What's new

My attic buildout

SpasticGramps

Don't Drone Me, Bro!
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Wow! I just smoked one down and read this whole thread from start to finish...very professional. Good to see that everything is running smoothly. Mad respect, this is by FAR the most well planned out and cleanest attic grow I have ever seen. You will soon be rewarded for all your hard work and patience. :joint::watchplant:

Appreciate the love. Good vibes to you and everyone else this holiday season.

SpasticGramps

Don't Drone Me, Bro!
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Oh, I wanted to add. I think with what I have I'll be able to run CO2 in the winter. I'm going to get everything dialed in first and deal with that last. I'm going to turn my other 1k light on tomorrow just to simulate the heat and see what happens. I bought the gas stuff to run to my propane tank (this is not new stuff for us), it's kind of on the back burner for the next little bit. Gotta finish the rest of the house lol. F'ing done building shit after this for a little while lol.

strydr

Here is the Phason Fan Controller.

urious to see what the light and water bills are going to look like.

Gramps!
Love the Phason. I have one in my little closet, and it works great. My only suggestion for you, would be to pick up a few extra temp sensors. I believe you can daisy chain 4 of them, and it will average the temps across all 4 probes.

I say this because the probe is pretty sensitive, and I find that it reads a little hot in my closet. Don't have enough space for more probes, so I've had to "hide" the probe a bit to keep the temp accurate.

Anyway, love the build out- definitely done at a pro level. I'm looking forward to the day I can start my own room build- closets' gettin way too full :)

fatigues

Veteran
I picked up this light bulb at home depot. What do ya'll think for emergency purposes if I need to peak in there?

Accepted wisdom is that green light does not interrupt photoperiod. Most all growers will tell you that, too.

Recent research shows this to be wrong in terms of what light plants use, and consequently, could still potentially interrupt photoperiod. Green light plays almost no role in chlorophyll A and B production - but is, in fact, heavily used by plants in carotenoid production.

picture.php

Result: it's better to use green light as an emergency light over any other sort of light if you have no other choice, to be sure. But it is best to avoid any light of any color altogether whenever you can - including green lights.

SpasticGramps

Don't Drone Me, Bro!
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Gramps!
Love the Phason. I have one in my little closet, and it works great. My only suggestion for you, would be to pick up a few extra temp sensors. I believe you can daisy chain 4 of them, and it will average the temps across all 4 probes.

I say this because the probe is pretty sensitive, and I find that it reads a little hot in my closet. Don't have enough space for more probes, so I've had to "hide" the probe a bit to keep the temp accurate.

Anyway, love the build out- definitely done at a pro level. I'm looking forward to the day I can start my own room build- closets' gettin way too full :)

Thanks for the advice. I bout an extra 30 ft extension sensor with the unit. So I'll have that if I run into any problems. It was an extra $30 bucks, but got it just case I might need it. Looks like I might. The unit itself is a lot chunkier than I imagined. It's feels like a rock solid piece of construction. Quite nice.

Finally got my propane hose. I'm just going to run it like everyone else around here. I've got a big trash pile together that needs to be burned. Everyone burns their trash out here. Nice! No trash service for individual homes.

SpasticGramps

Don't Drone Me, Bro!
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Accepted wisdom is that green light does not interrupt photoperiod. Most all growers will tell you that, too.

Recent research shows this to be wrong in terms of what light plants use, and consequently, could still potentially interrupt photoperiod. Green light plays almost no role in chlorophyll A and B production - but is, in fact, heavily used by plants in carotenoid production.

picture.php

Result: it's better to use green light as an emergency light over any other sort of light if you have no other choice, to be sure. But it is best to avoid any light of any color altogether whenever you can - including green lights.

Appreciate it that brother. I thought I've heard controversy over it recently. The room is big enough and clean enough that I can get through pretty easily at night if I need to get to the back rooms. I'll leave the green light in the drying room because when you close the door there is only a slight green tint around the door that can be seen from within the blacked out flower room. It doesn't reach the plants. Then I can hop into the back room if I want.

Honestly though. I'm never going to be in there after lights off after I finish getting it dialed in. I've only gone in there a couple after lights off since I've started 12/12 and it was to look at the green bulbs mainly lol! I'll leave them up there in case of a bizarre emergency. I prefer to work during the day.

