What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

My Grow setup

ozzieAI

Veteran
wow...just realised what light and how many watts you are using in that tiny space....

please tell you didn't pay that price listed on that light...

you did right tying that bitch down hard...now flower....

J

jaded1

Looking good in there Frosty.I wouldn't wait too long before flipping that plant as that strain has some plants than will triple in height during stretch.

Frosty Nuggets

ICMag Donor
Thanks for the replies.
I can't raise the light any higher as the exhaust fan and carbon filter are in the way.
Nice light ozzieAI but I am stuck with what I have.
I just want the scrog net filled out a bit more before I flip to flower.

ozzieAI

Veteran
i see the top of your tent and how you have everything rigged up...you should be able move the fan and filter outside tent, so rather than sucking through filter you blow through it....this will give you some much needed headroom...

is this your first grow?

be aware that the plant will stretch a fair bit and from memory BB is sativa dominant....

wishing you good vibes...

Frosty Nuggets

ICMag Donor
Thanks ozzieAI, the way I have everything rigged up right now makes it too difficult to move the fan and filter.
This is my first grow in a tent, I once grew a plant in an old cardboard fiber drum with 5x 20W CFL and grew a plant 150mm tall x 150mm wide that formed one solid bud, got 2oz.

ozzieAI

Veteran
I once grew a plant in an old cardboard fiber drum with 5x 20W CFL and grew a plant 150mm tall x 150mm wide that formed one solid bud, got 2oz.

LOL....i got a mate growing in an old washing machine cardboard box atm...if it works, it works....

the main issue is the amount of wattage v space...

currently you have about 100 watts/square foot: as a reference a neighbour uses 2 x 260 watt leds in a 120 x 120 x 200 cm (4x4x8) tent @ 32.5 watts/square foot and gets a consistent 1.8g/watt or a tad under 2 pounds/harvest...so you could triple your grow space...or if you go by the led manufacturer then 4 times bigger...

what i am interested to see with your grow is how close the plant will allow itself to stretch towards the light...and suspect, like you first grow, you'll have squat solid buds that will fill your screen...

Frosty Nuggets

ICMag Donor
Thanks ozzieAI, if I get 1 gram per watt I will be very happy.

I just set the timer for 12/12 so tomorrow will be the start of flower.

Frosty Nuggets

ICMag Donor
Thanks [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]BuzzBob56.[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Weekly update pic;[/FONT]
picture.php

She's big, if she gets too big I will have to cut her back.

BuzzBob56

She's big, if she gets too big I will have to cut her back.

:hotbounce Wowsers!! She's filled out!!

Looks like you might be able to SCROG out a couple branches, and maybe pull in that back one towards/down into the middle area? Perhaps get viscous, and snap her stem back there? I've never done SuperCropping { intentionally }, but maybe...

Frosty Nuggets

ICMag Donor
Weekly update pic;

picture.php

She's grown a fair bit in the last week, the stretch is on, she is already showing pistils too, at this rate I will have to cut her back soon, I cut out some lower branches as best I could, it's difficult for me to get down there due to injuries and impossible for me to get to the back.

Frosty Nuggets

ICMag Donor
Thanks.

I am going to try some gibberellic acid to reduce stretch, I once overdosed a plant on it and it grew to 15cm tall with no internode spacing, one big solid bud.

ozzieAI

Veteran
i was wondering how you were going to manage the stretch...i was inclined to think that the actual light intensity would slow the growth upwards...

you could end up with a 60 x 60 cm square bud at harvest...that would be cool to see...

gatts

Frosty, have you thought about a decent defoliation again to get better air circulation and perhaps improve your predicament?

I'm not a fan of GA and prefer hard pruning.

Frosty Nuggets

ICMag Donor
i was wondering how you were going to manage the stretch...i was inclined to think that the actual light intensity would slow the growth upwards...

you could end up with a 60 x 60 cm square bud at harvest...that would be cool to see...
That would be cool to see.

Frosty, have you thought about a decent defoliation again to get better air circulation and perhaps improve your predicament?

I'm not a fan of GA and prefer hard pruning.
I've tried to remove what is below the scrog net but it is impossible for me due to injuries from a car accident.

I sprayed with gibberellic acid again last night, I will see when the light comes on tonight whether I need to prune for height.

gatts

I've tried to remove what is below the scrog net but it is impossible for me due to injuries from a car accident.

I sprayed with gibberellic acid again last night, I will see when the light comes on tonight whether I need to prune for height.

Sorry to hear that Brother.

Will be interesting to see your pics of the changes going forward.

How they smelling?

Latest posts

Latest posts