What's new

"My Green Heaven"

D Rock

HERBAL RELEAF PLANT A SEED START A WE
Veteran
Took a couple pics today after I transplanted all the Sadhu seedlings into there new home for now. I have 9 Sadhu seedlings in 3 gallon bags and one thats still in a red cup sitting on top of the soil in one of the bags. I was gonna toss the little bugger but I said lets see what happens when I throw it under the bigger T5 thats on a 18/6 light schedule and this morning I saw new growth so it might have a slow start but might grow into some great bud one day.
My soil mix is the same as always but a different quanities. I use FFOF, Pro-Mix BX, FoxFarms Chuncky Perlite. I only had a half bag of Ocean forrest left and a whole bail of Pro-mix and lots of Perlite so I said "this is gonna be a soiless grow, well almost" Just a little bit of Ocean forrest so the nutes are going to be up to me this time which means greater room for error. Hope all goes well. On to the pics. :joint:

Sadhu in front.
xxx in rear(These seeds were given to me in a container and I was told, hey there is White widow, white rhino, and Mango seeds in there. There were 9 beans I got 4 left so I put XXX on the Id stake, cause I have no idea What I have growing here. My Northern Lights clone is up front and all the way to the left.

:joint: :joint: :joint:

Thats all for now guys and gals. See ya around.

Last edited:

ZeusOGrefugee

Registered Medical Patient
Veteran
:wave:...:woohoo:...Hey DRock...been a while since Ive been in here, so I thought Id stop by...everything looks great in here...no flowering girls?? I may have missed them!!!... :bashhead: the babies all look healthy & green, as always...keep it up brother, Ill be lurkin...Peace

- Z :joint:

D Rock

Veteran
Appreciate you stopping by Zeus, I had some NL that were in the flowering tent but they got some spider mites and I tried to get rid of them. well I had to get rid of the plants themselves. Looks like I used too much neem oil they were struggling and I didnt want to spread the mites to my new seedlings that were about to come from under my propigation dome. Anywho, Im kind of pissed that im now about 2 months away from a harvest and smokable herb. Im almost out and it sucks. I need a tolerance break anyway.

SirSmokalot

My Zips Be So Fluffy The Whole Town Love Me
Veteran
tolerance breaks are always nice, as long as they are planned anyway. your babes area looks nice with new light

Dr Dog

Sharks have a week dedicated to me
Veteran
Nice little garden you got there D
I have that issue all the time with, non labelling of plants. I keep thinking I will remember what is what, but that never happens.

Looking forward to watching them all grow up brother

ZeusOGrefugee

Veteran
Hey DRock...just an FYI, I made new holes for my air intake tubes on my cloner, and its much better now, no hoses to get in the way of the clones!!! By the way, if u cant find those neoprene inserts where u are, check out Hydrofarm.com, they carry them for .50 a piece...or a sheet of 26 for like 10 bucks!!! pEace brother, and I wanna see that cloner soon!!LOL

- Z

D Rock

Veteran
Sir I havent had a tolerance break in over a year. Probably closer to a year and half. I'd say I need one bad. thanks.

DD Thanks bro, I never knew what these beans were from the start. Just 9 of em in a little pill bottle. So It's like Im playin a growing game and have to identify these plants to a list of a couple strains. Check back later bro I think I might do a sog style with these Sadhu if I have plenty of Fem's.

Zeus cool deal on your cloner, I went to the store last night and had everything in hand except for the inserts and a container. Well my wife says, "Why dont you just use my Aerogarden?" So I put everything back. I will use her's for now but there is this part of me that still wants to build one. We shall see. Money is kind of tight right now and really cant afford the extra couple dollars right now, even if it is $30.00 or less to build. That just gives me extra time to design mine. Hehe

See you guys around. Not a whole lot going on right now, so when things start to happen I will post more pics. Later.

D Rock

Veteran
Ok here we are on 08~09~08 and I have more growth in my plants so I thought I would snap a couple of shots of the little guys and girls. Hopefully more of the later. :joint:

I have not moved the light since the last pics were taken so you can see how they have grown.

:joint:

This is my Nrthern Lights clone and it is finally starting to pick up the pace a little. I guess it has had a hard life being cut in flower mode and having to convert back to Veg.

