What's new

My OrganicLove, Humanure Trial Grow

CannaExists

Paint Your DreamStrain
Veteran
You should grow Shit by Mr. Nice
Word, I would surely achieve an unparalleled shitstank that way.

Unless the lighting is seriously misleading, those plants look N-starved.

The light does give the illusion that the plants are lighter than they truely are.

I dunno hand whisking poo tea would be a bit too much for me. Can I ask, what is your motivation for doing this? There is just something weird about defecating in a bucket and keeping it around for long periods of time, that takes some serious commitment.
I originally sought to lessen my impact on the environment, and got motivation to carry through from The Humanure Handbook. Over time I've grown to love the fact that my nutrient rich diet can be shared with my plants, with many advantages over importing other animal manures. I know everything that goes into it because its produced right here in the crib. It actually encourages me to eat a better diet.

I think some people missed the part about it being composted. :laughing:
Word, its all composted into a clean, crumbly, freshsmelling product. And I'll add that it does so at an incredible rate, I was very impressed to discover totally clean, shit-less earth after a couple of months.

were you planning on doing any additional amendments? Like teas?

Yup I already hit them once, I'm actually going to start up a Banana Coconut Elixir right now. I saw an ad in Maximum Yield that inspired me.

coco_cat_1.jpg
banana.jpg

Thanks everybody for your support!

N

ngen

Yes! i'm sure the nug will be phenomenal. way to hold it down.

you using an aerobic or anaerobic (then converting to a aerobic environment) method to compost the feces?

most methods i have seen have been anaerobic so i thought once i get my compost toilet going after it decomposes entirely i should feed it some teas, then toss into a 'normal' pile of compost near its end to re-convert the nutrients.
peace, keep it up!

CannaExists

Paint Your DreamStrain
Veteran
Yes! i'm sure the nug will be phenomenal. way to hold it down.

you using an aerobic or anaerobic (then converting to a aerobic environment) method to compost the feces?

most methods i have seen have been anaerobic so i thought once i get my compost toilet going after it decomposes entirely i should feed it some teas, then toss into a 'normal' pile of compost near its end to re-convert the nutrients.
peace, keep it up!
Thanks for the love! I don't know the difference between aerobic and anaerobic composting, the particular pile that I'm making use of was a lone 3 by 3 foot pile (not enclosed or anything) that I stirred every few days.

Let's take a peek into the jungle.

picture.php

The plants are shooting up at a rapid rate. Their zest for life is unparalleled. The particular plant below is impressing me. First off, note the weird, bushy structure. It's just begging to be LST'd, so I obliged. As I was bending her over and applying the jute string, she was releasing a fucking CRAZY smell. If I was a little less adventurous I would call it "unpleasant". It was like a plastic, chemically, maybe a bit metallic smell. My stomach was slightly upset at the time and the smell was pushing my nausea buttons. Before I affirmed that the smell was coming from the plant I was looking around to see if something was on fire or somethin'. I'm super excited to see what kind of stank the buds put off.

picture.php

And this is my adorable Thaitanic clone. This marks the beginning of my clone stash. Big ups to Nutiva for the planter.

picture.php

An omnivore (homo sapiens are omnivores) who calls eating meat a "habit", and is now growing plants in his own poop.

Sometimes you can't blame people for stereotyping us...you really can't. I'd say good luck, but it just wouldn't be moral to encourage this.

Mr Jay

Veteran
Come on people, it's composted. I don't understand why everyone is complaining about a mostly vegan humanuer compost but will readily bare hand fish emulsion and slaughterhouse byproduct? Poop does not just go away because you push down on a little white handle. I'm impressed with this, + rep.

Last edited:
U

unthing

Interesting thread, resourcefull.

I'll take it one step further in the eww-factor: what about menstrual blood?

CannaExists

Paint Your DreamStrain
Veteran
I'll take it one step further in the eww-factor: what about menstrual blood?
Well I can't source that at the moment but I have an abundant wealth of jizz if I ever need that extra kick.

Thanks for the love everybody, another update is to come soon!

ol toby

menstrual blood is a lot more nutritious than slaughterhouse produced bloodmeal (it's the source of human life), and free for most females. If you can get a hold of placentas they make Amazing compost ammendments.

Aerobic composting is anything done in the presence of oxygen, your method was Aerobic. Anaerobic is conducted without oxygen (think sludge, like at the bottom of a swamp). Anaerobic bacteria produce methane, which should not be allowed to exhaust freely into the atmosphere, but can be collected and used in place of propane and natural gas for cooking/heating fuel. After it has been "digested" it is a rich fertilizer with a higher nutrient content than Aerobic humanure. Search for BioGas for more info.

peace and blessings

CannaExists

Paint Your DreamStrain
Veteran
Word, thanks for the info! Come to think of it, FPEs are of the anaerobic nature and would surely be a good pairing with my current regimen.

It's about time my girlys show their faces once again.

picture.php

This time they come bearing names. The way I see it, this invites a new kind of energy to their beings, and their destiny is shifted in a new direction.

Peeeeeaaaaace

CannaExists

Paint Your DreamStrain
Veteran
So your growing shwag next to good genetics?

Schwag is good genetics done wrong. I'm doing it right babay. I've had some lovely plants grown from schwag bagbean, actually some very inspirational, thought-provoking, I'll even confidently say, life-changing smoke. And from my experience this is the rule, not the exception.

Love.

gdtrfb

have you seen my lighter?
ICMag Donor
Veteran
3 things:

1) i think you're effing crazy.
2) this assessment has nothing to do w/ pooping in a pot and keeping it.
3) it's the good kind of crazy, so...kudos.

PS. Sandra has been talking shit about you - she said you gave her herpes.