What's new

My 8ft 24 Bulb 624 Watt CFL Hood/Fixture For Under $150

calstar

Very sweet work. Really sorry about the raid, hope all goes well sorting it out.

Last edited:

2sknny2smke2mch

I never claimed to be rational!! Who the fuck told you I was RATIONAL??

LOL, seriously...:D

I'm not quite sure what you mean by "twist connectors" ?? I simply twisted the wire with my Linesman pliers, twisted a wire nut on until tight. Like any electrician...after you do it a couple hundred THOUSAND times, you get quite good at it, nice solid connection that only takes seconds...

2nd question is simple, cost:
can I get 3- 150watt MH's for $150?? If so...wheres the fun in that??

Honestly...I never took this whole thing REAL serious...
I just had a lot of the materials laying around from all my years in construction (No blueprints, though:D)...It just kind of came together (Insert A-Team Theme)

Bored and talented...I was hoping to teach and inspire.
Sorry I can't back it up ATM, but this fixture has the potential to grow a incredible SOG

Perhaps I'll use it when I re-locate...perhaps I'll use it for a sled this winter..

:biglaugh:Elite

I know this thread is old as Mrs Daisy's midge, but seriously all bulls hit aside, I'm no electrician by profession, but I did come up with a fixture very similar to this one and used 8 individual sockets anc 7" galvanized steel pipe with a pvc frame...fabricated from utter imagination..and daisy chained together with "twist end" connectors. Only reason I felt the need to say that is because I am not a orofessional, I mean most of us here are just simple folks that either diy or dont. I just feel like elite looks down on anyone with a criticism. Bottom line dud3,,science over ego. Better plants every time. My CFL frakenstein was replaced with a simple 2' to fixture from hydrogen which put out 8000 lumens compared to the 12,800 cfls. 96 watts over 184. I also had this just laying around,.,and it does the job loads better. Why? Better design , better reflectivity , better overall efficiency . Period.
Yeah elite..good job..pat yourself on the back for making a longer one than the average joe. Bet if you saw mine you'd try to one up me tho..being the professional that you are, sorry to bring up old shot but you ruined a great thread by being totally dismissive of people like hoosierdaddy and the likes..who offer sound advice that you toss aside to trust tour fuckin eye..lol..we all know our eyes can't see the usable light spectrum that our plants need to thrive..I hope you've grown up in the recent years lol. I feel like a kid for saying all this.

Latest posts

Latest posts