dwelling is curtilage if it harbors the "intimate activity associated with the 'sanctity of a man's home and the privacies of life.'"

In United States v. Dunn (1987), the Court provided guidance, saying that, "curtilage questions should be resolved with particular reference to four factors: the proximity of the area claimed to be curtilage to the home, whether the area is included within an enclosure surrounding the home, the nature of the uses to which the area is put, and the steps taken by the resident to protect the area from observation by people passing by."

In Florida v. Jardines (2013), the Court held, in a 5-4 decision by Justice Antonin Scalia, that the curtilage may not be used by a canine cop to sniff for marijuana:

We therefore regard the area "immediately surrounding and associated with the home"—what our cases call the curtilage—as "part of the home itself for Fourth Amendment purposes." ... That principle has ancient and durable roots. Just as the distinction between the home and the open fields is "as old as the common law," ... so too is the identity of home and what Blackstone called the "curtilage or homestall," for the "house protects and privileges all its branches and appurtenants." ... This area around the home is "intimately linked to the home, both physically and psychologically," and is where "privacy expectations are most heightened."

Basically, if your area is fenced, it is considered curtilage. So, best to have fences around your grow & property/house.

stasis

Registered Non-Conformist
Veteran
I post an article with the facts, and some of you obviously have not read it. Allman was in the know. Kamala Harris and the DOJ are behind it.

NEGT1

Retro you are correct but what will change nothing thats the problem this day n age is the fact know one gives a crap really it never happens to you so why should anyone care things are changing in the old good ole usa that many are indeed blind and the sad thing is more then half of the population can no even recite the national anthem should this not be alarming ???? same goes for charters of rights just walk down the street and ask 10 people if they can tell you them you might be alarmed oh sure they will say the right to bare arms pathetic really yea think ???? maybe 1 - 20
and thats the problem these days americans are not a complete they are all scattered people un knowing and unsure so rather then get into it and stand up for there rights ??
they rather keep there mouths shut and watch there rights slip away right in front of them
how about privacy on internet or phones
even that has been stripped from the average american by some bill passed USA FREEDOM ACT you know like i mentioned in other threads its not long before a american is not a citizen but rather a tenant

So you're main concern is that some people can't recite the national anthem? That's your talking point?

Come on.

soserthc1

During the course of two days I read this entire thread and I find it horrible that legal crops are being torn down. I find it equally troubling that people are willing to die for plants ???

What about the children etc you leave behind , I understand you et guys are hard core but live to grow another day , no one is taking out armed men landing unannounced on your property , maybe 1 or 2 if your a great shot but don't see ya living to grow again .....just mho

Ph-patrol

Veteran
Hashing it out and disagreeing ,freedom of speech and assembly. That is how we as Americans come to solutions to problems. With out fear of prosecution. Voting for positive change.

This Democracy is what makes us great.

milkyjoe

Veteran
Sorry mods got to kick this dead horse one last time.

I am with mr stanhope on the pledge of allegiance

m.youtube.com/watch?v=4xwo-ENtfW0

stasis

Registered Non-Conformist
Veteran
There will be a reckoning of some sorts. Not sure how it will manifest, or how binding it will be. Allman has had a tightrope walk for the duration, and I am sure it has been challenging. He may be as good as it gets. Although Vroman might have proved better.

I do not envy him his job.

mojave green

rockin in the free world
Veteran
if it really was the feds...any attempt to make a claim will most likely result in federal charges against the individual attempting to make that claim.

MJPassion

Observer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
This is the oath we took. Anyone can google it. That's what I did:

"I, _____, do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; and that I will obey the orders of the President of the United States and the orders of the officers appointed over me, according to regulations and the Uniform Code of Military Justice. So help me God."

I'm not sure what you meant. The bolded part about the Constitution maybe? If so, wrong assumption.

Anyway that oath is valid only while you are active duty and is taken VERY seriously by those who swear to it. And it's the Constitution, not somebody's land.

But no one is intimating anybody has a right to shoot a cop are they? That's just crazy. And this thread will get shut down quicker than hell if they are.

I have yet to meet a vet that did not take that oath to the grave...
What's that piece of hemp, the Constitution, mean to you?
I never served but I know that The Constitution of the United States of America is the fundamental law of these United States of America.
According to the US Supreme Court, in the case of Marbury V Maddison, "ANY LAW REPUGNANT TO THE CONSTITUTION IS VOID"...

I also realize that an individual afraid to exercise a Right may as well not have any.

I do not, can not, will not condone an act of murder. However, when armed, unidentified, masked men are jumping from unmarked (or very well hidden markings) choppers, they then are classified as terrorist. It makes no difference WHO they really are... even if it's SEAL team 6...

If the military is being used to fly these missions... They are in direct violation of the Posse Comatatus Act (sp?). Hmmm!!!

MJPassion

Observer
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Hashing it out and disagreeing ,freedom of speech and assembly. That is how we as Americans come to solutions to problems. With out fear of prosecution. Voting for positive change.

This nation IS NOT a democracy...
Go read the Constitution again!

EsterEssence

Veteran

I would much rather be Hashing, than worried about the men in black emerging from a copter...

Capt.Ahab

Feeding the ducks with a bun.
Veteran

This Republic is what makes us great.

Fixed it for you.

bombadil.360

Andinismo Hierbatero
Veteran
What's that piece of hemp, the Constitution, mean to you?

http://www.usconstitution.net/constfaq_a8.html

Q145. "What kind of paper was the Constitution written on?"

A. Urban legend is that the Constitution, Declaration of Independence, and Bill of Rights were written on hemp paper, hemp being the industrial name for the fiber of the marijuana plant. For some reason, this "fact" is touted by those who seek to legalize marijuana for recreational use. First, it is not clear why the use of hemp as a fiber should mean it should be legalized for recreational use. Second, the "fact" is not a fact.

The Declaration, the Constitution, and the Bill of Rights are currently housed in the National Archives. All three are written on parchment, not hemp paper. Parchment is treated animal skin, typically sheepskin. The Declaration was inked with iron gall ink. The Jet Propulsion Laboratory was commissioned to create a system to monitor the physical status of all three. The Charters of Freedom Monitoring System took digital photos of each sheet of parchment in 1987, each document divided into one-inch squares. Over time, the photos are retaken and compared to the original to look for signs of deterioration. Before the charters were recently reencased for display, a small tear in the Declaration was repaired by adding Japanese paper to the gap. This is the only paper in any of the documents. It is, then, inaccurate to say that any of these documents was written on hemp.

It is likely, however, that drafts of the documents were written on paper made from hemp. In that period, most paper was made from hemp or flax and a mixture of recycled rags and cloth.

Latest posts

Latest posts