What's new

Music for the 4/20 Cup....Who can we get?

Status
Not open for further replies.

truecannabliss

TrueCanna Genetics - Selection is art
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
trichomefarmer said:
Reggae ganja tunes. hahmmm DJ Jahnice
:woohoo:

what about the cuban hip hop band ORISHAS they live in Amsterdam?

there is a german reggae band called seeed, they are very good party music.

Im very much with you on the music side of things, excellent suggestions.
Peace

Jahminded

Weed with Willie...."I'll never smoke weed with Willie again....." Toby Keith

That would be amazing....to have Willie there and actually have a chance to smoke with him. I'm stoked its even a consideration. Cant wait. I hae total confidence in the music choices....whichever they are.

Jahminded

SneakySneaky

Veteran
headman420 said:
Jammin'

Blueground Undergrass
David Grisman Quintet
Ekoostik Hookah
Galactic
Gov't Mule
Karl Denson's Tiny Universe
Little Feat
moe.
Phil Lesh & Friends
Proto-Kaw Feat. Kerry Livgren
The String Cheese Incident
Umphrey's McGee
Widespread Panic

ive seen all but Proto-Kaw it would be slammin to get

Keller Williams
Particle
Khaki King
De La Soul
MoFro
North Mississippi Allstars
Sound Tribe Sector 9
The Benevento Brothers Duo
New Monsoon
The Dead
Donna The Buffalo

ill shut up now i can go for a while....i hope there will be good tunes to listen too...hooray for a 4:20 cup

Alex-F

Traktor driver
Veteran
trichomefarmer said:
Reggae ganja tunes. hahmmm DJ Jahnice
:woohoo:

what about the cuban hip hop band ORISHAS they live in Amsterdam?

there is a german reggae band called seeed, they are very good party music.

Seen Seeed twice this year and allready have tickets for the February concert :woohoo: :woohoo:

Gypsy I'm on it with regards to the Breaks night for us young'uns :wink:

G

well like gn said, time is getting short. musical acts need to be booked many months in advance. so it is time to s**t or get off the bowl or the only entertainment will be thumpah and his drum!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

gaiusmarius

me
Veteran
to be honest i don't think expensive entertainment is nessecary. not all the time anyway. what you need is a dj who understands, that people want to talk and hear eachother, many will meet for the first time in the flesh, others will enjoy a rare oportunity to chat with old friends. so i would like to have laid back music not too loud, for at least some of the time. a star atraction is cool too, but there is no need to go overbord in my opinion.

for laid back socializing and toking my vote goes to dj janice too.

peace
gm

G

good idea, 2 nights fo chill and good times and the last night a rock n roll blowout

Farmer John

Born to be alive.
Veteran
I thought that Anouk was from Norway, lmao. :D

Ok, so headman has some nice artists on his list, I'd be happy to see any of them but mostly probably maybe it would be Willie Nelson (acoustic gig @ Grey Area, all 5 people fit in lmao) or Phil & Friends, but there are manymanymany good artists here in europe too and I see no reason why there should be that much of American music anyway, we are in EU after all...but thats just my O, maybe Shpongle? Ishq? I would love some chill music, and definately not any stinking nightclub reggae artists.

LOL

to be honest, breaks and techno aren't the best choice when you are trying to get relaxed/high..not to say i hate it ,just that most of it sounds like an alarm , that wont ever stop or at least change a beat..sorry alex f..i do enjoy it sometimes.
trichome's friend had a great music selection.. i think she was playing dub/ reggae ...is she available? anyhow, no matter what the music , im sure gypsy will pick a great band/dj...you could play brittney spears i would be happy.. :yoinks:

trichomefarmer

re-loading
Veteran
aw geez, thanks alot! that is nice to hear. yes i will be there and i will play some nice relaxing dubs and new roots style reggae in a ganja theme. i realize that people do not travel half way around the world to have their conversation drowned out by aggressive entertainers! thanks for the support! selector jahnice (tf's girlfriend)

gaiusmarius

me
Veteran
thats great news Jahnice, i'm sure you'll be a success. specialy with those wicked mj turn table mats you have lol, not to forget your superior sound colection. so its good to hear you'll be selecting the sounds for some of the 420 hapenings. :tup:

Gypsy Nirvana

Recalcitrant Reprobate -
Administrator
Veteran
Looks like we might have AC/DC......Deep Purple......U2.....The Eagles......The Red Hot Chilli Bastards and Bon Jovi!.......6 BANDS ON 3 NIGHTS!!!

.....ALL TRIBUTE BANDS!! LOL!

.....we are going to ROCK THE HOUSE!

...*just trying to finalize details.......The Stones.........Elvis and Pink Floyd could'nt make it this year......

tragic1

Hey Gypsy.

How about The Wailers? I have their tour managers number if your intrested.

Also if your gonna try some cover bands, Look into Badfish. They are a Sublime tribute band and they are awesome.

truecannabliss

TrueCanna Genetics - Selection is art
Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I hope the performers are not too overpowering at the event becuase to be honest not one single one of them interests me, i think its fair to say theat they all kinda fit under one umberella and it aint one im into....im now a little concerned about having my converstion drowned out by constant performances ive no interest in....... sorry to throw any degree of negativity but im really not feeling any of those bands, aint none of em gonna get me vibing.
Peace

Gypsy Nirvana

Recalcitrant Reprobate -
Administrator
Veteran
....The bands will play in the evenings starting at around 8-9pm......

....during the day we plan to have much more ambient music as a background to being able to socialize and network....

Status
Not open for further replies.