What's new

My attic buildout

250wscrogger

Looking great. :xmastree: I'll deff be watching this one.

I love coco! I started using it like 2-3 grows ago and I will be using it forever. I'd suggest it to anyone. Simple like soil, but yields like hydro.
I use about 40% coco in my mix currently because of handwatering/sharing the grow (1800w) with 2 other people.
:fsu:
I will be doing 70% coco drip to waste fed once a day (bio bizz) when I finally get my own 3k perpetual room up and running hopefully no later than this summer/fall.

How do you like that 30amp power box?
I'm thinking about getting the same exact one for my 3k room since it can handle up to 4k and has a 10 amp 120v breaker I can run my fans on. I really want to run my flower room lights on 240v and this seems like the best way.

SpasticGramps

Don't Drone Me, Bro!
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I started putting in the ventilation system with the Vortex fans and have it setup where it works quite nicely now. The room stays at 75degree 40-45% humidity. I'm hoping the plants and wet bud will bring the humidity up a snouch. That would make it just right. I turned on my other 1k and the fans cycle off and on. More on than off if its around 60-50 degrees outside. It turns off at night. I'm going to leave the little portable A/C unit for right now.

I didn't cut an exhaust yet. The air is scrubbed, plus the positive pressure pushes air into the other dummy wall which can be scrubbed with the ozone jr. The positive pressure keeps the ozone away from me and my plants. The heat in the dummy wall from the A/C nicely warms my office so I don't have to use the other A/C. Pretty nice. The mixed air is slowly exhausted outside. The room smells pretty fresh at the moment. Needs to be filled up with bud to get a better idea.

Here are a couple shots. This isn't this most efficient system.

R8 Insulated 8in ducting. There is 500cfm inline fan. Bug filter only, open to the outside. The air is really chilly in this dummy wall.

8in. Vortex w/HEPA filter. Both fans are attached to the Phason.

Phason. Fantastic Unit.

All my fans are sitting on clothes. Can't hear anything downstairs anymore. I also put some of the R8 insulation on the 8in Vortex that is scrubbing the air. It killed almost all the noise. It's getting quieter. :joint:

While I like this and am going to run it like this for a little while. I'm going to bite the bullet and get an 18,000btu Sanyo low ambient compressor, DOH!!!! Expensive f'ck up lol. Uncompromising quality and security was the goal and that's the best way.

Plus, I really don't want to cut on the house anymore and this way I can run the gas and have complete control. The initial goal of this was to be completely disconnected from the outside. It's an expensive hobby lol. But it's how it should done in my situation. No one can see my compressors. I have a big privacy fence. We can install and charge them ourselves.

Shot of the Flower room Day 25. You can see the ozone damage. I'm not even running it all right now. No need for it. It ended up effecting one of my best buds pretty bad. :frown:

Clones looking healthy. I finally got the right tubing to hook up my veg system. I can't rave enough about Coco. Best thing since sliced bread IMHO.

Hope everyone had a Merry X-Mas!!! I'm ready for 2010!

:eggnog:

Coco Budder

Nice work bro I have read the last 17 pages!! I can't beielve i never seen this thread on here before haha... anyways I was wondering about your OVERwatering on your clones and then I looked closer to the pics and noticed your using 100% COCO... may I ask why? I would strongly advise you to use a 50/50 or 60/40 mix with Perlite. It will run off the water faster and make them dry up a bit faster as well, but it promotes good root growth and no more worries of over watering ever again :) cheers man good luck everything is very pro!

SpasticGramps

Don't Drone Me, Bro!
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Nice work bro I have read the last 17 pages!! I can't beielve i never seen this thread on here before haha... anyways I was wondering about your OVERwatering on your clones and then I looked closer to the pics and noticed your using 100% COCO... may I ask why? I would strongly advise you to use a 50/50 or 60/40 mix with Perlite. It will run off the water faster and make them dry up a bit faster as well, but it promotes good root growth and no more worries of over watering ever again cheers man good luck everything is very pro!

Sorry for double post but also I would like to give you a link to a helpful addition to your flood tables I have seen them being used on flood tables and they are the shit i strongly recommend them to a newbie to trying new things out http://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=148254

Thanks for the advice and the heads up on the pots. I'm not mixing with perlite because I'm trying to cut down on mixing things/preparation, stuff to buy, etc. So far I'm really digging just putting Coco in a pot and sticking the plant it. Two step process.

I guess what I'm saying is the final goal is to have as few processes as possible. The overwatering problem was me being a newb. I'm pretty sure I know what my mistakes were. There is definitely nothing wrong with process or the equipment used. A short between the seat and the keyboard, as we sometime say.

I'm going to finish the G-Bomb Moms off with just using RO and Florva. That will help give me a baseline to judge my nutrients by. I'll add some Florlicious on the next run. I want to find the simplest most effective nute regime. I don't know if it can get much easier than this, aside from the bottle shaking, but that makes a good quick arm workout lol.

SpasticGramps

Don't Drone Me, Bro!
ICMag Donor
Veteran
How do you like that 30amp power box?
I'm thinking about getting the same exact one for my 3k room since it can handle up to 4k and has a 10 amp 120v breaker I can run my fans on. I really want to run my flower room lights on 240v and this seems like the best way.

It works great so far. There is something about it that's not quite UL (??) code. My father took a Fluke meter to it and saw that something was odd, but decided it was fine. I don't use the 120v though. I have plenty of others. I've seen quite a few in some grows around here and have never heard of any problems. Mind of all your other electrical is up to par.

