What's new

My attic buildout

GDK

High Class Grass
Veteran
Move was easy last night. Girls couldn't have ever been in the line of sight of anyone. They are kind of stressed, but took it ok over all I think. Finishing putting everything together. I'll have to say there doesn't seem like there is going to be too much dialing in. It was pretty much plug n' play nominal growing conditions. Pictures to come later.

Great news...were patiently waiting for some green pics..

Stay Safe

SpasticGramps

Don't Drone Me, Bro!
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I was thinking the other night that, this has been decidedly Murphy Law free so far which was a little too good to be true. I know better to run my mouth about everything being easy peasy LOL. I've been running everything for the past couple of days and have had heat issues at night. It's been cold at night outside so I don't think my A/C's are running very effectively. If I had my CO2 GEN running I don't think it would be an issue. It hasn't got above 82.

This is with the flower room and veg room on for 48 hour straight. I'm turning the flower to 12/12 tonight at 10pm. I'm going to relocate the ballasts to inside the pony wall. I have to get some connectors though.

Once I start running the room like it's supposed to be run I think I'll stay within nominal conditions fairly easy. If it continues to be a problem throughout the winter I'll add a bigger intake and exhaust from outside and run atmospheric CO2 levels during the winter. Whatever the case is this is a good starting point. I have a lot of cleaning and organizing to do. I'm also working on the downstairs too so it's been really busy lol. Can't wait till the entire move is done. Here are some pics. I'll have to figure out my white filter for shooting in the flower room. I have a Cannon Rebel so it should be able to figure it out.

Flower Room with G moms in it. They got heat stressed and nute deficient (I neglected them for a little bit) They'll be fine in a couple of days.

Another shot

RO machine. On the needs list is a higher output RO machine or some other filtration system. I just saw an Easy Water commercial. I'm going to read about that later.

Here is how the RO machine is plumbed into the shower. There is a knob on the left side that you can turn to switch between RO, shower, or both. You can clean and run the RO at the same time which is nice.

Cloning in Coco. I took 20 cuts and am cloning straight to coco for the first time. I really like how this stuff feels when you work with it. A lot of them were bent over when I took them as cuts.

Cloning area for now. I took some cuts and put them in my Aerocloner because I know it works in case my coco adventure crapped out. Going to take some more cuts before I flip to 12/12 tonight.

So far so good. Still a lot of work left to get it where I want it, but it's workable for now. I'm about to go make a Home Depot shopping list.

Last edited:

SpasticGramps

Don't Drone Me, Bro!
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Murphy read my earlier post about this being a "Murphy's Law free operation so far."

I'll have to say there doesn't seem like there is going to be too much dialing in. It was pretty much plug n' play nominal growing conditions. Pictures to come later.

Big no, no. Well, he got all liquored up and came down to show me what was up and I mean he was f'ing drunk.

I figured out why I was having heat issues. I knew something was very wrong. My compressor for the two upstairs A/C's were not running and the A/C's were not doing shit.

Basically, I had no A/C. Hindsight being 20/20, that's what caused the massive problem when I tried to plug in my 1000watt MH with my 2k running, vacuum, sweat, etc, etc. My temps went through the roof and caused a bunch of problems. It's how the big girls got pretty heat stressed.

There seems to have been some Cal/Mag deficiency (not surprised nutes were very low). I was also playing with the ozone the last couple of days in my smoking room with the grow area not airlocked. Could be either one. They'll be fine.

I'm lucky enough to know that you need redundancy behind a mechanical 24hr operation. Because Murphy also shows up drunk and craps on the floor. I need to preface with, that I'm 99% sure the A/C problem is me fooling with the settings. After doing some research, I'm going to call the Sanyo people tomorrow and clarify some things lol. Downstairs works fine and these worked great until I started changing the modes. Apparently they are a little sensitive.

So when Murphy spoils the party I flip out my portable 12btu A/C. BAM! What's up fucker?! I'm plug into my emergency vent line and it's a beautiful thing. I'm going to call Sanyo tomorrow and get these working. I was riding pretty high. Then guess who crashes their car into my living room drunk as a coot and tweaking on meth?!? Fucking Murphy!! :wallbash:

It was working fine two days ago. It started making a horribly loud noise like something was stuck in the fan. Somehow, when it was moved, the 5 in. hole was pushed inward such that it was rubbing the fan that turns in there. Imagine a wheel with ridges that's turning on a plastic flapper.

Kind of like the sound your hear in Wheel of Fortune, but a hundred times faster. Awesome! Kind I buy an F-U? The motor was heating up too and this was not going to work. Dammit Murphy! Fuckin' worthless bastard has too always shit on the parade!! Thing is Murphy had been up for five days and was a having a meth induced psychotic break. Lucky me, he was not expecting the little bit of southern engineering I had for him. Notice the screwdriver at the bottom of the picture by the bucket.

So basically Murphy's my bitch now. Nice try homeboy. One of my favorite cliches is fail plan, plan to fail.

So now that we have the A/C back up and running we are back in nominal range. Nice and cozy. The room has a nice light arid breezy, not windy, feel to it. It's very pleasant.

Shot of Pony Wall Storage

I'm going to run the HPS till tomorrow night and switch to 12/12. Can't wait!

G Moms

Got my fire extinguisher.

Do Not Enter

My favorite shot of the night. That's with the HPS on. I figured out my white settings.

