What's new

My Perpetual Ebb & Flow Cabinets

G

looking good man! you got alot on your hands there. always room for more tho! have you run the ssh yet? looks and sounds appealing! sure would be nice to have me some of that.
i'll be watching this one fo sho' !

imnotcrazy

There is ALWAYS meaning to my madness ®
Veteran
Euolgy: The Rhinos are a Nirvana offering, can't hold a candle to the Grimm's White Widow and White Russian moms I lost (reference the first post of this thread) or any of the other moms I had kept. Just had to start somewhere after having lost everything to Powdery Mildew in storage after tearing down. Nirvana beans and Sensi Jack Herer was all that was left in my fridge and the JH didn't make it... The Rhino is the best so far but with all the great strains and clone onlys now I'm sure it won't be for long.

Thorodee: Nah these are SSH seedlings, lost a catpiss pheno mom in the breakdown too tho so I got an idea of what I'm looking for. I'm betting the SSH mom of the Wonder Haze is a different pheno. Either way with WW as the dad, should cut some time off flowering...

-VT-: From the looks of the MTF that rooted, I should be seeing first hand how she'll do through flower very soon. By 50%, I assume you mean vegged to 12" stretch to 24", no? How tall of a clone would I want of each (TW/MTF) to have them finish @ 30" or so with 36" from top of pot to top of cabinet. I'm most worried about the stretch of the Hazes that I'll be running soon.

-VT-

Voluptuous Trichomes
Veteran
Your MTF and Wreck cuts

Your MTF and Wreck cuts

How tall of a clone would I want of each (TW/MTF) to have them finish @ 30" or so with 36" from top of pot to top of cabinet. I'm most worried about the stretch of the Hazes that I'll be running soon.
Blooming the plants with veg nutes, sidelighting, and cool temps...seem to mitigate stretch in my environment...maybe I'm delusional....

Glad you asked me that...I meant as in from 12" to 18"....stretching 50% of the original height....what's the best way to describe it? Always wondered about that...

I'd say veg the MTF to about 18" (which I have never done). This MTF was vegged for 2 days...around day 28 shot...frosty cut :yummy:
For 30" I'd veg the wreck to no less than 12"...I forgot how many watts you run...800? About 12" I'd say.....for the cut you have....she can be trained for fat nugs...you don't have to let her get branchy...tie her up....she throws nugs in the second week and they tighten up fast!

Last edited:

imnotcrazy

Veteran
V: they seem to stretch on the PBP Bloom diet pretty good being the mix is sooooo high in N, that is after I sorted the overfert problem. The cab is only 400W HPS for now, I'm trying to figure out if I can set up and run the 400MH I have on hand too, but that means I need another cooltube and have to reconfigure my exhausting etc...

imnotcrazy said:
I'm telling ya MGJ, try a little 18" x 11" x 7" sterlite like I have w/ 25W submersible heater. Get a airpump/stone combo that makes LOTS of bubbles ( I have one of the Hydroponics mini compressors and use 16" bubble wands) and place them right under the netcups and only splash the RW. I let the water touch @ 1/4" of the RW above the cup when I top off only cause I work long hours on short notice and it doesn't cause problems. Even starins I couldn't get better than 10% rooted are rooting 50% or better

INC-

Is this where you are using the 2" net cups? Do you just pull them out carefully for the transfer? What is your success rate using this method? I'm looking for a quicker method than what I've got that will fit into my existing closet. What about replacing the RW with Rapid Rooters?

-NC

imnotcrazy

Veteran
northcoastmeds: The cloner has 3" netcups (one netpot/onestrain) and I cut RW starter cubes into 4 pieces. Clones go into quartered RW cube and I roll the RW in my fingers. I get 6-7 cuttings/netpot. I quarter the RW to be able to see, more quickly, when roots are forming. Basically I use it only as a wick to keep the stem soft as I've found softening the stem by keeping it wet w/RW as opposed to submerged in water give me better rooting success by having air/water in better proportions. The 2" netpots are for vegging individual rooted clones. I fill the pot with grow rocks and have a small 18" x 10" E&F I made from nestable containers. With the 1/4 RW I see roots on the first or second day after they form and can address the clones health, so I get less failures AFTER rooting because I can apply several hundred PPM of veg ferts to get them back up to speed. As for the Rapid Rooters, I can't see why it wouldn't work.
And my success rate is 100% for all strains except Black Domina and the TW cuts that suffered shock from being mailed to me, but even they have root bumps now......

