What's new

My 9k Adventure

freedominphilly

Wow, thanks for chiming in and stopping by everyone! I appreciate the positive vibes you all send in my direction.

headiez247 said:
Very cool. Within a month I will be moving into my new house and will be doin about 7kw worth of dirt so I'm pretty serious about replicating your watering system.

So within that 50 gal res you got your 1900gph (yikes) pump, with a short tube im assuming attaching to the outlet and into the manifold. I noticed in the pic you had 1 open and 2 closed, so I assume you do it in shifts to keep the pressure the same as opposed to trying to feed all at once? And with that 1900 attached, is it still drip at the end or is it a steady flow? I couldn't really tell from the pic.

thanks man, things are lookin really good in there.

Yeah, I do 60 plants at a time instead of all 180 at once. At the end, I'm getting a nice steady flow, and the flow seems consistent throughout. I think it's important to make sure every spaghetti tube is exactly the same length for every plant. In my case, every one is 19 inches long.
I dump only enough water and nutes into the trashcan to feed 60 of them, turn on the pump with two of the valves closed, and let it empty. Do that 3 times and I'm good for a few days.

If you're doing dirt and you throw perlite or anything else that might be a little chunky into your mix, I must say that it is absolutely imperative that you get a prefilter for your pump so that shit doesn't get sucked through and clog your feeders. I've lost a few in the past from that. Unless you and your area are super-clean...even still, I'd say get one for the peace of mind.

thekingofNY

Cannasseur
Looking great man. I have never done something so large scale, and might get a chance to in the near future. I'm curious did you get the electric bill yet for 9k watts of light?

Either way keep up the good work and most importantly stay safe.

headiez247

shut the fuck up Donny
Veteran
freedominphilly said:
Yeah, I do 60 plants at a time instead of all 180 at once. At the end, I'm getting a nice steady flow, and the flow seems consistent throughout. I think it's important to make sure every spaghetti tube is exactly the same length for every plant. In my case, every one is 19 inches long.
I dump only enough water and nutes into the trashcan to feed 60 of them, turn on the pump with two of the valves closed, and let it empty. Do that 3 times and I'm good for a few days.

If you're doing dirt and you throw perlite or anything else that might be a little chunky into your mix, I must say that it is absolutely imperative that you get a prefilter for your pump so that shit doesn't get sucked through and clog your feeders. I've lost a few in the past from that. Unless you and your area are super-clean...even still, I'd say get one for the peace of mind.

Ya, was planning on a prefilter for sure. Your system is going to fit ours perfectly.

What kind of sprayer/dripper is that on the end? Open ended with that 1900 pump the water would be flyin out of there, so I assume the dripper regulates it to something appropriate. How long does it take to feed out 60 plants? lastly did you just buy 1/2 inch main line and attach hose fittings to the end or did you find that premade somewhere? doesn't look like actual garden hose but I love the attachment.

Sorry for all the questions once again, just getting my shopping list together.

freedominphilly

It's a 45 degree dripper stake thing. A steady stream comes out the bottom if you pull it out of the dirt, by no means squirting or anything.

15 gallons of water took about 3-6 minutes at the very most to get sucked out completely. That's for 60 plants.

Oh and I'm not sure what you're asking about. The manifold thing with the valves and shit (the white pvc) is just something the partner put together. It's all 1/2 in. You may have to modify the outlet on the 1900 pump if that's what you're going with. Everything can be found in the plumbing section of your local major hardware retailer.

Last edited:

freedominphilly

Day 21 update

Day 21 update

What's up everyone. Hope you're all having a good night.

My garden is coming along pretty well. No problems to speak of. It's almost embarrassing how little work I have to do now that it's all going now.

I've been spending some time over in the Growroom Designs and Equipment area like yamaha_1fan had been suggesting and I have gotten a lot of great ideas on how to re-do all that ductwork. I'll get on that as soon as these ladies come down.

So here they are at 21 days of flowering. Starting to show some trichomes.

Tonatiuh

its me Dave man open up the door...
ICMag Donor
Veteran
lookin good fiph,thats a real nice canopy for so many plants,good job keepin it under control bruh.mine is always kinda uneven because i be havin 3-4 strains in a group...im workin on tthat now though...
so many forums with so much great info on here huh man,cant wait to see what you come up with for the exhaust,im in the middle of buying new a/c'd hoods to get my lights cooled too.my temps are cool,but still make that A/C work a lil less.as always bro,love the work ur doin in here.peace

tobaaaac

You say that you've been getting the gram per watt... That's going to be a serious amount of ganja if you get your normal yield on this 9k. Props.

freedominphilly

SHIT SHIT SHIT

SHIT SHIT SHIT

I must have a "browser back" button somewhere on my fucking keyboard. I had a nice reply all typed out and bumped my KB and now, boom, it's gone.

Whatever.

Here are some pics I snapped with my phone last night.

My job is too easy. It really is.

accessndx

♫All I want to do is zoom-a-zoom-zoom-zoom..
Veteran
Well, you got me interested bro....make room for 1 mo'! Nice!!!

Purkle

Looking great man! Love the irrigation and the even canopy! Great job and have a blast.

What do you think about maybe lowering those lights a little bit? If they can take the heat.

Last edited:

freedominphilly

4 down, 5 to go

4 down, 5 to go

cellardweller - Yo dude, thanks for pokin' your head in here, nice seeing you again.

accessndx - What's up man, glad you found my thread, there's always room for a few more. Enjoy the show.

Purkle - Hey, thanks for the compliments. Truth be told, the canopy isn't quite as even as I would have liked it to be. I wasn't able to pull 200 clones at one pop so I had to take cuttings 3 different times, so some of those plants were vegged 4-5 weeks more than some of the others. As far as the lights go, I actually raised them a few inches the other night. The glass is cool to the touch on the hoods so heat isn't much of an issue. I like to keep them 18 inches above the tops or so. And man, that irrigation thing has made my life soooo much easier. All 180 plants are watered in less than an hour. I love it.

I snapped a few pictures last night. A day over 4 weeks at 12/12. They are really gonna beef up now. They are really starting to smell too. But not a weed smell at all. Just something sweet, kinda floral.