Random shot

Ok I mentioned early on this grow that I only had A half bag Of Fox Farms Ocean Forrest soil to mix with my regular Pro-Mix BX and FF Chunky Perlite. I normally have 3 bags of FFOF so I have virtually 2-3 cups in each 3gallon bag. This growing medium holds water alot longer than my previous mixture. Im going to have to adjust my amount of water and water more often than I was doing before thats all. Ok thats the first curveball of many more to come Im sure. Lets hope not. none of the strains in the back have shown there sex yet and if they do not do it in the next 5 days then Im going to put them in the flowering tent under the 400 watt HPS with UVB Fluros.

Finishing the last bit of my Grapefruit now Before I head off to work. This is some of the best smoke I have evr had. Taste so good smells fruity sweet, friend of mine compaired it to the smell of skittles. The high is one of the best I have ever had. Helped me with chronic pain, and to relax and settle my nerves. Gonna miss her, I wish I had a chance to grow her under the 400 watt. Well Im off the the J.O.B.

:joint:

D Rock

Veteran
:joint: Hey guys well I have made some changes in my growing tents. Still havent mounted my Fluro UVB bulbs yet and got to figure out how Im going to do it.
Sadhu is in the veg tent by itself and are starting to pick up speed in the growth dept. They are a little nute burned do to sloppy pouring and letting some of the leaves rest in the freshly watered soil. None the less here they are.

Turned the 400 watt HPS on and am able to maintain my temps about 72-75deg while tent is open and gets to about 77-80deg with tent closed. I have a A/C unit directly in front of the flowering tent if it gets to toasty in there. I plan to start counting days of Flower at first signs of flowers.

Sorry about the orange glow. Peace everybody :joint:

SirSmokalot

My Zips Be So Fluffy The Whole Town Love Me
Veteran
everything islookin really great D. your shit is coming along. i love the evolution in your equipment/ setup/ skillz. it shows what a motivated mind will do to satisfy itself. good job. rep if i can lol

N

NZjay

hey D, wow things looking good here mate..
showing off some nice grow skills bro... keep them upgrades rocking :D eeheh...

stay stafe bud..

D Rock

Veteran
Sir Thanks a million. Its always appreciated when a great grower gives you props. Thanks for your constant support.

NZjay Thanks bro I think my next upgrade will be a scrubber and can fan to combat odor.
Guys Im all rep'd out. will give when I can. Catch you on the flip side. Peace.

Sammet

Med grower
ICMag Donor
Veteran
You going all the way this time DRock? :D Time to get that hps flowering

Last edited:

D Rock

Veteran
Oh yeah. I think I have at least one male in the group of 4 that are in the flowering tent now. So The HPS is already on a 12/12 schedule and Those plants have been in there 2 days and today will be there third day in a 12/12 schedule. Thanks for stopping by Sammet. see you around bro.

ZeusOGrefugee

Veteran
what up Drock...lookin nice in here brother...shit bro, an aero cloner is sweet, Id take that anyday!!!! Ive already got more tubs to build more bubblers...I love this thing...clones have been in for like 4 days, and Im already seein white nubs!!!! This thing rocks!!!Peace bro

- Z

D Rock

Veteran
ZeusOGrefugee said:
what up Drock...lookin nice in here brother...shit bro, an aero cloner is sweet, Id take that anyday!!!! Ive already got more tubs to build more bubblers...I love this thing...clones have been in for like 4 days, and Im already seein white nubs!!!! This thing rocks!!!Peace bro

- Z

Thanks for checkin in Zeus, I Plan to take some clones from the Sadhu once I pick out a mom or two. So have you actually used a Aero cloner before to take clones? or are you refering to your homemade cloner. See ya around.

D Rock

Veteran
Hey my fellow stoners and growers. I have been on the boards for right around a year now and Have learned a whole heck of alot. I have a couple grows under my belt now and thought I could tackle a strain like Sadhu. Im not giving up but have become very frustrated in trying to keep my Plants Healthy and growing at a rapid rate.
I have never asked for help like this but am desperate. Someone please help me before this gets worse. I have looked in my grow bible by jorge cervantes and several other resources and cant figure out why my plants are pitiful looking.

Sadhu has now been in veg stage 18/6 for about 10 days now. I feel as if they are growing super super slow.