Appreciate it.

john cutter

So fresh and so clean. Awesome personal set up. Building my own smoke room right now, wish I could have a head stash setup in the next room

S.Gramps I've had several grow rooms and an attic but this is Wow. Amazingly wonderful and beautifuly excellent. Cant quite stumble over the right words to describe how impecable and detailed your project is. Keep up the good work. :respect:

SpasticGramps

Don't Drone Me, Bro!
ICMag Donor
Veteran
A couple little updates. I'm waiting for the rest of my ventilation system to get in. So far it's been easy enough to control everything manually. All the equipment is oversized for what I have in the room right now, but it's stuff that will be used in the future if I really want to blow it up.

One of the intakes put together. That's a small inline fan in there to help air get into the dummy wall.

Couple pictures of the big girls. Starting to see some nice pistil development. And my first little nicely defined calyxes. Kind of hard to see in this picture.

And this is why I'm so motivated to get some decent meds. Here is what I picked up a couple days ago. We'll call this Strain Epic Fail.

Smells like hay, nutey hay taste, crumbles to a powder when you break it up. It's been kiefed or very poorly handled. It's worse than digging in the garbage dumpster at your local Walgreen's for medicine. From what I hear it's a cross between a shady mofo and someone who takes 0 pride in what they do. But this is how it is. Soon to be how it was.

:xmasnut:

DiscoBiscuit

weed fiend
Veteran
Nice update, SG. The hepa intake filters are nice. Been looking at a similar 4" scrubber made from carbon fiber paper. Do you know whether these would stop the smell? They cost about $100 so I'm looking for second/third opinions at this point.

SpasticGramps

Don't Drone Me, Bro!
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Hey man, you're busted. I see a few Miller Lite cans over there, lol.

HAHA. You caught me! I noticed those too. We aren't supposed to be throwing those in there. Going to have a talk with someone about that.

About the carbon scrubber. I have a 8in carbon fiber cone scrubber inbound. So I'll have a better idea in a little bit. They look nice and should work well. We'll see. Hope so lol.

SpasticGramps

Don't Drone Me, Bro!
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Harvest is going to be around Feb. 1st. Should have something nice to smoke a week after Valentines or so.

strydr

Nice update, SG. The hepa intake filters are nice. Been looking at a similar 4" scrubber made from carbon fiber paper. Do you know whether these would stop the smell? They cost about $100 so I'm looking for second/third opinions at this point.

I have the 4 inch carbon one. It does not stop any smells. Still need a good ol carbon scrubber, (and/or a Biozone filter. )

SpasticGramps

Don't Drone Me, Bro!
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I have the 4 inch carbon one. It does not stop any smells. Still need a good ol carbon scrubber, (and/or a Biozone filter. )

I went and read a little bit after you posted that. Probably should have done that before I ordered the thing. Seems you aren't the first person with first hand experience to say that. I should have researched more before lol. Oh well, I'll stick in there and give it a bad review if it doesn't work.

smallfry707

We'll call this Strain Epic Fail. Smells like hay, nutey hay taste, crumbles to a powder when you break it up. It's been kiefed or very poorly handled. It's worse than digging in the garbage dumpster at your local Walgreen's for medicine. From what I hear it's a cross between a shady mofo and someone who takes 0 pride in what they do. But this is how it is. Soon to be how it was.

:xmasnut:
funniest shit i heard all day

SpasticGramps

Don't Drone Me, Bro!
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Well, I'm still smoking this Epic Fail strain and let me tell you, it lives up to it's name. We march on to plump resin heads.

First off, the plants are too big for me to rotate. I still don't have all my strenght back and I have to work the garden. I can see I'm going to get plenty of bud to last me till this table run is done LOL. That's all I really care about right now to be honest. I'm going to worry about gpw later down the road. We need to get off the dumpster meds first.

Being my first flowers I can imagine you all know how I feel. I'll try not to spam this thread with pictures of early flowers. I think I can safely say it's the most awesome thing I've ever thing. Here are a couple pics. Day 10.

Coco clones. There are two that don't look very happy. One never really did. I turned off the heating pad. I'm not trying to root them real fast. I'm still working on a bunch of other shit. I probably did something to them, lol.

Aero Clones. I moved the light a little too close. I backed off of it.

Start of the roots. Temp is low for above said reasons. I'm going to add a little Dutch Master Zone for insurance.

Thanks for peaking at the show! Can't wait to post must some juicy resin pics. Can't wait until I smoke something with resin heads actually.