What's new

My first ICMag grow and it's a BIG one!

4everGrn

I was recently offered the oppurtunity to take over this grow for a collective. The room has one run through it and they averaged around .37gpw. Along the way they had heat, humidity and some mold issues. Towards the end they added a second a/c that took care of the heat, so hopefully this run will go much smoother. The room is 14x30 and has a 5 ton a/c unit along with a 3 ton mini split. The first run they used 19,000w hps in Cool Sun XL hoods, Galaxy Ballast, dehumidifier, lots of wall fans, 8 10" Vortex, 2 Co2 generators, and about 60/40 dirt/hydro. They vented the lights into the return of the 5 ton unit which didn't work so they added the mini split. I plan on cutting back the lights to 16kw, everything will be ebb & flow(probably rockwool this first run), and I'll be drawing air for the lights from another room and venting outside. I killed off all there mothers and replaced them with my own stuff. Right now I have 14 strains to work with and hopefully will soon have a few more. Eventually I'd like to do a SOG with 120 or so plants per table, but until I make more moms it's going to be 32 per table with around 20 or so days of veg. I'm going to fill up half the room in the next 20 days and the other half soon after. One table will be MVTF, another will be east coast sour d, and the last will be half larry's og and half 91' chem. I'm pretty sure on my layout of the room which is shown in the diagram below. Basically 3 tables on one side and 3 on the other, each set will have 8 lights over them. They will all be on wheels so they can be moved around for maintenance. The one thing I'm still iffy on is how to cool all these lights. I'm pretty sure I'll be doing some type of manifold system. I'd like to use the fans I already have as they didn't pull what they were expecting from the first crop so getting new equipment is tough. I'd like to hear some opinions on whether running 2 14" manifolds(shown in blue on the diagram w/8" duct running across) with 2 10" Vortex pulling and 2 more pushing would get the job done. If not any ideas??? Also if it will work would I need to run dampers on each cross line to even out the flow or since I'm pulling and pushing would that not be necassary? Well here's some pictures to get this show going. They show the way the room was before, the way it is now(empty), some of the equipment, and the layout diagram. I'll try and get this updated with new pictures at least once a week but proably more often. Thanks ahead of time for any advice, the next couple months will be crazy for me.

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

toohighmf

Veteran
That's a beautiful room to start with, good equipment, great strains. I can't get OG to finish less than 3'. I say seal it up, aircool as straight a line as possible, and use big inlines to push or pull. Maybe both. A 3.5 ton AC is A LOT of cooling for aircooled 600's. (9600w) I ran 10k with 3 440cfm fans and an 8-10k btu AC kept my room a constant 78-82f during 100f outdoor temps. I used tubes and made my own rigid duct and I could hold the tubes w a 1k in it. When running this much light, I don't think the reflector really matters as long as you can get the light closer to the canopy. That's why I used tubes. No turbulence, and great airflow! Good luck with this one!
I'm def. Subscribing to this thread.

OgreSeeker

Time to hang your -UNDER NEW MANAGEMENT- sign at the door!
Can't wait to see what you can do w/ 16KW!!! Beautiful stuff man...I'm pulling up a seat and anticipating the show.

EDIT:
Is it me or are those wall lights green? Do you use those for entering the room during dark periods?

MrDanky

:joint::joint::joint::joint:

Im in. looks great thus far. i like the green lights - very smart.

I dont think you should worry too much about cooling your lights effectively. The AC should work everything out.

HellaFella420

Veteran
Wow, do you know what your doing? that is a big bite to take!

More importantly, why would someone "hand this over to you"?

They either failed miserably and want someone else to take a crack @ it or, well I dunno?!

If I had that room, I would retire

either way, i gotta see wtf is gonna happen!

HellaFella420

Veteran
Look like someone went to the Hydro store with a AX "Black" card and a 24' U-haul

Dreadlock's & Trustfund's I LOVE IT!

ya man, congrats on aquiring such a nice set up.

that's gunna be a helluva lot of work, but in the end, it will pay off.

enjoy, i'll be here watchin!

-sg

One thing your def going to have to do is set up alot of extra 55 gallon drum water reservoirs and get a good RO machine! Your going to go through ALOT of water with all those trays and that wattage! Looks fun!!

toohighmf

Veteran
16x600= 9600kw. I think that this could be very easy to achieve benchmark yeilds as effeciently as possible. Props!

Pops

Resident pissy old man
Veteran
I am having real trouble trying to figure out your grow. You say that you have a 14 x 30 room and are going to have 16 tables with a 1000w light over each. A Botanicare 4 x 4 table is actually 53" square. There is no way that you can get 16 4 x 4 tables in a 14 x 30 room. You would have no room to work. You show 6 tables across with a space between each. Six tables would be 26.5" alone and only give you 42" of space between all the tables. In addition, you show 4 x 8 tables in the picture. The Botanicare 4 x 8 tables are about 53" x 101". That is 37.17sf per table x 16 or 594.77sf. you only have 420sf to work with. What am I missing here? A 4 x 4 table is 19.50sf. Sixteen of those would be 312sf., leaving you only 108sf between tables. Totally impossible to do in one room with the figures you are giving us.

Latest posts

Latest posts