What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

My new basement

dieselbyrd

Wisco i must ask you to impart some knowledge unto me. Do you do your own compost heap and do you have any tips for applying the poly and doing the lights traps when building a pvc grow tent?

wisco61

Wisco i must ask you to impart some knowledge unto me. Do you do your own compost heap and do you have any tips for applying the poly and doing the lights traps when building a pvc grow tent?

I do have my own compost heap, but I just moved here this last month so its only a beginning. Same thing with my worm bin. So I bought the amendments this round (all from HTG), but in a few months I shouldn't have to buy any more as my heaps/bins should be producing by then.

As far as applying the poly, I dunno? Lots of duct tape, seal the walls before putting in the zipper, and cut the poly to the height u need before trying to put it up. I didn't really do light traps, I just have about 6" of cardboard for the bottom of the walls, and I cut a few intakes in there. Its so dark down in the basement, and I put them on the walls facing the basement walls so there shouldn't be much light leakage. If there is I could cover the intakes with some kind of furnace filter type thing.

K

Krshna

Very nice! If I had the room that's almost exactly what I have planned in my brain. Are those fairlight c-99? If so I grew/am growing those out, they are quite nice for $35! Good luck, I'll be keepin an eye on this one!

Oh yeah, TPB, best show hands down, ever. haha anybody with your avatar is a friend of mine!

wisco61

Very nice! If I had the room that's almost exactly what I have planned in my brain. Are those fairlight c-99? If so I grew/am growing those out, they are quite nice for $35! Good luck, I'll be keepin an eye on this one!

Oh yeah, TPB, best show hands down, ever. haha anybody with your avatar is a friend of mine!

Heya Krishna, my first cat had that name. Mean old Siamese cat that lived to be 21.

Yup, those are the fairlight, or firelight, or whatever the $35 ones are! I've grown mosca's C99 Bx1 also, so I am interested to see the difference.

And yes TPB owns all other shows hard. I've seen them all so many times but I just keep watching them over and over. I just watched the Bible Pimp the other day.

"Do you know HOW to read my son?" asked the bible pimp.

"Well that depends, do you know how to go fuck yourself?" responded Bubbles.

wisco61

I figured out what I am going to do for the cement floors. I had some boards sitting around that I was going to use for a planter box, but I'll figure something else out with that. So I think I will just lay these boards on the ground and put a sheet of panda film over them and call it good.

I have them stacked up to raise the beer cups atm, but I layed them all out and I have more than enough to get the pots up off the ground.

picture.php

thing

I see you have wood. What is that thing in the middle thats all bright, above the pasta strainer? You forgot the eyes to your smiley face on your wood. Ha, you stoner.

Last edited:

wisco61

Well they are handy. Easy to put up and easy to take down if need be. And cheap! I think I used like 12 of the 10' pipes to make it. I used 3/4" pipe which are just under $2 a piece. The corner pieces I ordered some time ago and had extra, but they are from
http://flexpvc.com/cart/agora.cgi?product=PVC-3-ways-side-outlet-90
and cost about $1.50 each. You need 8 of those. The Ts are like .33 and 8 of those are needed. A 10' x 50' roll of black and white poly is a bit under $50, and that is more than you will need. Could probably get by with a 10x25, but its useful stuff to have around. Oh and $8 for the tarp zipper.

So a bit under $100 and it took me a couple hours.

A

Aerokush101

I believe you would have faster vertical growth if you veg the plants horizontally, then flower vertically. The goal in veg is for the plants to reach for the light, stretch and full out. Vertical flowering makes sure the plant is covered top to bottom in light coverage. Good Luck.

wisco61

I believe you would have faster vertical growth if you veg the plants horizontally, then flower vertically. The goal in veg is for the plants to reach for the light, stretch and full out. Vertical flowering makes sure the plant is covered top to bottom in light coverage. Good Luck.

Indeed, but I needed the flat T5 for the next round of seeds and this tent would have been sitting empty so I figured I would throw them in here.

I can't agree with your goal in veg though. If the plants stretch for the lights the nodes are going to be all spaced out which will greatly effect final yield. I would recommend horizontal vegging with the light as close as humanly possible to get the least stretch possible.

I don't expect to get 1 gpw Dudesome, especially not on this round. I have no mothers with the move, so this round, and the next one for that matter, are just selection rounds. I will flower these in the next 2 weeks, they would need at least another month of veg to hit 1000 g total, especially since some are likely males.

But, after I get some mothers sorted and get the clone/veg/flower rotation down, 1 gpw is the goal.

A

Aerokush101

Indeed, but I needed the flat T5 for the next round of seeds and this tent would have been sitting empty so I figured I would throw them in here.

I can't agree with your goal in veg though. If the plants stretch for the lights the nodes are going to be all spaced out which will greatly effect final yield. I would recommend horizontal vegging with the light as close as humanly possible to get the least stretch possible.

I don't expect to get 1 gpw Dudesome, especially not on this round. I have no mothers with the move, so this round, and the next one for that matter, are just selection rounds. I will flower these in the next 2 weeks, they would need at least another month of veg to hit 1000 g total, especially since some are likely males.

But, after I get some mothers sorted and get the clone/veg/flower rotation down, 1 gpw is the goal.

When I say stretch, it means with nodes. I usually veg with 600watt hps lights, in 2 - 4 gallon pots and flower in tomato cages. The goal of VERTICAL GROWING is lower number of plants that finish thoroughly from top to bottom, less work, and same results. Good Luck bro.

bobblehead

Veteran
When I say stretch, it means with nodes. I usually veg with 600watt hps lights, in 2 - 4 gallon pots and flower in tomato cages. The goal of VERTICAL GROWING is lower number of plants that finish thoroughly from top to bottom, less work, and same results. Good Luck bro.

The GOAL of vertical growing is to use 100% of the light... whether you're growing just a few or lots... I put 64 plants around 1800w. does that sound like just a few, keeping things simple? lol

numbers dictate yield...

Grow on wisco61. I'm digging your grow.

wisco61

Thanks for the support guys!

I'm getting tired of smoking the same weed so I decided to up pot the plants and flower them in like a week. I'll take clones when I trim the backside a week into flower, hopefully some males will show by then.

picture.php

These 6 are chem damg '91 x SFV Og Kush. I'll veg them while this current round is flowering, and flower them while I am deciding on and getting clones ready from a C99 mother. I think these will end up in 5 gal smart pots.

picture.php

I need to get some more soil mixed up but I am all out of rice hulls and can't find a good price on more. I am gonna look around for some pumice, but if I can't find it I will probably just use more of the DE.

wisco61

Don't know if you've seen Aero's doughnut but you've gots a pretty efficient setup in the making. Nice work.

I've read his thread and did get some inspiration from it, though its not my first time at the rodeo.

This is a 400w HPS I did back in my apartment closet a while back.

picture.php

I probably won't keep this setup for that long. I'd like to expand out to 8x8 and do 5x600w with 4 trees eventually. Actually 2 of those, but I need to get some mothers and money first.