SpasticGramps

Don't Drone Me, Bro!
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Well, I plugged my carbon filter back in lol. The Freshmaker carbon fiber cone isn't going to be up to the task. It may work for low/no odor strains. Pretty much useless IMO. I snapped a couple of shots while I was in there.

Day 28 of Flower

Starting to see frost!

You can really see that ozone damage. It damaged about 30% of the plant closest to the door. It kind of looks like a mess in there, but I haven't touched the plants in a while. Man I can't wait to smoke this stuff! I'm not going to chop it early though. Patience is a virtue. :joint:

The start of the pretty show is here.

They are kind of pale. The were at 1.4EC yesterday. I put them at 1.6EC today and they got some more color. pH is set to 5.8 right now. I'll probably raise the EC a little more tomorrow. I think I'm going to wait until they are about 12in tall to flower. Without being topped G-Bomb is supposed to about double in height. When it's topped they don't stretch that much, but they explode outwards. Does this plan sound reasonable? I have 28 of them right now going on a 4x4?? Thanks for any advice.

:eggnog:

Looks like everything is coming along very well for you SpasticGramps. I hope you have a happy new year. enjoy your new addition. Time and money well invested.

250wscrogger

Looking good. :smokeit:

I wouldn't even top those clones...I'd suggest a nice sog under 2 lights. I love sog because it pretty much guarantees you will get over a pound per light no matter what, atleast in my experiences with 3 600's @ 16 per. (hit over 20oz a couple times)
I'm sure you could hit 1.5lb+ per 1k no problems first go with sog flowering them at like 12''-14'' tall in 3 gallon pots.
2lb+ per 1k is highly possible with everything dialed in. :tree:
I can't wait to switch my lights out for 1000's :eggnog:

SpasticGramps

Don't Drone Me, Bro!
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Looking good. :smokeit:

I wouldn't even top those clones...I'd suggest a nice sog under 2 lights. I love sog because it pretty much guarantees you will get over a pound per light no matter what, atleast in my experiences with 3 600's @ 16 per. (hit over 20oz a couple times)
I'm sure you could hit 1.5lb+ per 1k no problems first go with sog flowering them at like 12''-14'' tall in 3 gallon pots.
2lb+ per 1k is highly possible with everything dialed in. :tree:
I can't wait to switch my lights out for 1000's :eggnog:

Thanks! I only have one 4x4 with 1k to run them under though. I'm going to wait until the mom's finish before I get my other 4x4 table. So, should I throw these all in now or wait? I'm kind of leaning to putting all 28 on the table here in a couple of days and just see what happens. They are at about 5-7inches right now.

Is it better to over shoot or undershoot when trying to figure out what you are doing lol? I guess getting them too crowded would cause them to stretch more?? Dunno. I'm high and thinking out
loud.

Nice work bro I have read the last 17 pages!! I can't beielve i never seen this thread on here before haha... anyways I was wondering about your OVERwatering on your clones and then I looked closer to the pics and noticed your using 100% COCO... may I ask why? I would strongly advise you to use a 50/50 or 60/40 mix with Perlite. It will run off the water faster and make them dry up a bit faster as well, but it promotes good root growth and no more worries of over watering ever again :) cheers man good luck everything is very pro!

aweome man very very clean setup

Appreciate it!!

Lazyman

Overkill is under-rated.
Veteran
IMHO it's best to overveg a little and let them get bigger, you can always prune them into the shape/size you want, but if they are too small nothin will make em big enough. I would wait until they're at least 12" tall in veg even on a stretchy strain. Some strains grow into nice single colas (anything with NL in it for example) and you can pack a ton of them into a tray.

Hey There! did you get your 4X8 yet? I used to do the 2x2 throught 2x8, flood & drain. Rock Wool , But Coco seems to be the way to go!

No, silver goes facing out on the side of the building because the sun is not directly beating down on top of it with all the asphalt shingles. Hardie Plank is fiber cement. FLIR may or may not be able to see me, tin foil hat time, but I've done the best there is with the technology available. :joint:

I know Worm's Way sells Infared proof foil you can line your room with it. It is garunteed to work if you use the Foil tape to seal it with. Regular A/C foil tape.

250wscrogger

Yeah it's better to overshoot than undershoot the veg for sure just like lazyman said, you can always prune the extra lower BS shoots off during stretch :tree: I usually flip my clones right around 12''-14'' but I only do 16 a light...haven't tried the 25 a light thing yet but I might give it a shot next run. :smokeit: Yeah I've seen that IR shield at worms way but it's pretty expensive if I remember correctly.

SpasticGramps

Don't Drone Me, Bro!
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Hey There! did you get your 4X8 yet? I used to do the 2x2 throught 2x8, flood & drain. Rock Wool , But Coco seems to be the way to go!

I'm going to stick with 4x4's for now. They are easier for me to manage. I love Coco!

IMHO it's best to overveg a little and let them get bigger, you can always prune them into the shape/size you want, but if they are too small nothin will make em big enough. I would wait until they're at least 12" tall in veg even on a stretchy strain. Some strains grow into nice single colas (anything with NL in it for example) and you can pack a ton of them into a tray.

Thanks bro. I'll do that then. I'll wait till they are about 12-14 before I flip them, and then trim off like y'all said. G-Bomb by Big Buddha Seeds is a decent yielder from what I've seen on here.