What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

My First Hydro Grow STG

Monsterous ladies!

Monsterous ladies!

Here are some pics of the 3 Herijuana's I took down. Still have a few HUGE ladies to take down and pretty certain of at least a lb per light already (3lbs). I will take the rest down later tonight. Needed a short break LOL. Heres the pics I have so far.

Total Dry Weight

Total Dry Weight

The total dry weight was 3.14 LBs! A total average of a little over 4 oz per plant. The Herijuana was the winner with 5 plants averaging 5.5 oz per plant.(1.71 LBs) 2nd was the Bubblefunk with 2 plants averaging 5 oz per plant (.65 LBs) and then the Purple Kush which was AMAZING but averaged only 2.5 per plant on 5 plants (.78 LBs).

The over all success rating on this round from 1 to 10 would be a 7.

The cost of the Sure to Grow Loose Fill was too much and I didnt need as much as I used after inspecting the roots at harvest time. I will be leaving the location and system with my buddy who is taking over after I move to my bigger spot. Before I leave I will fine tune the cost of the system by getting smaller buckets, inner plastic liners and rather then STG Loose Fill I will use the Full Bucket STG inserts. I loved the STG 4 inch blocks but not the results of the STG Loose Fill. With the smaller buckets it will require less nutrient solution and less pump run times.

Here is a rough breakdown to give a cost to profit ratio.

3 Months Rent $2400.00
3 Months Electric $1000.00
Hydro System Build,(pumps,
Buckets, timers, hoses
airstones, ect.... $300.00
Grow Media about
75%STG 25% Rockwool $100.00
Nutrients GH Flora Series
(wasted alot) $150.00
pHers and other additives $50.00
CO2 Refills $75.00
Scrog stand $25.00
Forgotten extras $100.00

A GRAND TOTAL OF: $4200.00 ( thats roughly the market cost of 1LB high grade)

With 50 ounces at a market cost of $250.00 to $275.00 each this round will save my patients between $8300.00 to $9550.00

This round has left a HUGE amount of top quality clippings and separate, the other less potent leaves that will be used for edibles and hash. I use bubble bags for hashing.

Latest posts

Latest posts