What's new

My 8ft 24 Bulb 624 Watt CFL Hood/Fixture For Under $150

Elite

Oh, since I make my own schedule...I work nights, so I probably start the painting tonight...

So keep checking back...Its a lot of work, as you can see I get it done fast.

:cool:Elite

grady

I'm not working either it sucks.........try switching to a green job...if u can find one...I lucked up and found one, but had to move.... peace

rastafari

good job, bro!

it must have looked like the mothership landed! haha

would love to see some pics in action,
but definitely take the time to make sure its safe.
you might ask around here for some electrical advice.

grow the herb and spread the love!

Elite

you might ask around here for some electrical advice.

Did you read the thread and look at the pictures??
I am a professional electrician...Thats a smack in the face because you didn't take time to read the whole thread:rolleyes: You shouldn't half ass things!!
Thanks for the incouragement though!! :smile:

grady said:
are you running a perpetual harvest like Dr.Budgreenjeans

One large...Then I'm done for a while...I should be able to veg a lot of plants under a 8'Wx19"D Hood...Then let mother nature take over:smoke:

Elite

I started the first coat of paint...

I had to find a nice balance between ample lighting and BLINDING:cool:

I painted half of the first coat and got thirsty and bored...I hate painting, however in this situation, I feel its a must (to be done right)

:joint:Elite

Elite

I finished the first coat of what looks to be 3. The temps are so low and the humidity is so high here, primer is drying slow as hell. So I'm finished for the night. As soon as I'm done with the 3rd coat, I'll take some nice pics with a better camera and lights on/off...

Check back tomorrow...

Elite

Thank You...I'm flattered!!:smile:

And I'm not even close to done!! We are only on page 3, I'm going to try to get the majority of the project wrapped up on this page, so please keep posts to a minimum.
Feel free to PM me with any questions/comments/suggestions.
:rasta:Elite

Elite

Just finished 2nd coat of primer...Damn lots of herb and xanax and I'm still like the energizer bunny:smile:

I just don't stop...On to the veg room to work...

Crush

I would measure your lighting success with a light meter. CFL's have very shallow penetration and there's a possibility the reflective backing did nothing.

Only the light meter can tell you becuase I admit I was really suprised with various proto types I did for my home made CFL light setup.

picture.php

picture.php

Elite

What strains do you have there??

I Finished 3rd coat primer....letting dry. Mounted pics up soon...

Thundurkel

Just Call me Urkle!!
Veteran
That's a bad ass light fixture you put together I would throw some 42w 2700K bulbs in with the 26w like have a 42w in between the 26's and that shit would be perfect for flowering!

Elite

I'm flowering outside...This is strictly vegging room.

Finished Painting/Priming

Bulbs are installed

Lights On!! Again I can't capture the light intensity with my P.O.S. Camera.
But I'll get better shot later...

BLING BLING!!

It was a real hassle just getting the fixture from the garage to the vegg. room...Just taking a quick break before mounting it

Aerohead

space gardener
Veteran
Pictures look good, not so sure it's the camera. I have a rather expensive camera and it also fails to capture light intensity. My lights blow up the room when the side cover is off the PC, but when I take pics, the bulbs just look like they are glowing...

Elite

Placed in its new environment:yes:

Just a different angle...lets fire them up!!:hotbounce

Lights On!! Nice clean sterile environment!!

Something is missing here?? No plants...I need some a strains worthy of these lights...
Now where to find them :chin::confused:

I'm holding out for some nice elite cuts, I just hope I can find them in time...

Elite

Next I'll be installing a portable AC unit, behind the fixture. I need to beat those heats.
Climate control is a must...if you can't keep you temps below 85 degrees, don't bother (Yes, there is always exceptions).

N

nekoloving

I'll take this opportunity to give you all a top view

Once I get these painted and mounted you won't be able to see the top

I had to run a jumper between rows of lights, I figured over the top was the best move for many reasons. 12/2 UF (UF=Underground Feed= Direct Burial) was used. Its a bitch to work with unless you have a lot of "practice" with it.

Just the cord entering the fixure...

very impressive- loving the design and work there. if i may suggest one thing, i didnt look through your other threads/posts so i dont see the setup, but why not wire each half of the light seperately, so you have two cords to plug it in with, and can split the juice fairly evenly over two circuits?

sorry if this was something you already considered, i'm no pro; just a guy with pestering questions! :respect::respect: