What's new

My Perpetual Ebb & Flow Cabinets

Mibri

Damn,, nice updat, dude. Nice looking plants. I see u put the "flushing" plants in the tray to the left where the light is a bit weaker. Is that working out nicely? I was thinking of putting a couple of trays on the sides like that. Looking really forward to having enough plant material to fill out the lights like that. I'm just using little of my 600hps now. That Diesel with grapefruit taste sounds deliscious (somebody please spell this word for me, hehe;)) Looks like your plants are getting over the od nicely. Doesnt' look bad at all.

imnotcrazy

There is ALWAYS meaning to my madness ®
Veteran
MTF_sandman: Definite KUDOS to OM. Just wish he'd come back around really miss the guy he was a wealth of knowledge and always willing to help.

Yukon: Thanks for dropping by bro, your buds always look spectacular too man, really enjoy you MTF and TFB grows. You kept a more MTF pheno from the latest pics, no?

-VT-: Yeah bro the NYCD looks splendifirous, lol. Smell is really starting to come out in this one. I even changed rez and she still keeps changing to darker orange/yellow hues and purple on bud leafs and buds. Seems like if you don't over feed like before they just know when their time is up cause the plants in the tray drank @ 2-3gallons in 2 days and the rez went from @ 1300ppm/5.7ph to 1320/6.0 so they're "dialed it best as I can being the mix of strains/age on the table. I eliminated the Liquid Karma and Sweet from the rezs this time just to get a good feel of what I can/can't do with just the PBP/Cal-Mag. I'll add them back at a later time.

70's Pothead: Hey bro, good to see you stoped by. I took a good look at that TW grow of yours, real chunky for the Wreck man, nice job. I have one more NYCD pheno to try, the other is sexing now w/cuttings in 12/12. Cant wait to see this and the other Black Domina tho...

Mibri: Welcome man, I see you're getting things dialed in with the Widow and Herer. You making me sad that mine failed to germ. Good thing I have all this other good stuff to mess around with :D The flushing tray does get a lil less light, but not that much less to be honest. I think it shows different in pics because I set the White Balance on the camera so it shows the sides of the cab more shaded. I do wish they wasn't alum flanges on the cooltube tho. I may just fix my burnt 400W ballast and get another cooltube and make the cab 800W total all HPS or mixed spectrum just need to see if I have the power to run both 400s the 12o fluoros and the 800W 8000btu A/C in the summer. If not just have the extra tube for the cold months to see how it would work having @ 100wpsf. In fact that's exactly how 70's made that Wreck chunky as hell.

The vegging seedlings are being updated in the Reservior Seeds form, link in my sig...

Merry Christmas fellas

Mr GreenJeans

Sat Cat
Veteran
Hiya inc :wave:
Still time for a Merry Xmas, must say your place is looking fab this holiday season - betcha that diesel grapefruit smell has you drooling already! Very strong plants, gonna be a good haul soon enough!

NOKUY

Veteran
imnotcrazy said:
Yukon: Thanks for dropping by bro, your buds always look spectacular too man, really enjoy you MTF and TFB grows. You kept a more MTF pheno from the latest pics, no?

Thanks INC!

the latest pics in the TFB thread are actually of the MTF mom that was used to make the TFB's..she is full of TFB seed in the pics...I thought I had posted her earlier in the thread, but I didnt locate the pics ...so thats why they are in there where they are.

imnotcrazy

Veteran
Yeah have to get to that, for the time being:

My speculation is that during an attempt to addback to reserviours I'd added too much CalMag+ and in doing so locked out several Macro Nutes, most notibly P and K. Mixed 2 new rezs of PBP and LK with No CalMag on the suggestion of KingRalph and my own conclusions after discussing nute mixes with MrWags. Now rez #1 is mixed at 5mL/gallon PBP Bloom and 5mL/gallon Liquid Karma. Rez#2 is 10mL/gallon PBP Bloom and 8mL/gal LK. I added some Diamond Nectar to each rez as the plants are now starting to drink more again each day. Both rezs rose in PPM the next day but I believe that to be attributed to leftover nutes from previous feedings being in hydroton. The day after both rezs dropped 20-30 ppm before addition of DN to fix PH rise of to 6.3 and 6.5 respectively.Thinking about just chopping some plants and doin my first Bubble Hash run from the early girls. That way I can pot some healthy veged clones and do a practice hash run.....

Mibri

Hi M8. Happy New Years. Definately looking forward to u shooting a lot of nice pictures of making that bubble. I'll be doing some to in another couple of months, hehe.

clowntown

Veteran
imnotcrazy said:
The moms are getting alot bushier after the "haircut" 3 1/2 days ago
Are you just taking the pots and slicing off whatever root growth out of the bottom of the cup? Or are you taking the Hydroton out, giving the roots a haircut, and placing it back into the Hydroton?

Assuming you plan on keeping your keeper moms indefinitely, do you plan on replacing them with cloned mothers every once in a while?

Could you please share how you've planned your mother program, and how you've maintained them so far?

imnotcrazy

Veteran
Clowntown and Northcoastmeds: I chose this method of keeping moms because of easy maintanience (I work long hours unexpectedly, so I need a system to water/feed just in case I can't be there to do it, this has been the best way I've found FOR ME), you kinda have to get a "feel" for it but it has been sucessful for keeping those moms for almost a year already(with this setup, was easier before w/same Tray and bigger 15 gallon rez, almost double). I just trimmed them up for cuts and for neatness when I wasn't taking cuts from that particular mom. I kinda put a halt to everything right now due to the seedlings being started and nowhere to veg them. I cut down ALL clone mothers and replaced the ones I'm using with clones. I think it will benefit the system, as I couldn't see removing the rootmass from the Hydroton (what a P.I.T.A. that would be) and it freshens root growth. As long as I've used the BEST cuttings for replacing I have not had a problem.