Here's my books and collectibles I guess you would call them, lol. I've read most of them. You have a lot of spare time going through a transplant. I'm reading the Botany one right now. It's such an amazing plant. I don't always agree with what's in them, but they provide a good foundation to work off of. Especially, Jorge. Dongle69's 6000watt room and Lazyman's CO2 thread were a big help too. Knowledge is power. Freedom is everything.

Last edited:
Looking good SG!! Murphy's a little phucker thats for sure!! Looks like you got it handled though!! Keep up the good show!!!

SpasticGramps

Don't Drone Me, Bro!
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I've done a little reading on the Easy Water. I think I'll pass. Going to look for a higher output RO. The tap water here is horrible.

bs0

Those card tables in your flower room under the hydro tray don't look strong enough. Water is heavy as shit. Funny, water is actually heavier than shit. You could build something stronger with great ease (and add wheels!)

I love your room so much... So much space. Kudos on the design.

SpasticGramps

Don't Drone Me, Bro!
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Those card tables in your flower room under the hydro tray don't look strong enough. Water is heavy as shit. Funny, water is actually heavier than shit. You could build something stronger with great ease (and add wheels!)

I love your room so much... So much space. Kudos on the design.

Thanks. I needed the space so I can roll around in my chair and work. There was a point where I was on hardcore catabolic steroids that caused wasting syndrome. Ate my body completely up. At one point, I was wheelchair bound and didn't feel like I was going to recover. I designed everything such that I could be pretty handicapped and run the system. Luckily, I've gotten much, much better since then and am wrapping all this up. I'm still in a rehab head space though. I'll be back to where I can exercise regularly here pretty soon. But yeah having the space to move around makes working very comfortable and pleasant. Lots of good vibes.

The tables are rated for 400 lbs. Very solid construction. They have 1in+ metal bracing running across the bottom. I'll take a photo here in a bit.

SpasticGramps

Don't Drone Me, Bro!
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Lights just went off. So I've finally started 12/12. Been a long time coming. Had to put a couple pieces of electrical tape over some red led's. Definitely pitch black in there.

I had to go back to school today.

I called the Sanyo people today after downloading their Technical Training Manual. It's very well written. Long story short, the compressor won't run at all when the outside ambient air temps reachs 62deg. It's an energy efficient thing with the electric dc inverter motor as opposed to the older rotary style compressor.

Uh, oh.

There is a sensor that keeps the compressor from cooling when it reaches 62 outside. If you turn the heater on, you get hot really quickly.

I like that top one. They come with the remote.

It's going to get cold for here tonight and I've decided I'm not going to work against nature.

I have the portable 12btu A/C, my Sanyo's can act as dehumidifier's on DRY mode, they act like a nice fan if the compressor is off and it's cold outside, and at least 63deg temps outside. I'll shut down CO2 during when the winter months. Should only be about four months out of the year. Then these A/C's can do their thing. The insulation is fantastic up here.

Doing a little experiment.

I'm going to rip out most of the ventilation system that the contract guys installed and setup the dummy walls to act as lung rooms for winter time growing. I have an 8in Vortex on the way with some other good stuff to get started. Should be interesting lol. I'm getting the Phason fan controller to control this.

Here is a shot of the tables that the plants will be sitting on. I got them at Lowes. They have a thick metal structure bracing. I can walk on them very easily.

Checking in on the clones. I'm really digging Coco so far.

I'm good on genetics for a while. I pulled out some of the stuff I plan on running down the road.

I'm really thinking about the Chemdog BX2 next. Decisions, decisions. I'm considering running a fem strain though, such that I would have one less thing to worry about while I dial the room in. :chin:

SpasticGramps

Don't Drone Me, Bro!
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Appreciate all the love guys. I just got back from home depot with a bunch of ducting and ventilation stuff. Going to start with that today. Temp and humidity were great last night, so the room is limping along nicely. More later.

well.. that is a one awesome cookie jar :) is it all newly bought, or is it a long time collection? :)

Those big ass curing jars I have are Montona 2 1/2gal airtight jars from Amazon. I think they were $24. This is my second room. My first was in my old walk in closet that was 8x30. A lot of this stuff has been collected over the last several months. I've only been vegging for the so far. I never got my closet separated into two rooms and decided to move to a more secure location to do all this.

So I'm pretty excited to finally see some damn flowers lol.

SpasticGramps

Don't Drone Me, Bro!
ICMag Donor
Veteran
RIGHT ON!...ive had that in my signature since day 1 of my membership at IC

excellent grow, room, and show...

i envy your space.

happy holidazzzee

I like your other Confucius like quote in your sig. too. It's a philosophical pillar that I always thought I was building my life on, but going through the transplant has opened my eyes to the fact that I wasn't. I am now though. You have to be honest enough with yourself to deconstruct your own paradigms.

I picked up this light bulb at home depot. What do ya'll think for emergency purposes if I need to peak in there?

I thought the name was pretty funny. Do ya'll think it would bother my plants with the lights off? I plan on working in my room only with the lights on, but just in case, ya know.

LiLWaynE

I Feel Good
ICMag Donor
Veteran
yeah Gramps,

that green light can be used anytime ... you should have bought up a couple more... that one green light might not be enough light for you to be able to see and work effectively.

i own a headlamp with green LED lights on it... its super bright and works well for whenever i need to work in the dark...

Latest posts

Latest posts