What's new

My Super Intelligent C24 Grow Cab

DeadlyFoez

Music help plants through the vibratrations it creates which the end result is that the vibrations help with the movement of nutrients in the plant.

Lumens is a measurement of light of how are eyes see it. Plants don't "see" light the way we do, they see completely different wavelengths. The peak wavelengths that plants use are almost out of our visible spectrum. Because of these things, most led's are rated in how many watts of light they put out.

DeadlyFoez

Pretty much what it does is you get a small computer fan and have it blowing into your res, preferably across your soultion instead of pointing down into your res. You have a place for it to exhaust. It helps to lower temps by blowing out the humidity that builds up that causes temps to raise. I have the exhaust going into my c24 to help raise my humidity in my cab because my humidity is normally around %30.

BlindDate

Veteran
I see one serious problem. Those Peristaltic pumps that you bought from APT have silicone tubing in them. Silicone is not compatible with acids and bases. You need to change the tubing to Viton or Norpreane or Masterflex LFL, or your going to have a major mess on your hands.

Reservoir cooling using a fan works by evaporation. Expanding gasses (water) will cool just like freon does inside an AC although not nearly as well. By doing this it is possible to lower your reservoir temperature below ambient. It has nothing to do with creating humidity.

Before I started messing with LEDs, I would read some of the many attempted LED threads on this board. To summarize, they all grew crap. Yet the idea is so cool that people feel compelled to repeat the same failed experiments over and over hoping to get a different result. Oh, who knows, maybe it is different with tomatoes!

My 2 cents.

Last edited:

OGDread

Lumens is indeed a term for visible light. I should have used "radiant intensity in the correct spctra"
Still, thats the LED issue: how to get the correct intensity in the correct spectra.
I want this to be available! But so far, nothing shows me some pudding.

DeadlyFoez

BlindDate said:
I see one serious problem. Those Peristaltic pumps that you bought from APT have silicone tubing in them. Silicone is not compatible with acids and bases. You need to change the tubing to Viton or Norpreane or Masterflex LFL, or your going to have a major mess on your hands.

Before I started messing with LEDs, I would read some of the many attempted LED threads on this board. To summarize, they all grew crap. Yet the idea is so cool that people feel compelled to repeat the same failed experiments over and over hoping to get a different result. Oh, who knows, maybe it is different with tomatoes!

My 2 cents.

Dont worry, I already took care of the pumps and had them ordered with tygon LFL tubing. I'm certainly not an idiot

Also. I know what I'm doing when it comes to LED's. Yes, almost all other grows have turned out not so great and thats because they only included 2 wavelengths, I will be including about 7 or 8 wavelengths. I have done my research and I would never jump into somethign blind and do it without extensive research.

dude pimp cab ur a fucking genious!

get voice command computer operation and retna scanner lock on the door or fingerprint at least :)

OMG the music idea is soo fucking bad ass i love the choices never heard yanni hehehe

it seems if you could trick them to think they are in nature in their natural habitat where they grow really big then it might help and if not it conceals the sound of fans anyways

all you need now is a robot to change the water and harvest those bitches

woot

DeadlyFoez

IAmTheHydro said:
all you need now is a robot to change the water and harvest those bitches
woot

Thanx for the comments.
I'm actually, when I move into a house, going to use solenoid valves to computer control water changes with my household plumming. I got many more plans on how I can computer controll things.

I actually just got a company to send me 3 "Sample" Peristaltic pumps that I will use for nutrient dosing. They should be here in 2 weeks.

But if I use aquaponics or bio buckets then I wont have to worry about water changes. I pretty much just need lavarock and I can call it bio buckets.

BlindDate

Veteran
This is going to be one fantastic cabnet make no mistake. Just a follow up on my earlier comments about the Peristaltic tubing. Most all of these small Peri pumps that take the 1/4" OD x 1/8" ID tubing will also take 3/16" OD x 1/16" ID tubing (it's the wall thickness that matters = 1/16"). When dosing your Up/Down solution you can never do it too slow. The slower the better IMO since it will preclude overshooting the setpoint. This is really important when using such a tiny reservoir.

Next question, actualy more of a comment. I run a fully automated grow with 10 Peristaltic pumps, solinoid valves, auto light raiser, running on a LabView program etc. I have never done a micro grow or cabnet grow of any kind and am just wondering about the thinking behind it. What I am trying to get at is what with all this technology being used to grow inside a thimble, what is the motivation for you guys. When all the productivity gains to be had with Hydroponics and Automation can simply be trumped with dirt pots and an extra square foot of area.
I guess it's just an exercise in technology? Or perhaps a game? How many people can we get inside a VW bug?

Last comment: When you get those sample pumps from Welco you will need to use a speed controler on them and clock/adjust them since they are not at all consistant. A better choice would be to use Masterflex OEM LS16 pump/motor combination. The pump heads can be stacked for extreme precision. Otherwise you'll always end up with an uneven bottle of nutes.

Last edited:

DeadlyFoez

I biult my cab for my personal enjoyment. I wont be growing potm only tomatoes in here so that can only leave it for personal enjoyment. Solenoid valves are awesome to use.

How did you guess Welco pumps? :) Well, I'm getting 3 of them. I'm going to figure something out that I can control the poumps and their speed and stuff. I will most likely controll then through GT.

I'm wondering what other "Sample" things I can get. I already got some sample tygon lfl, I'm now thinking sample LED's.

Yeah, I did my calculations for my PH pumps to be one minute of running will adjust my PH 0.1 so I have plenty of time to do it slow and make sure it evenly gets put into the system. We can't have any ph shock occuring now.

DeadlyFoez

A sad day in my grow world. I had to take down my 400 watt digital ballast and bring to be used for better things ;), but I just got my tomato plants looking good and now I gotta take their light away. it sux. lot of hard work for nothing at this moment.

DeadlyFoez

yes.... better things that I have no part of what-so-ever......

But in all seriousness, I dont do anything illegal bc I got a family that I"m not willing to take chances for. But hell, if my friends have a project and want to borrow my stuff for their uses then I got no problem with it.

fatboyOGOF

hey DeadlyFoez. that is a great looking set up you have. i envy your talent. sorry you had to remove the light.

i will look into 2 600s. i went from a 800 watt (400 hps and 400 mh) unit to the 1000 watt. the 1000 watt produced a noticeable increase in the crops.

i've been thinking of 2 600s for years. now that i have someone who can hook them up properly, i might go into more debt for it. ain't credit great? :)

thanks for the input.

DeadlyFoez

Ok, I got my next set of Welco pumps today. Here's some pics for you guys to check out.

I'm going to be doing a lot of testing with these pumps and trying to rig up a really nice nutrient dosing system.

Last edited:

simba

Sleeping Dragon
kudos on the grow..
i love growin Vegies.. but rather grow the good stuff. but as you said its not worth going to jail..

Centrum

In search of Genetics
Veteran
Excellent Cab , I Probably could have done better :) ... For Serial !!
Hehe ..

Just Kidding, I would love to see what you could do with an entire room.

I will definately be watching you ! It's always good to find someone who freshens up the information outlets.