What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

My Melkor fridge

Huggie bear

Thanks all!
Yes a lot of people discount Dutch passion seeds but I have to tell you they have done me well.
I have popped 3 of them and all have been female and all have been very nice smoke with great weight!
I can wait to reveg this purple pheno and see how she does in hydro!
the Carbon filter at this point is completely overwhelmed and I will be building a new one in the future.
I do love the 11-13 cycle and the plants have out grown my prior 12-12 easily in resin production.
I am hoping that the SKunkman plant starts to put on some weight.
My kalicharka are lovely plants and I am looking forward to a decent enough harvest to run some single strain grows to build up my stock pile for cooking and making multistrain hash with.

Huggie bear

I know its the pushing and not pulling that is ruining my carbon filters efficiency but I can not at this point spare the space for an in cab design.
I am really hoping to upgrade to a larger fridge with a 250 watt CMH and better carbon set up this spring.

ScrubNinja

Grow like nobody is watching
Veteran
Hey bro if it helps, I'm now blowing and everything is a-ok. Even with my crappy ducting, no smell can leak out unless my duct tape on the fan fails, which it won't. It's blowing into the filter, but sucking from the cab so all the ducting is negative pressure.

It's a 92mm delta fan. I suspect pulling was traditionally suggested because it's the most likely way you won't eff the pressures up. As far as the efficiency goes, I wouldn't worry about it as long as you have a prefilter. Glad you're happy with the 11/13! I'm gonna give it a go this run.

Huggie bear

Hey bro if it helps, I'm now blowing and everything is a-ok. Even with my crappy ducting, no smell can leak out unless my duct tape on the fan fails, which it won't. It's blowing into the filter, but sucking from the cab so all the ducting is negative pressure.

It's a 92mm delta fan. I suspect pulling was traditionally suggested because it's the most likely way you won't eff the pressures up. As far as the efficiency goes, I wouldn't worry about it as long as you have a prefilter. Glad you're happy with the 11/13! I'm gonna give it a go this run.
Mine is very similar I must have a leak or perhaps my carbon needs to be repacked tighter.
Once I finish up here with the skunkman plant I will tear it apart and seal it up better.
I will replace the carbon and replace the pre-filter with a carbon sheet as well just for the hell of it!
Half tempted to cut it down even further for in-cab placement.

ScrubNinja

Grow like nobody is watching
Veteran
Yeah I reckon your carbon is just knackered by the sound of it. I turned off all air fresheners and no incense after I started running carbon, they just wear them down unneccesarily. I think I mentioned that already, haha. But anyway, keep it up and best luck.

Huggie bear

Yea I am all but certain the carbon shifted durning mounting and has left a gap at the top of something. I am going to switch out the fan anyways because I do not need a 135 CFM fan on it. its overkill and a half as even turned all the way down my temp sits at 77.

Huggie bear

Man last time I screwed it up from the get go!
used cheap dryer venting pulling totally out of the cab in to the inline fan then to the scrubber creating a stink like mad!

Question: Does every strain have a chance of a purple Pheno because bother my strawberry cough and kalichakra have some of the most beautiful purple sugar leaves!
I am so hoping I pull off a successful reveg because the clones would be cool!

idontsmoke

My night temps drop to about 65F and some of the Satori stems are completly purple.
Now, some of the new leaves are having a purplish tint as well.
Also, purpling can be a sign of N or P deficiency.

Huggie bear

My night temps drop to about 65F and some of the Satori stems are completly purple.
Now, some of the new leaves are having a purplish tint as well.
Also, purpling can be a sign of N or P deficiency.

hmmm they are getting full strenght Cha-Ching and the PH is fine. I will double check the PH run off tonight after I take my "test" nugs.

:-(

There must be something to those CMH lights. Your plants were monsters while in veg. I'm growin sam's OHxS1 too. I'll be tuned into your grow to see how long it takes to finish.

SS

Huggie bear

There must be something to those CMH lights. Your plants were monsters while in veg. I'm growin sam's OHxS1 too. I'll be tuned into your grow to see how long it takes to finish.

SS

I chopped all the secondary shoots last night leaving only the main colas to go a few more days as a comparison.
I have a nice 40 percent to 60 percent amber/cloudy mix at 63 days for my strawberry and kalichakra.
I am letting the mains go a few days longer to see what they feel like when 80 to 100 percent amber.

Those OHxS1's are not thriving and I should have run them separately for sure.
they seem very fussy and as it stands now are super airy with little frost.
I am predicting at least 3 more weeks and hoping they start to produce soon.

On a side note I am now on a hunt for some glue your ass in the couch seeds to purchase for the new year.
Anyone has any suggestions let me know.
I am thinking maybe some sage or MK-ultra.
Really wanted to wait for Rezdogs OG Kush but we shall see.

Huggie bear

Oh I will post some pics once jarred but I know my yield as crap as I screwed up the veg and will most likely be running single strain scrogs soon.

Boleman

Yo Bear, I am glad to see that your Coleman Convertible did a great job growing some super sick looking nugs! Keep up the good work, and if you are looking for a new sump... just check out my new one. It WAS built for the same fridge you have and is working out fameously!