What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

My First Hydro Grow STG

lilnick

since your already using GH flora series i thought id share some insight. Ive been using GH for years and i find the best results come when i use 16ml bloom and 8ml micro per gallon no grow just bloom and micro and a few micro nutes just a thought any more questions refer to http://lucasformula.com/

HEll YEAH BROTHER! IM IN COLORADO TOO! This is my first Hydro grow and Im trying to optimize and save on product where I can. I was Kinda wondering about that as well with the gro being 2-1-6, the micro being 5-0-1, and the Bloom being 0-5-4, there being too much nitrogen and also a whole lot of potassium.

WHAT DO YOU RUN YOUR PPM AND pH AT?
WHAT DO YOU THINK OF MY HOME MADE SYSTEM?
:thank you:

lilnick

HEll YEAH BROTHER! IM IN COLORADO TOO! This is my first Hydro grow and Im trying to optimize and save on product where I can. I was Kinda wondering about that as well with the gro being 2-1-6, the micro being 5-0-1, and the Bloom being 0-5-4, there being too much nitrogen and also a whole lot of potassium.

WHAT DO YOU RUN YOUR PPM AND pH AT?
WHAT DO YOU THINK OF MY HOME MADE SYSTEM?
:thank you:

first off where in co? im up by fairplay. second, as far as the nutes go ive never had a problem with too much nittrogen or potassium. once every week or 2 i run a flush for a few hours to get rid of excess salt buildup in medium. third i really like your setup is it a 2x4 frame with pondliner in it? my ppm starts at 1200 in first week and i run it as high as 17-1800 towards end. As far as my ph goes my tap comes out at 6.1 so i just leave it alone. what strains you runnin? need any strains?

Right on. Yeah its 2 x 4 partical board and a thick tarp for the flood table. May go to a full bucket system instead though. Just like my flower room. I think it supports more root growth and takes up less space. I have harijuana, something purple, and bubblefunk. Im just south of Denver.

lilnick

Right on. Yeah its 2 x 4 partical board and a thick tarp for the flood table. May go to a full bucket system instead though. Just like my flower room. I think it supports more root growth and takes up less space. I have harijuana, something purple, and bubblefunk. Im just south of Denver.

i like the buckets too i keep mothers in them. i used to do a full bucket system but thats also when i just had one room to veg in and flower. I really like the herijuana. im runnin sfv chemdawg, querkle,blue, purple and nyc diesel, great white shark bubblegum and sage maybe a few others but those are what im thinking about now

SCROG IS DONE!

SCROG IS DONE!

Just got back at 3am from doing my Home made Scrog Stand and Trellis at the "Laboratory" LOL. Have a few more lines to add as I ran out for plant wire. Made a stand from 1/2" PVC piping, fittings, and green Plant wire. $25.00 TOTAL! Ladies are looking good, starting to separate the nodes in flowering and getting pretty tall. The Top of the Scrog in the pics is is just under 4 1/2 feet high. Hope to hear some comments!!!! :ying:

Khaleel

Veteran
3 days since last picture WITH THE LIGHTS ON. Check out the growth!

[IMG="https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=25178&pictureid=552067"]
picture.php
[/IMG]

[IMG="https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=25178&pictureid=552066"]
picture.php
[/IMG]

[IMG="https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=25178&pictureid=552068"]
picture.php
[/IMG]

[IMG="https://www.icmag.com/ic/picture.php?albumid=25178&pictureid=552069"]
picture.php
[/IMG]

THANKS FOR LOOKING! :wave:

looking killer, man. reading your posts read like.. i don't even know, somewhere between a patient medical summary (appears to be intervienal chlorosis of the Mid-Older leaves), board-meeting minutes, and stereo instructions lol but it is all about results and your results are terrific! gorgeous bushes my friend. gorgeous. :yes: can't wait to see in bloom

denvermmj

the SPOT 074 My beauties in a nice, balanced, feng shui position! MMM feel the positive energy flowing. :) :ying:

A/C in the far top right (8000BTU) is cooling 3x1000 hortilux super HPS bulbs and staying at 74 degrees on a lower settuing!!! Thats amazing, considering usually a room with 3000 watts would require at least a 1 ton a/c (12,000BTU).

a wood dowell goes thru the outer bucket, thru the middle black insert, across the rockwool and thru the buckets again on the other side. this has provide a huge amount for support!!!!

Ill wait a couple days and post some updated pics to give a reference to the productivity of my DIY system.

what kind of media is in the last picture?

Critter

Think for yourself, question authority
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Very cool set-up and journal! Can wait to see how big your buds get with that system.

A few new pics.

Critter: Right on mane. I have a Youtube video within my posting. At the end of flower I will have another to show final results of the system. :ying:

Updated Pics

Updated Pics

Showing Mg Def and will need to clean and redo Reservoir ASAP. Maybe a imbalance in nutrient as the last change and clean was 14 days ago. Ill get right to this first thing tomorrow night. Otherwise they are looking pretty healthy(better color reference in last pic)

Growing Tall. The main top is Over 5.5ft and surrounded with 10 or so other large tops.

Did some Trimming of the Bush LOL, All Branches that were not getting good amounts of light. Some was yellowing from all the canopy blocking out light. I didnt see then ever being exposed to a good amount of light without adding more reflectors. The Tops will love me for it! :)

Thanks for lending me your eyes!:ying:

Flower Pics @ 19 Days

Flower Pics @ 19 Days

Raised the light again, probably at max height without rearranging the T-connectors on the exhaust system.

Buds are pretty close together with thick sturdy but not woody stocks. Lush lime green stocks and stems. Showing a lite Mg Def as I was out of 0-5-4 FloraBloow which has the most Mg of all three parts of GH 3 Part Solution.

This one below is has a extremely high count of tops and is healthy and thich all the way from top to bottom. Truely a Foxy Lady

Definetaly feeling the hydro, Has been super clean, easy to maintain and a AWESOME LEARN PROCESS! TYJ :ying:

Latest posts

Latest posts