-Current grow conditions-​

~Temps 75-84deg in veg tent

~soil mix is mostly Pro-mixBX, FF Chunky Perlite, a small amount of FFOF potting soil.

~have given one feeding then two regular waterings after feeding with the recomended dose of Technaflora BC nute line. I have always followed there reciepe for success and have never really had a problem until now.

~ Ph is 6.5-6.8 "Cannabis grows best in soil with a Ph of 6.5-7.0 Within this range marijuana can properly absorb & process available nutes most efficiently" Jorge Cervantes

I thought that my burnt leaf tips were from sloppy pouring of water and the leaf tips actually hanging into the wet soil mixture, This must not be the case because The top part that is the newst growthhasnt had a chance to touch the soil, Maybe Sadhu is just a little sensitive to my line of nutes.

I do know that this mixture holds water longer and takes longer inbetween waterings. I only water each plant with about 2-3 cups of water with waterings being 3-4 days apart.
I have included some pics of my babies so maybe you guys could help a fellow grower out and spot something I might be missing. Thanks guys. I had to end this post early cause Im late for work but I will check back later to see if there are any suggestions.

Last edited:

D Rock

Veteran
Here is a little info on the strain Sadhu from Mandala seeds. This is actually the whole description on Sadhu from Ed Rosenthal's Big book of Buds 3.

Sadhu is an homage to the legendary ganja from India's high altitude valleys, and to the wandering ascetics, or sadhus, who keep the traditions of cannabis cultivation and ritual and recreational use alive. Sadhu's parentage is a combination of a specially adapted landrace male from the Himalayan heights, and one of Mandala's short flowering indica-sativa hybrids. This strain is a terrific choice for beginners, or anyone who desires a high yielding and potent indica that requires only basic plant care to thrive.

Mandala's latest seed stock has improved the uniformity of the flowering time and height among individual plants without losing any of their hybrid vigor. Sadhu is Mandala's shortest indica, finishing at 2-1/2 to 3-1/2 feet, a robust and compact stature ideal for restricted spaces such as grow boxes, or incognito balcony grows, or for raising bushy, medium-tall plants outdoors. Sadhu thrives in all grow systems, including organic systems that use quality potting soil. Her controlled size make her a good sea of green strain. For indoor cultivation in soil, Mandala recommends forcing Sadhu into flowering when the plants reach about 2 feet.

Outdoor cultivation works best up to 45 degrees North latitude or in climates with a dry autumn. This hardy, weather-resistant variety will usually finish by mid-September in Southern latitudes. In extreme Northern climates, expect to wait 2 weeks longer. if clones are planted late, around summer solstice, their flowering time can be shortened by up to two weeks. Excellent results can also be achieved in the greenhouse.

Trichome production is very gnerous on Sadhu's leaves and buds. These plants develop a fresh sweet candy aroma, with some leaning toward a bubblegum scent (although there is no relation to the strain of that name). As they dry, these beautifully rounded buds take on a sweet-fruity honeydew melon scent and flabor with just a bit of spice in the exhale. Sadhu's resiny leaves and buds produce generous amounts of wonderfully fragrant hash of fine quality that is reminiscent of India's traditional hand-rolled charas.

The word sadhu originates from Hinduism and describes an ascetic holy man (the women ascetics are called sadhvi). These are the stereotypical wise mountain hermits, living in caves, seeking wisdom, and through their spiritual practices, burning off karma. Mandala's Sadhu strain offers a meditative indica high--relaxed and oceanic, but clear-headed. This potent effect builds up gradually, coarsing through the body in a warm current; it can be overwhelming if smoked continuously before the full effect creeps up on you. Sadhu's peaceful stone can sooth stress-related disorders such as hyperactivity and insomnia. Some medical growers also report that it has antidepressant properties and the strain has benefited cancer patients.

Hopefully my Sadhu will look half as good as this...
Sadhu-200.jpg

A couple of shots of sadhu men and sadhvi women.
sadhu6pu5.jpg

06ez6.jpg

31991385sadhviub6.jpg

sadhu5qh8.jpg

sadhu1jq2.jpg

I was bored and thought it was interesting information that could be useful. :joint:

Last edited:

Latest posts

Latest posts