What's new

My intro and bona fides...

McKush

Éirinn go Brách
ICMag Donor
Veteran
It just never ends. I'm going to be building out a 4x8' flower area soon. Nothing like what you built though.

I won't be doing it again anytime soon, just too old for it. still have dirt left to spread around from the dig and I've worked on the pile a few times already... my first run yielded about 2.3lbs and a bunch of trim that I haven't weighed. these were 60-65 day autos which some I let go into the 70s. so not bad for 2 months of growing, it should only get better too as i learn.

PakaloloFromPNW

Veteran
I've never grown autos before and that yield is incredible. I understand where you're coming from about your build out. I got sweaty and tired just from looking at the pictures.

McKush

Éirinn go Brách
ICMag Donor
Veteran
yeah, i've still yet to man up and finish moving the earth around. I've been enjoying the break from the garden and room building, letting the experience settle in some still. Only now starting to think next grow and what I would like to do with the room

You've been going at it all summer though I hope you have a good run thru to harvest. wish I could grow outdoors also, this summer midwest weather has been amazing. rain like on a clock schedule, just when you need it. amazing.

PakaloloFromPNW

Veteran
yeah, i've still yet to man up and finish moving the earth around. I've been enjoying the break from the garden and room building, letting the experience settle in some still. Only now starting to think next grow and what I would like to do with the room

You've been going at it all summer though I hope you have a good run thru to harvest. wish I could grow outdoors also, this summer midwest weather has been amazing. rain like on a clock schedule, just when you need it. amazing.

So far this summer has worked out great. I'm in the middle of the Pacific until Wednesday and I'm awaiting Thursday morning to see what is going on outdoors and in the cellar.

If the weather holds the outdoor breeding and even the ladies that are still virgins will be a bumper harvest. I got rid of those males so I plan on working with the F1s.

Last edited:
C

ct guy2

Did you try the Space Cheeze or BO/TO/CB outside? I know one person trying those and they're about 7ft tall but still have a ways to go to finish. The Space Cheeze is way behind and I'm not sure with this weather if it will finish. Just curious....haven't seen you in a while!

PakaloloFromPNW

Veteran
Did you try the Space Cheeze or BO/TO/CB outside? I know one person trying those and they're about 7ft tall but still have a ways to go to finish. The Space Cheeze is way behind and I'm not sure with this weather if it will finish. Just curious....haven't seen you in a while!

I've got a BO in my cellar and that is the first time running this. My TO is only just rooted so I am early in my experience with it.

I've got a few different things going on outside. I've got girls in the ground, girls in pots and a girl in a pot in the hoop house. Just to throw a bit of a twist I have some of the girls pollinated.

The ones I have in the ground are Cascadian Frost and she is getting good sun exposure. My Goblin Girl and Mildred are set a little farther back and have been missing that good sun exposure and they are a little smaller. Mildred also seems to not like being outside.

My variegated Goblin Girl is in the hoop house and I have great expectations for her. She is looking full and it looks like I'll get some yellow buds from her when she finishes.

The pollinated girls are Neon Purps, Mazar-I-Shariff x Guerrero, Goblin Queen and another Goblin Queen that I started from seed. The seedling Goblin Queen is showing some great bud formation.

I haven't ever grown Space Cheeze so I don't know anything about that strain.

I've been busy lately and am currently in the middle of the Pacific but I'm flying home tomorrow. So expect to see some photo dumps this weekend.

choom

Damn can't wait for the
polynesian pictographs..
hope you had an amazing
time over there one day
I wish to have the strain
Kauai Electric from that
little tropical farm island!
Also I forgot to mention
that Jurassic Park and
tons of other movies like
King Kong (also dubbing
Kauai the 'Movie Island')
were filmed there so the
tiny island gives you these
incredibly stupefying times
of dejavu as subtle as
going over the same bridge
in the first Jurassic Park
movie, which is just a bunk
county bridge that no one
takes care of anymore IRL.
The last time I saw they
added a bunch of steel &
shit to it though. Just really
subtle but strong moments
of devaju like that you don't
even realize until later it
was such a mindfuck because
you forget the details of a lot
of movies you watch, especially
movies you watched like 10
to 5 or more years ago and
don't remember but when
you're there you feel it like
physically but are confused
as to why you remember...
and it'll be like roadside before
a resort or public beach access
point too, like there was just
a fucking movie crew by the
side of some road during a
'jungle' scene lol. Can't wait to
go back to Kauai and Vieques
though Kauai more for the
people I know but Vieques
definitely has a more unique
ambiance and environment
but a little familiarity is good.
And less crack too, yeah :)

choom(0:

PakaloloFromPNW

Veteran
choom,

I did ask about Kauai Electric and he hadn't heard about it. He wasn't growing anything at the moment so no pakalolo pictures. I do have some pictures but not many.

Big beach
gallery_726300_5123_169620.jpg

La'anapali beach
gallery_726300_5123_69221.jpg

Oldest Banyan tree in Hawaii at Lahaina
gallery_726300_5123_76085.jpg

Resort view
gallery_726300_5123_112249.jpg

Waterfall on Kauai
gallery_726300_5123_32015.jpg

PakaloloFromPNW

Veteran
On top of Haleakala volcano
gallery_726300_5123_46959.jpg

Silversword plant on Haleakala
gallery_726300_5123_88643.jpg

These are the ones off my phone. I left my camera cord back in Washington so I don't have any pictures from it until I get home.

