What's new

My intro and bona fides...

McKush

Éirinn go Brách
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Hi Pakalolo, the Blue Orca pic above looks great! very nice looking plant.

My my you are up early this morning too! Are you always an early riser?

PakaloloFromPNW

Veteran
Hi Pakalolo, the Blue Orca pic above looks great! very nice looking plant.

My my you are up early this morning too! Are you always an early riser?

I was up at 4:00 am this morning and it is a weekend. During the week I get up at 5:00 am so I can beat the traffic into work. I think my biological clock is messed up from traveling.

I like the looks of BO. Later today or this weekend I'll get a picture up of her sister, The One. These siblings have been cloned since 1984.

McKush

Éirinn go Brách
ICMag Donor
Veteran
yeah, traveling back from west to east always gets you. Going west isn't so bad on the body but, anymore, the 3 hours difference coming back east really hurts.

glad you had a good time in HI. pics were great, especially the banyans.

The half variegated GG flower pic is way cool too. I'm looking forward to seeing you produce a totally blond flower. is the color more on the white site or on the yellow side in that pic?

PakaloloFromPNW

Veteran
yeah, traveling back from west to east always gets you. Going west isn't so bad on the body but, anymore, the 3 hours difference coming back east really hurts.

glad you had a good time in HI. pics were great, especially the banyans.

The half variegated GG flower pic is way cool too. I'm looking forward to seeing you produce a totally blond flower. is the color more on the white site or on the yellow side in that pic?

The color is yellow and the picture captures it well but the lighting washes it out a little so I see why you think it might be blonde or white. It's so unusual I'll post it again. If you look close you can see some red on the fan leaves.

picture.php

PakaloloFromPNW

Veteran
I got lucky and was gifted a cutting of Blue Orca's sister. I now have her in a one gallon pot. I'm looking forward to growing this one out. Both of these came from a crossing of a 1971 Kandahar indica mother and a 1976 Thai stick father.

The One
gallery_726300_5163_132967.jpg

D

DoubleDDsNuggs

this is the third plant I've seen this week on icmag that looks like this. really interesting to see!

Last edited:

hicksticky

Still at large...
Hey Pakalolo, stopped by and I got to say (like many others) the time and care you put in really shows, B E A utiful garden.

I especially took interest in you variegated girls where I have some now as well (Khalisi) love to just look at them, and I can see how they might turn out. Cant wait!

Are you done with Train Wreck? I only ask because I too plan on trying some, and again yours looked awesome.

Good luck and vibes, Hick

PakaloloFromPNW

Veteran
Hey Pakalolo, stopped by and I got to say (like many others) the time and care you put in really shows, B E A utiful garden.

I especially took interest in you variegated girls where I have some now as well (Khalisi) love to just look at them, and I can see how they might turn out. Cant wait!

Are you done with Train Wreck? I only ask because I too plan on trying some, and again yours looked awesome.

Good luck and vibes, Hick

I'll have to stop over and check out your variegated. Are you showing them in the Khalisi thread?

I did like the Trainwreck I had but not as much as I do Goblin Queen, Goblin Girl, Halo, Blue Orca and The One. So she got tossed and I gave the clones away.

Thanks for the compliment about my garden. I do owe it to the soil mix. It makes it all so easy to have a B E A utiful garden.

hicksticky

Still at large...
yes there are a couple pics of them in the Khalisi thread, and I plan on getting some newer ones upload this evening.
Well the mix does make the difference but gotta pay some credit to the mixer, and thats why I like organics and plan to keep moving towards "pure" self sustaining organics.

I got a worm bin, compost piles of many types, I am looking into fermenting for ferts/teas and foiliars, which if I am not mistaken you are keen on. That is something I need to get on the ball about myself... cause I can see it can make a difference.

PakaloloFromPNW

Veteran
yes there are a couple pics of them in the Khalisi thread, and I plan on getting some newer ones upload this evening.
Well the mix does make the difference but gotta pay some credit to the mixer, and thats why I like organics and plan to keep moving towards "pure" self sustaining organics.

