What's new

My 9k Adventure

Tonatiuh

its me Dave man open up the door...
ICMag Donor
Veteran
lookin excellant bro.
i was thinkin the same thing,in a week it will be a forest for sure yo.
its gonna be gettin real interesting from here out.
im glad i tagged infor this one ...peace

bigbrokush

Well I have to say you have put this grow together pretty nicely. Best of luck with the next few week to finish this project.

LiLWaynE

I Feel Good
ICMag Donor
Veteran
shits looking good... i gave this thread (filtered to FIP, sorry yall..) a 2nd read through... i rarely do that

just a few (POST BLUNT :joint: ) comments/questions for you FIP:

you gonna post that pic of that timer setup like you previously mentioned?? i wouldn't mind checking it out, and im sure alotta other people wouldnt mind either...
also, excuse my stonedness if you have mentioned it already, but how do you water your plants? i know alot of people use a pump with a hose and spray nozzle in the rez..(i use that teqnique) if you get a chance, snap a pic of that also.. i wouldnt mind seeing that contraption ..

also, i was looking at the walls in that room, looks like you guys did a nice job with it. the house appears to be nice as well. im pretty jealous of your scenario there FIP, looks like you hit the jackpot with a legit fucking partner...ever think about franchising... you know where you have like 5 of these "partners" scattered within a 10 mile radius of ur crib... jk.. but muh fuckas do do this shit.... ya do do :rasta:

all in all though, you are in a good situation, and I wish you and your biz parter nothing but the best...... there are very little ways to turn 10 grand to 80grand in less then a year... fortunately with a litte insider knowledge, balls, and great connections - lives can easily be changed...

just make sure you keep your hands clean, and when it comes time to spend - spend wisely...

good shit -
:joint:
LW

Last edited:
J

Joe Budden

Looks fantastic man, hey I bet your partner would have a shock if he knew you were posting the grow on da internet :D:D lol

Great work man
JB

Purkle

Nice work you doing there and way too keep ur head up!! The boards are tough sometimes but its usually for our own good. Your room looks great and I wish you the best. Keep it easy!!

Tonatiuh

ICMag Donor
Veteran
wattup FIPH just stoppin in to holla at ya right quick...peace

freedominphilly

What's up everyone. Thanks again for checking my thread out.

blackfoot-
I loved the over seas story those sound like something interesting to grow. I wonder how long they will take to finish? If you get any males you should make some crosses you may have the good?
- Yeah, pretty cool story indeed. If these turn out to be good, I most certainly will make some crosses and f2's.

Joe Budden-
Looks fantastic man, hey I bet your partner would have a shock if he knew you were posting the grow on da internet lol Great work man JB
- You have NO idea!!

Tonatiuh - Thanks as always for stopping by and your encouragement.

Purkle -
Nice work you doing there and way too keep ur head up!! The boards are tough sometimes but its usually for our own good.
- Thanks. Yeah, for a week or so, I was really wishing I hadn't even started a thread here. I was getting all mental. Some of the peep's responses were even making me think that I was making a huge mistake. I almost forgot to believe in myself :chin:

LiLWaynE -
you gonna post that pic of that timer setup like you previously mentioned??
- um, yeah, but I told you all it was lame. I don't want to hear it. It turns my lights on and off, it stays cool and it's off the floor and doesn't get wet. -

also, excuse my stonedness if you have mentioned it already, but how do you water your plants? i know alot of people use a pump with a hose and spray nozzle in the rez..(i use that teqnique) if you get a chance, snap a pic of that also.. i wouldnt mind seeing that contraption ..
- I used to hand water all my plants. In fact I used to water 100+ plants with a watering can. That was years ago though. Up until recently, I was moving around all my plants and lugging a 5 gallon bucket all over the place. Once you have 80 or more plants in 3 gallon containers, watering day ends up taking like 3 or 4 hours. I also noticed that when I had to move and shuffle the plants around, trichomes would inevitable fly off like dust just about every time. Not to mention the occasional plant here or there that I overlooked and didn't get watered at all. So I got sick of moving the plants and hand watering and spending so much time on the whole ordeal.

So I set up an irrigation system. For each light, I have 20 plants, 1 foot apart, set up 4x5. I took 1/2" flexible tubing, some barbs, some 1/4" spaghetti tubing, some drip stakes and put them together.

I have 9 of those things leading to a main 1/2" line that has nutes being pumped from a 1000gph pump in a 50 gallon trashcan.

I mix fresh water and nutes every time and pump until it's all gone. I haven't done this with 180 plants yet, but with 100 on one of my last runs, I was getting them all watered in less than 20 minutes. That was with a 500gph pump. I don't think it's gonna take too much longer than that with these. So from 3-4 hours to less than a half an hour, without all the backbreaking work of moving plants around, I absolutely love this irrigation thing.

Here are a couple more shots of the ladies. Some flowers starting to show.

Purkle

I always wanted irrigation but scared of a clogged dripper or a big leak. Do you strain you mix or have a fine filter on ur pump?

freedominphilly

Purkle said:
I always wanted irrigation but scared of a clogged dripper or a big leak. Do you strain you mix or have a fine filter on ur pump?

The first time I did a run with this, I actually did have a couple clogs. I'll be honest, I'm not the CLEANEST gardener out there, so I have perlite EVERYWHERE.

I noticed that my PowerCloner had a nice, fine pre-filter before the pump that would work perfectly for what I was using. I asked the guy that runs my growshop about getting one and he had an extra that he threw me for free.
So provided my lines and drippers are all clean from the beginning, I can rest assured knowing none of my ladies will be neglected.

LiLWaynE - Good morning, and thank you!

headiez247

shut the fuck up Donny
Veteran
freedom-

Been following your setup all along, very nice setup, and don't say your not clean that shit is just fine.

I had a clarification question regarding your irrigation.

You said you have 9 of those segments you had pics of, (assuming all attached with a double ended male or T's to eachother) and then those 9 connect to a main 1/2 line that goes to your res w/ the 1,000 pump.

Did you ever test the output ie the first site vs the furthest site to see if the flow was the same? I tried a DIY irrigation system and that was my main problem. Are those drippers on the end or just direct feed?

I'm going to be upgrading in the very near future and not be that far off plant # wise so I'm planning in advance how to automate this.

compliments again on the room, can't wait to see these girls flower!

freedominphilly

Hey what's going on everyone. It's been a little late on the update. I've been pretty bust over the last couple of days.

headiez247
headiez247 said:
freedom-

I had a clarification question regarding your irrigation.

You said you have 9 of those segments you had pics of, (assuming all attached with a double ended male or T's to eachother) and then those 9 connect to a main 1/2 line that goes to your res w/ the 1,000 pump.

Did you ever test the output ie the first site vs the furthest site to see if the flow was the same?
Yeah, that is exactly the way we had it set up and we did do a test and it failed miserably. We got a 1900gph pump and the furthest lines were still barely dribbling.

So we made this manifold thing and separated the 1 main line feeding 9 sub lines into 3 main lines each feeding 3 sub lines and it seems to be working absolutely fine with the 1900gph pump.

I took a bunch of clones yesterday. They're all rez's william's wonder, and a clone from a seed I found in a batch of Calio I did couple runs ago.

Here's my mothers. A bunch of different WWs, an ECSD, a calio, a bubba, and you can't see them, but those pakistanis are in there too.

And finally, an update on my flowering ladies. They all seem to be doing fairly well. Actually, there are 3 or 4 that are absolutely shit, but I'm not stressing over them.
413010292008058.jpg

413010292008059.jpg

413010292008060.jpg

4130DSC00198.JPG

4130DSC00195.JPG

and I almost forgot....WAY TO GO PHILLIES!!!!

Last edited:

LiLWaynE

I Feel Good
ICMag Donor
Veteran
looking great... looks like alot of work...

i bet its a pain in the ass trying to walk around in there

Tonatiuh

ICMag Donor
Veteran
lookin good fiph,thats a nice room shot bro canopy is lookin real nice bro.
cant wait to see them switch into high gear.,,peace

headiez247

shut the fuck up Donny
Veteran
freedominphilly said:
Hey what's going on everyone. It's been a little late on the update. I've been pretty bust over the last couple of days.

headiez247

Yeah, that is exactly the way we had it set up and we did do a test and it failed miserably. We got a 1900gph pump and the furthest lines were still barely dribbling.

So we made this manifold thing and separated the 1 main line feeding 9 sub lines into 3 main lines each feeding 3 sub lines and it seems to be working absolutely fine with the 1900gph pump.

Very cool. Within a month I will be moving into my new house and will be doin about 7kw worth of dirt so I'm pretty serious about replicating your watering system.

So within that 50 gal res you got your 1900gph (yikes) pump, with a short tube im assuming attaching to the outlet and into the manifold. I noticed in the pic you had 1 open and 2 closed, so I assume you do it in shifts to keep the pressure the same as opposed to trying to feed all at once? And with that 1900 attached, is it still drip at the end or is it a steady flow? I couldn't really tell from the pic.

thanks man, things are lookin really good in there.