Mibri

Hi Guys. Just wanted to show this cloner i made. Instead of the rockwool i just used a couple of those sponges for dish washing and cut a hole to the middle for easily putting the cuttings. I have almost a 100% succes after 5 days or so. I guess they work just like the rockwool, but they probably don't get quite as wet. It fits 20 clones.

Esskie

My tuppenceworth regarding the bubble/aero-cloners,
I have to agree with imnotcrazy, having started off taking clones manually as in with a standard propagator & daily mistings etc, after I got my PT-20 my strike rates are almost always 100% :woohoo: .

Since I got it there's been one cutting I had die on me in there & I still reckon it was down to an embolism?.
the pump/sprayers come on for 30mins every 90mins round the clock with 24/0 light.

Either with RW cubes or just bare-stem, without RW starter cubes though there's the benefit of seeing exactly when those little white bumps first appear.
My preference has been bare-stem clones held in place with neoprene collars, there are net pots too but I have never used clay pebbles yet so must give that a go? :chin: .

Okay, I bought one for much more compared to what Mibri has made there but I can pretty much guarantee that his one will root clones just as fast & as healthy as my commercially bought one, without a doubt!.
I bet, as with the PT20, Mibri doesn't notice any/next to no wilt at any stage after taking his cuttings either?

The PT-20 has a MJ-1000 pump with 4 sprayers, see pic below:
...4 sprayers on 'H' piece from pump...

...Tanzanian Magic (bare-stem) 10days after cut, it had to stay in cloner due to lack of space...

...ideal for geminating seeds in too...

I know I definately won't be laying out dosh for another shop bought one as I'll be making one!, either sprayer, spinners or bubblers?, aslong as they're getting enough oxygen etc then alls well.

Rgeards & Merry X-Mas , Esskie.

imnotcrazy

Veteran
I don't think it's Oxygen as much as the combo of oxy/water. You don't want too much of wither. As for wilting, the only thing that wilts are leaves that start to go yellow. Other than that, cuts look healthy from cut to rooting (obviously the faster they root, the better they'll look in veg).

The Water temp is an IMPORTANT factor too, once Fall started to get colder, my rooting success wnet down seemingly exponentially as the weather got colder. That's why I added the 25W heater and use the seedling heat mat for seedling flat/second cloner (same as the one I'm using now, I just like to have each netpot site dedicted to a single strain to avoid stoner mixups.....) The 17W heatmat is just as effective as the 25W submersible, so if you have a heatmat save some money :D

Esskie

I don't think it's Oxygen as much as the combo of oxy/water.

That's exactly it man, never mentioned water as I presumed everyone would know there's water involved :wink:

Temp, Oxygen, Water & Moisture content/Humidity are the main aspects, it's getting them in the right combination that roots cuts, liquid root stimulators such as Greenfuse:Root & Rhizotonic can be used to good effect but certainly aren't essential imho.
I have been guilty of adding a little Greenfuse:Root, Rhizotonic or SuperThrive but plain pH'd water is good.

Have you ever rooted clones in 'Willow-Water'?, collect a bunch of end shoots & tips from a willow tree & soak em in water for ages. You can mush em up if you want but make sure you strain it!.
That came out of an old gardener's handbook type book & it's spot on!

Luckily the ambient temp in my cloner's rez is pretty good but the pump does warm it ever so slightly too whenever it's on which helps. Usually the water temp & that of the area the roots are in (underneath the white correx) is approx 23-24C while the temp where the foliage is (above the correx & under the humidity lid) is 21-22C.

I've seen plenty folks having great success without domes/lids etc but I've always used a lid with clones so... :confused:

Higher temps will cause fungus, lower temps will cause stasis, stalled or failed clones.
Keeping the blocks too wet will cause the cut to damp-off which will present itself by turning the base of the stem a dark, mushy pulp until it eventually keels over or it may produce a calask at the base of the stem on occasion, like a ball, which will take up water and ‘nutes, but they'll not put out any roots.
It's the blocks drying out that draws the roots down and out the bottom!

I always take clones from mother plants that are at least 6-8wks old
as, not always but I normally find plants cloned before they are two months old may develop unevenly and grow slowly :confused: .