I got a worm bin, compost piles of many types, I am looking into fermenting for ferts/teas and foiliars, which if I am not mistaken you are keen on. That is something I need to get on the ball about myself... cause I can see it can make a difference.

Making your own worm bin and compost is the most important thing you can do when it comes to organic soil mixes. There is so much goodness if you do it correctly. Keep reading and learning more about that aspect of the growing. I'm a firm believer in letting you soil and the soil food web do all the work. Sure I mix it up but once I put the soil in the pot I leave the rest up to the micro-herd.

I experimented with FPE, SST and foliar sprays but have abandon most of them. My soil mix is working so well that I don't need to supplement it with those. I'm not saying you shouldn't use them. You should give them a try and see how you like them. I found that they didn't really make much difference to the final harvest. That's why I'm just a water only grower. When I first read about a few growers using only water I had my doubts. I can't argue about it after seeing the results I'm getting.

I did add one malted barley extract SST around day 10 of my flower cycle on the insistence of a grower I respect. I thought I would give it a try. Other than that I've grown this batch with water only since they reached the gallon pots.

When I first read about organic growing I thought I needed to do all of the things I read about. After my first run I decide to become more of a minimalist and see if the simplest technique I could use to grow my herb. So I moved away from all but my IPM.

I'm obsessive about my IPM. I hit my girls until around the 3rd week in flower with my NPA spray. I do this every 3 days. On the off days I hit them with Serenade and Spinosad once a week. This is the most complicated thing I do with my grow.

Anyway its been working for me.

Last edited:
D

DoubleDDsNuggs

That's interesting, I've been growing the herb for 30+ years and this is the first one I've seen that is variegated.

here's the thread with the grower who was asking if this is a deficiency and then SG1 answered with that it was variegated and not to worry. SG1 is running the same strain as you that has the same leaf pattern. the thread with his variegated plants is SG1 monster spin show but he talks about it in the minions thread as well for his past projects which is in his signature.

https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=292556

Last edited:

PakaloloFromPNW

Veteran
Group shot

Group shot

Today is day 50 into flower so I thought I would get a group shot. You can spot Halo in the back there without any trouble. In the future I'm going to grow her in one of my new spaces. She wants to stretch but the rest are short and squat. I can let the Goblins grow in veg stage longer. I'm not sure about Blue Orca. She may fall in between Halo and the Goblins. I'm thinking 10 days or a few more for the Goblins but Halo needs to go longer.

Ladies
gallery_726300_5163_353.jpg

PakaloloFromPNW

Veteran
Into week 8

Into week 8

I cant see it LOL

Maybe you need single shots to see that Halo, LOL.

These ladies (except Halo) are still drinking every 3 days and I'm seeing growth on all plants including Halo. I'll let the growth continue. Last run Goblin Queen went 9 weeks before I took her down. It looks like I'll have a nice harvest this time and that is good. I've got 2 more MMJ cards to provide for so I think it will get used up.

Halo
gallery_726300_5163_279887.jpg

Goblin Girl
gallery_726300_5163_18467.jpg

Another Goblin Girl
gallery_726300_5163_342487.jpg

Goblin Queen
gallery_726300_5163_1163.jpg

Blue Orca
gallery_726300_5163_117623.jpg

PakaloloFromPNW

Veteran
I've got 3 of my seedlings under a light in my new flower area. I won't get this finished for about a month. I'm having one of my nephews do the work but he is in college and will have to find time to get this done. Here is what it looks like.

gallery_726300_5141_25873.jpg

HatchBrew

Veteran
Those are some big seedlings!

And some beautiful bud shots. Always great to see the dual colored GG.

PakaloloFromPNW

Veteran
Those are some big seedlings!

And some beautiful bud shots. Always great to see the dual colored GG.

When I use the description seedlings I'm really talking about plants started from seeds.

Thanks for the compliment about my bud pictures. I like the dual colored GG a lot.

Mikell

Dipshit Know-Nothing
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I see some authentic hippy hair crowning one of those cola tops :D Seal of approval

Latest posts

Latest posts