The Halt I referred to is I'm planning to go back to the Lucas Formula on one tray. I want to see how the Perpetual I've done in the past works in direct competition with one tray on a diet of PBP/Liquid Karma and possibly a few other Botanicare products (Hydroplex most likely). I'm planning on setting up the rear E&F tray to run the Lucas, only because I see the PBP nute balance gets knocked out of whack too fast to grow all diff ages/strains of cuttings on one tray. At the same time I like the results of the PBP when I set the tray's nutes according to one particular strain. So I figure if I continue to grow w/ the present method, PBP is out and I'll stick w/GH. If running one tray start to finish w/PBP and Suppliments works out to be better overall quality/yeild than the old method w/GH, I'll get two 22" x 22" trays and do two runs start to finish ( one per tray) offset by @ a month each.

So, nothing new is really going to be goin on around here until I can bush out this MTF mother for the first full tray start to finish run in this cabinet. I'm placing my bet now that I will be buying those 22" x 22" trays within the first month of this grow as I have done single strains on E&F tables start to finish and know what I can do, still just a little weary of the PBP with my heavy nute hand :pimp3:

AND if I can pull it off with how shallow my flower cabinet is, I want to get another cooltube and fix my burnt 400MH ballast. I'm going to try to build a manifold for the cooltubes and 6" inline. Then get another 4-6" inline for the scrubber. The mixed spectrum in my past grows worked nicely :yes:

clowntown

Veteran
When you mention "best cuttings"... I've read some posts and threads (like "are clones like VCR tape?") about how potency / quality / etc. do not degrade as clones are cloned off of a clone and on and on, and theorhetically they should be identical genetically.

So any clone in almost any condition, as long as it's relatively healthy and alive (as long as you don't get a sick or diseased cutting / clone; sick or diseased after taking the cut, not to the original mother) should be able to replace the current mom when the current mom gets a bit too large to bonsai, right? Since the clones off of it should -- under optimal environments -- grow up to be identical to the clones off of the original mom?

Not sure if that was clear, so let me try again: As long as not sick / diseased, does the condition of the clone mother and the initial clone/cut taken from it really matter, as long as it's given a good environment to thrive in once it roots? Would there really any real difference?

What I'm trying to get at is: How important is it to select a good cut when replacing an overgrown mother (due to space limitations or whatever)? This is assuming you don't go the bonsai method. Will lesser-quality cuts develop into moms that are able to produce more or less the exact same clones as higher-quality cut moms?

Last edited:

Mr GreenJeans

Sat Cat
Veteran
Hiya inc :wave:
Real nice show goin on. I like the way you're planning ahead. And gonna watch the comparo between LF and PBP :yes:, should be supah...

imnotcrazy

Veteran
Clowntown: I feel the quality of the cuttings can speed or slow the process. Also, clones, that havn't hit the flouros in my case (with low ceiling) etc are best suited to go to flower/replace moms. Smaller clones tend to yellow badly while rooting and stunt when put to veg, so for replacing a mother, I cut somewhat larger cuts and use the cut that roots first (and I let it root alot for replacement of moms) for the replacement

MrGreenJeans: Yeah, I'm liking the results of the PBP after MrWags and KingRalph discussed a few things w/me in chat over the past few weeks. I can still keep the perpetual w/ having 2 Flood and Drain Trays, and I know I can do the cyclying in/out of cuttings/harvested plants when using "Lucas Formula" The problem is the PBP gives me some problems trying to do the same... I figure, if I cycle in 6 plants every 4.5 weeks or so, I'll have 6 plants flushing for 3-7 days and 6 mid flower plants and 6 new cuttings on the rear tray. The front tray will be run w/12 (or more, I can fit ~17 on these trays) using Botanicare lineup to see the quality/yeild difference.

If the PBP works out to be better running one strain/tray start to finish, I'll get the 2 new trays and run 16 rooted clones start to finish. Basically, I know how the LF works REALLY WELL, (IT'S DEFINATLY NOT A "STINKER" Sproutco :pointlaug) So I can see how one "Organic" nute and suppliments start to finish works versus the system w/Lucas. Problem is, running multi age/strain on one tray limits me to using only Lucas Formula, if I use bloom boosters etc, the younger flowering cuts stunt. Like I said, I'm bettin the cab makes another evolution soon :joint:

Mibri

Hey Crazy. You've gotta have some awsome pictures by now!? Let's see some of those babies of yours!

Have you come up with a final PBP schedule yet? I'm looking to switch from Supernatural Aqua to either PBP or AN. When I move to another location I may switch back to using GH as that has been both predictable and highly adaptable in the past.

Mibri

Hi Crazy. Long time no see. How's the grow going? You've gotta have something awsome by now. Hope you're having a good time anyhow. You seem like a nice and helpful person. All the best m8

imnotcrazy

Veteran
The grow is doin OK, just getting used to the PBP. I have to find a new place in April, so I'll be busy sorting the move and not going to be posting pics too often......

I have to find a new place soon to. As soon as I finish flowering I will focus on getting a couple of good mothers ready to move. Although I might just stop for awhile and start from seed at the new place since I can get clones of my current strain anytime.