Hey, at the end of the day we all have our own little ways of doing these things despite most of them being pretty much based on the same principals but if it works then don't mend it!.
It's good to experiment with different ways of rooting clones though & I enjoy seeing & hearing about other's methods.

Best Regards & Merry X-Mas, Esskie.

MTF-Sandman

OG Refugee
Veteran
Damn, I'm a little late to this show :pointlaug

Looking great imnotcrazy! You're bubbler sounds strikingly familiar to mine for some reason :chin: Glad to see they helped out with your success rates. They're not always the fastest, but they are very consistent once you get the temps right. Try a SOG with the MTF sometime and pack them 4-6 per sq/ft...I think you'll like em :wink:

VT where ya been bro? Thought you fell off the face of the planet or something...glad to see you're enjoying the cuts. Take care :wave:

-VT-

Voluptuous Trichomes
Veteran
MTF-Sandman said:
glad to see you're enjoying the cuts. Take care :wave:
And spreading the love...as instructed :smile: Good to see you Sandman! The MTF is a special plant....

Yo....INC..... et al ..... Happy Holidaze!!

:wave:

G

howdy boys! have a great holiday to all! things are looking on the up and up!

imnotcrazy

Veteran
MTF: High and thanks for dropping by. I run two trays with two diff nute levels cycling in 4 plants and taking 4 down @ the same time @4plants/sf. Much like my mentor Oscar Meyer from OG, who also gave me the design for the cloner Maybe that's where you've seen it before?

Oscar gave me the ideas that got me to where I am today and I will respect him forever for that. I initally ran NFT in cabs but this method is much more productive for a closet grower for med/personal use. 400W produces between 1-4 ounces a week (depending on what I'm running as I test new stuff all the time) if I don't fuck up with the nutes like I did w/ the switch from GH "Lucas" Formula to PBP. Thanks to the help of Wags and JLP I'm working on getting the nutes dialed in. Temporarily eliminated Sweet and LK from the mix just to get comfortable with my mixes of straight nutes minus additives. But for last few days they are looking great after Thursday's rez changes. Just had to add lil more Cal Mag yesterday but ppm levels didn't stray by more than 10ppm for 2 days so it should be pretty close in both rezs. Only added the Cal Mag cause they were startin to show Ca/Mg defs.

Should be getting some pics posted soon, maybe tonight after I take cuts to sex the first SSH seedling (lets hope for a girl)

Anyway, Happy Holidaze everyone :wave:

Last edited:

MTF-Sandman

OG Refugee
Veteran
lol...yup, it's was OM that showed me how to make it also. It's a little bit of a pain to make, but they are awesome for reliable rooting. Kudo's to ya OM wherever you are!

Happy Holidays folks :wave:

imnotcrazy

Veteran
Update Pics from 12/24

Update Pics from 12/24

Hey guys finally had the opportunity to get some fresh pics of the girls in flower

Whole Cabinet

White Widow @ 2 weeks

The first Black Domina female cut to see 12/12 @ 1.5 weeks

White Rhino @ 3-4 weeks

White Rhino @ 5 weeks

Heres the Blue Mystic that got hit the worst by over fert @ 7 weeks

Like Mr Green Jeans said looks like they'll still yield ok, Blue Mystic MACROS

They aren't the best cause I couldn't find the camera clip for the tripod but you get the idea

NYCD @ 7 weeks

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^Who says you need to flush if feeding properly :wink:

Sorry I didn't get these up sooner

Have a Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays everyone :wave:

NOKUY

Veteran
nice update crazy!

..looks like the white rhino is a real nice yielder! and that BM is gooey as hell...NICE!

hope your havin a great christmas bro!
-yukon

-VT-

Voluptuous Trichomes
Veteran
^^^agreed....nice update! >> @ feeding right.... :D

Does that NYCD smell like a spicy grapefruit? Any hint of grapefruit in that pheno???

Gonna be a good 2007 INC! Lookin' good!

imnotcrazy

Veteran
^^^^Actually got a good WHIFF last night while tending to them and taking pics. Seems to be a pretty fruity/Grapefruit w/hints of Diesel/earthy tones underneath. But DEFINITLY more fruity....

-VT-

Voluptuous Trichomes
Veteran
imnotcrazy said:
^^^^Actually got a good WHIFF last night while tending to them and taking pics. Seems to be a pretty fruity/Grapefruit w/hints of Diesel/earthy tones underneath. But DEFINITLY more fruity....
:woohoo: :woohoo: