What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

My new basement

M

manchild

I've been eyeing the vertical grows but just have not had the nerve to give it a shot.I'm now thinking in two weeks I will try it out.I need to paint my walls flat white or get some mylar.Might even get a CMH light.Thanks guys for the input!

wisco61

Happy 4th of July weekend everyone! :party:

I gave them their feeding that ought to last through flower. About half a tablespoon each of Espoma Garden Tone. They have a few slightly different ones, Garden Tone, Plant Tone, Tomato Tone, etc but they are all pretty much the same and good. Most importantly, they are cheap and widely available.

Also I started a batch of compost tea, should be ready in about 36 hours. Rigged up a ghetto air lift, but it seems to be working quite well atm.
picture.php

The plants are moving right along except for the one on the bottom of the pic. I botched the transplant job on that one, so I figured it would lag a bit. It almost seems over the trauma, so hopefully it will catch up some.

picture.php

wisco61

Hope everyone had a safe and enjoyable 4th. I escaped without too bad of a hangover, so that's a plus.

I've decided I am going to flip to 12/12 on July 15th, so 10 days and these babies will begin their journey. :jump:

picture.php

wisco61

How many total days veg will that be Wis

Hmm, lets see. Its kinda iffy because when do they go from a seedling to a vegging plant but.... the first post was the 23rd and they had their 2nd set of true leaves so we'll call that the start.. so 14 days so far and about 21 days total.

wisco61

I hooked my blumats up yesterday, and am in the process of dialing them in. For my res, I hung a 5 gallon bucket from the ceiling, and I have a very small water pump feeding that from another res 24/7. The hanging bucket has an overflow near the top to keep the water circulating.

I've had it going for a bit now and no leaks so far!

picture.php

I've just got a 5 gal bucket for the lower res now so if something bad happens it won't be horrendous, but after a few days I will move up to a 20 gallon rubbermaid or so.

I used some plastic forks to keep the dripper hoses off the soil, they ought to work good.

picture.php

wisco61

Blumats are pretty much dialed in and everybody is growing good. I've started turning on the 600 hps for a couple of hours a day to get them used to it.

picture.php

wisco61

My raised res has been leak and problem free for a few days so I replaced the lower bucket with a 18 gallon rubbermaid tote. I'll keep about 10 gallons in there so as to not press my luck.

picture.php

Some of the plants are starting to show preflowers. I can't tell 100% yet, but in the next few days I am pretty sure one of the Darkstars will be going, and at least one of the C99s. The biggest C99 actually looks like it may end up female, but I have been tricked by this strain before so I will withhold judgement.

picture.php

Heres one of the C99s I took a terrible picture of. Nothing too special, but they are some healthy looking buggers.
picture.php

P

pine boy

Great looking plants Wisco.I'd be letting them veg a for awhile longer.Maybe two good healthy weeks?
Its so worth it in the end.Dont 3' bushes sound good?

wisco61

Your girls are looking very happy. Which C99 are you growing?

The Firelight ones from Seedbay for $35. The price was right and I am interested to see how they will compare to the mosca bx1 I have grown in the past.

pine boy said:
Great looking plants Wisco.I'd be letting them veg a for awhile longer.Maybe two good healthy weeks?
Its so worth it in the end.Dont 3' bushes sound good?

Not really cause for all I know some of the seeds suck ass, and I don't wanna trim a 3' bush of schlar. I would much rather get the flowering under way and grow 5' trees of a proven pheno in a few months. Besides, they will grow for 1 1/2 to 2 weeks before they truly go into flower, which should have them about equal in height to the top of the 400. Then they will stretch for 2 weeks, and I will raise the 600 so its equal in height with the final stretched plants. If I don't have to raise it more than a couple inches above the 400 I will be pleased, and that's about where I am headed for with the larger of the plants ime.

wisco61

Day 1 of 12/12

picture.php

Just waiting for them to show sex so I can cull the boys and clone the girls. Most of them have a couple likely clones off the back, but the Burmese Kush isn't really branching at all. I supercropped it a bit and will hope it starts growing some side branches. Otherwise I will have to take the top as the clone and that will kill the yield of it.