What's new

Music for the 4/20 Cup....Who can we get?

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

Chamba

but what about music for those not caught in a 70's music time-wrap?

....lol...though it must be difficult to please everyone, esp as there will be a mix of 20, 30 & 40 y.o.'s attending

who's gonna be the MC?

Harry Gypsna

Dirty hippy Bastard
Veteran
Gypsy, Ive got a syggestion for something nice and chilled for the wee small hours when every1 wants to get off the cieling lol....
A mate of howard marks who goes by the name of Lux...I got his CD called Northern Lights, im sure you could find a copy mate togive it a listen o9r get in touch... Its really nice and chilled, great for as was mentioned something mellow in the background...and with track titles like Northern lights, Nepalese Mustang , Slate, White widow,Sativa,Indica and Holding angels....i think it could be right up the right alley for something mellow. try to hunt it down mate or maybe u already know the dude??
some nice /dub would be cool too....
Have you considered maybe having some comedy?? Im not talking roy chbby brown or anything but im sure a bit of comedy wouldnt be amiss....

Last edited:
G

Have you considered maybe having some comedy?? Im not talking roy chbby brown or anything but im sure a bit of comedy wouldnt be amiss....

That's your job, Harry! Another reason to go LOL. I know, I'm cheeky! :D

gaiusmarius

me
Veteran
sounds like a fun band Harry G, make sure you bring the cd along m8, lol.

i wonder who the live acts are gonna be ? the seed would be totaly awsome, maybe they'll come if they know its a growers cup lol.

Gypsy Nirvana

Recalcitrant Reprobate -
Administrator
Veteran
.....Just been in contact with the theatrical agent and its on for ....U2 and The Eagles on the tuesday night.......Red Hot Chilli Bastards on the wednesday and AC-DC and Deep Purple tribute bands on the thursday......unless something comes up to throw a spanner in the works.....

....That leaves us a slot on wednesday for some other sort of entertainment.....Hmmmm......now can we get a good comedian/juggler/ventriloquist/escapologist...........or maybe just snow white and the seven dwarfs on acid?

Harry Gypsna

Dirty hippy Bastard
Veteran
trouble is if we wanted strippers we would have to agree tio both sexes to keep things fair, and i really dont want to be flying to holland to look at some dudes posing pouch lol....

G

Gypsy Nirvana said:
.....Just been in contact with the theatrical agent and its on for ....U2 and The Eagles on the tuesday night.......Red Hot Chilli Bastards on the wednesday and AC-DC and Deep Purple tribute bands on the thursday......unless something comes up to throw a spanner in the works.....

....That leaves us a slot on wednesday for some other sort of entertainment.....Hmmmm......now can we get a good comedian/juggler/ventriloquist/escapologist...........or maybe just snow white and the seven dwarfs on acid?

Great job :woohoo: - this hopefully assures some good nightly stoner entertainment / it may not reach all of us - but most of us are boomers & grew up with those bands / I once saw a AC/DC copy band that was better musically than the band it's self /

FWIW - I have played in bands that have copied all of the above cept U2 (years ago – I write all my own now)

DrLongbottom

Veteran
Rumors are heating up of a Phish reunion later this year. Gypsy send em some samples and bring them out of retirement early in A-dam for the cup! D.L.

sunnyside

Plant Manager
Veteran
Gypsy Nirvana said:
....The bands will play in the evenings starting at around 8-9pm......

....during the day we plan to have much more ambient music as a background to being able to socialize and network....

:fukyeah: Starting to get excited...and we still have 4 months to go lol

Gypsy Nirvana

Recalcitrant Reprobate -
Administrator
Veteran
....I still have one slot to fill on the thursday night before 'The Red Hot Chilli Bastards'.......so I am still up for suggestions........maybe a comedian.....or a magician........or a juggler.......or a clown.........or a FULL-BLOWN DWARF KAREOKE POLE DANCING ON PHILOSOPHERS STONES!!

G

DANCING ON PHILOSOPHERS STONES!!

That a newfangled strain you have available at SeedBoutique, Gypsy?

I'd like to dance on some philosopher's stones myself :biglaugh:

JohnBudd

Illusionists are cool. How'd they do that?

JB covers his crotch and imagines stomping on his stones!OUCH!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.