C

ct guy2

I've got a BO in my cellar and that is the first time running this. My TO is only just rooted so I am early in my experience with it.

I've got a few different things going on outside. I've got girls in the ground, girls in pots and a girl in a pot in the hoop house. Just to throw a bit of a twist I have some of the girls pollinated.

The ones I have in the ground are Cascadian Frost and she is getting good sun exposure. My Goblin Girl and Mildred are set a little farther back and have been missing that good sun exposure and they are a little smaller. Mildred also seems to not like being outside.

My variegated Goblin Girl is in the hoop house and I have great expectations for her. She is looking full and it looks like I'll get some yellow buds from her when she finishes.

The pollinated girls are Neon Purps, Mazar-I-Shariff x Guerrero, Goblin Queen and another Goblin Queen that I started from seed. The seedling Goblin Queen is showing some great bud formation.

I haven't ever grown Space Cheeze so I don't know anything about that strain.

I've been busy lately and am currently in the middle of the Pacific but I'm flying home tomorrow. So expect to see some photo dumps this weekend.

The space cheeze is from our mutual friend. He loves the final product but it's not a big producer. Pretty plant though, I really like the structure on it.

C

ct guy2

On top of Haleakala volcano
View Image

Silversword plant on Haleakala
View Image

These are the ones off my phone. I left my camera cord back in Washington so I don't have any pictures from it until I get home.

I was just there in January and have some similar photos! So cool! It was amazing up there and the drive is so beautiful. Did you see the organic farm on the way up? It's was about halfway up on the left....I talked to the owners, they were really nice folks!

Seaf0ur

Pagan Extremist
Veteran
Lovin that Banyan tree..... one of my favorites... one of em marks the new silk road LOL but thats another topic for a different day.

PakaloloFromPNW

Veteran
The space cheeze is from our mutual friend. He loves the final product but it's not a big producer. Pretty plant though, I really like the structure on it.

Ah, I haven't talked to our mutual friend since he switched careers. He was going to stop the day I was flying to Hawaii. I've been holding off on visiting you but I'll be stopping by in the near future. I have some projects that I want to work on and have put them off until this vacation was over.

I was just there in January and have some similar photos! So cool! It was amazing up there and the drive is so beautiful. Did you see the organic farm on the way up? It's was about halfway up on the left....I talked to the owners, they were really nice folks!

I did see the farm but we were heading to the top because my granddaughter is a huge volcano/lava fan. We did get to enjoy the beauty because I drove really slow so the kids won't get car sick. There were some fruit stands along the way too.

I flew to my old grow buddy's island on Sunday and came back on Monday. He has 10 acres and grows tropical fruit of many kinds. I sampled 5 varieties of mango that he grows. He also has avocado trees but he has the best tangerines I have ever tasted.

We went hiking in the mountains and he was showing me native plants, plants that the Polynesians brought with them and invasive species that have either escape from nurseries or brought in.

I'm sure you would have enjoyed hanging with him and if you come back I could arrange for you to met him.

PakaloloFromPNW

Veteran
Lovin that Banyan tree..... one of my favorites... one of em marks the new silk road LOL but thats another topic for a different day.

While that is a cool banyan tree my favorite one is on the big island in Hilo. This isn't a picture I took but you can see it. The one in Lahaina is about 140 years old but the one is Hilo is more like 90.

gallery_726300_5123_30939.jpg

PakaloloFromPNW

Veteran
Into week 7

Into week 7

I've been very busy this summer with multiple projects at home and in the vegetable garden. My cellar grow has been going along just fine so I've got a couple of pictures of my ladies. I'll get the Goblin ladies up later today or tomorrow.

Halo
gallery_726300_5163_134517.jpg

Halo bud
gallery_726300_5163_263086.jpg

Halo is a sativa dominant lady and she stretched quite a bit in flowering but now that stretch is being filled with those buds.

Blue Orca
gallery_726300_5163_292671.jpg

Blue Orca bud
gallery_726300_5163_258556.jpg

This is the first time BO has been in my cellar. I have high expectations for this lady. She is a cross between Kandahar mother from '71 and a Thai stick father '76. She has been cloned ever since. She is looking very frosty to me.

C

ct guy2

You're going to like BO, it's a winner. Coot did a great job originally breeding them 30 some odd years ago. :)

PakaloloFromPNW

Veteran
Into week 7 - Goblin Girls

Into week 7 - Goblin Girls

Goblin Girl
gallery_726300_5163_109431.jpg

Goblin Girl bud
gallery_726300_5163_110398.jpg

Another Goblin Girl
gallery_726300_5163_214636.jpg

Another Goblin Girl bud
gallery_726300_5163_183974.jpg

You can see a lot of yellow in the above picture but I've always wanted an all yellow flower. I will have to settle for 1/2 yellow flower. This is a bud on my Goblin Girl.

gallery_726300_5163_390524.jpg

Last edited:

PakaloloFromPNW

Veteran
Into week 7 - more Goblins

Into week 7 - more Goblins

Goblin Girl sister
gallery_726300_5163_287818.jpg

Goblin Girl sister bud
gallery_726300_5163_132578.jpg

Goblin Queen
gallery_726300_5163_83345.jpg

Goblin Queen bud
gallery_726300_5163_46933.jpg

PakaloloFromPNW

Veteran
You're going to like BO, it's a winner. Coot did a great job originally breeding them 30 some odd years ago. :)

I'm liking the structure of Blue Orca and the hint of blue in the leaf coloring. She is frosty and I like that too. I'm looking forward to smoking her.