What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Murdakaii C99 Stealth Dresser Grow

20/4

Marijuana Enthusiast
Veteran
The one furthest to the left looks healthiest for sure. Even though it's the smallest.

Also the youngest, that one is from batch 2. although I've very impressed with the furthest right one because of its ability to bounce back from a deficeny and still thrive...gonna be a close call between those two. Need to see which one has more THC and smells better.

Murdakaii

Alright, I'm loving these things. They have been looking really good, starting to get really bushy and the newer tops are starting to make their way on up. Probably done with lst at this point unless they start to give me more problems. Will be upping the bloom nutrient dose next watering.

October 19: Around day 35 from seed
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

20/4

Marijuana Enthusiast
Veteran
I'm REALLY loving how that last one looks! 0-0

Looks like a couple still have some stretch left in them!

Last edited:
Hell yeah, they have more than doubled in size sense I last checked, they should triple in size once flowering starts so they should keep growing

CreekSide

Man, that is what stealth is all about. I'm currently in the preparation stage of redoing my dresser's innards for my second attempt at it. My first I used some cfls, but I'm ready to step up to the big-ger. I want to expand to a better setup eventually by utilizing a whole closet with a 400hps. I'm looking into a 150w hps.
Question: Does it have it's ballast built in or require you to purchase it separate? There's not much info that I could get about 150 w hps yields.
My first grow with the cfls was dissapointing, but I had very little patience on the other hand and I couldn't help myself and harvested almost the whole crop. All of 2.5 ozes, but the little bit of self control that allowed me the power of properly drying and curing for 5 weeks, about a t/4 oz of it was great.
Anyway, I'm going to be following along. I can't wait to see the result.

Murdakaii

Man, that is what stealth is all about. I'm currently in the preparation stage of redoing my dresser's innards for my second attempt at it. My first I used some cfls, but I'm ready to step up to the big-ger. I want to expand to a better setup eventually by utilizing a whole closet with a 400hps. I'm looking into a 150w hps.
Question: Does it have it's ballast built in or require you to purchase it separate? There's not much info that I could get about 150 w hps yields.
My first grow with the cfls was dissapointing, but I had very little patience on the other hand and I couldn't help myself and harvested almost the whole crop. All of 2.5 ozes, but the little bit of self control that allowed me the power of properly drying and curing for 5 weeks, about a t/4 oz of it was great.
Anyway, I'm going to be following along. I can't wait to see the result.
Great to have you onboard! Yeah I'm thinking we went as big as we could go for everything being inside the dresser i have haha. So good luck on your second attempt! As for the 150 watt hps, the one i'm using has an external magnetic ballast which is great because i can keep the magnent outside the dresser to keep the heat down. I dont think you could go much bigger light wise without a cool tube and excellent air flow and ventilation. And as far as yield goes my friend used the same light I'm using for two years through a perpetual grow and got pretty good yields for it only being a 150 watt although he did mostly grow autos so i'm not sure how that effects the yield to be honest as im still a newbie.

Murdakaii

looks as though u went to flower a little fast ,
not ideal conditions ,
so i think the yield will suffer greatly unfortunately ,
i hope they perk up a little as they flower,
the leaf seems very small ,
is there enough light??

Hey donald, not sure if you've seen the recent picture but do you think they're starting to look more optimal based on your knowledge of the strain? I think they're starting to look much better, though there still may be some underlying issues.

early_bird

Veteran
Wow, nice work, looking good :)
The C99 tends to stretch extreme, flower them after 20 days (25cm length) and they can end up one meter or even more in the end. (sometimes grown 7 cm a day!)

So, i think it was a very good idea to switch to 12/12 so early.

20/4

Marijuana Enthusiast
Veteran
I'm looking into a 150w hps.

All 150 watt HP's systems I have saw have ballast with them. I would look for external ballast if you can find one, I have both 150hps internal and external and 150 watt HP's with external is much cooler, and hood is lighter. As for yield, it will obviously depend, the single largest yield I've got from a 150 is 112 grams and that was autos... I think with little effort 2 ounces is doable. 3-4 ounces is a good estimate ...

Wow, nice work, looking good :)
The C99 tends to stretch extreme, flower them after 20 days (25cm length) and they can end up one meter or even more in the end. (sometimes grown 7 cm a day!)

So, i think it was a very good idea to switch to 12/12 so early.

I agree, c99 is a great 12/12 strain. Especially with a small light, smaller plants are better, more dense bottom buds VS 2-3 ft tall plants.

Great job murda! Gonna be some fire smoke!

Murdakaii

Alright, so we have the good camera back in action tonight so here are some pictures that were taken of the girls! Lst has made the inner branches explode which is excellent, it's getting bushy in there.

October 21: Day 37 from seed

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

RB26

Vendor
Veteran
Big differences, things are starting to look awesome! What are you plans for the C99 males?

Murdakaii

Big differences, things are starting to look awesome! What are you plans for the C99 males?

For sure! We are going to keep our best male for pollen and isolate and pollinate one of the buds on our best female so we have ourselves a nice batch of seeds in our inventory, given this strain seems to be fairly uncommon at the moment. And with the reviews and smoke reports of this strain I'm sure we're going to want to go another round with it at some point in the future!

RB26

Vendor
Veteran
For sure! We are going to keep our best male for pollen and isolate and pollinate one of the buds on our best female so we have ourselves a nice batch of seeds in our inventory, given this strain seems to be fairly uncommon at the moment. And with the reviews and smoke reports of this strain I'm sure we're going to want to go another round with it at some point in the future!

Do you not want to just take cuttings, or are you trying to start from seed for phenotype selection?

Is this the Mosca cut? My seeds just arrived today, I'm really excited to start hunting and implement a few test plants.

20/4

Marijuana Enthusiast
Veteran
Do you not want to just take cuttings, or are you trying to start from seed for phenotype selection?

Is this the Mosca cut? My seeds just arrived today, I'm really excited to start hunting and implement a few test plants.

We are not making clones at this time or keeping a mother, just stocking up on seeds for the future and friends ;).

These are wallyduck c99 f6s, wally duck chose for the pineapple pheno(arguably most potent and best tasting)
These were made from original bros Grimm c99

Supposed to be vey stable uniform in both taste and potency.

RB26

Vendor
Veteran
We are not making clones at this time or keeping a mother, just stocking up on seeds for the future and friends ;).

These are wallyduck c99 f6s, wally duck chose for the pineapple pheno(arguably most potent and best tasting)
These were made from original bros Grimm c99

Supposed to be vey stable uniform in both taste and potency.

Interesting, can you speak to where you obtained the seeds? I'd be interested in running this along side my Mosca cut to see the difference.

20/4

Marijuana Enthusiast
Veteran
Interesting, can you speak to where you obtained the seeds? I'd be interested in running this along side my Mosca cut to see the difference.

I got them from a close friend. They were on seedbay 5 years or so ago...