What's new

Moving to Colorado... Talk to me, people!

DreamsofTesla

Veteran
Wow Tesla. The prices here in co, even pre-med, were never that steep.

I'd be sayin shit like "I have a $100 dollar a day weed habit" at those rates. (and then there's my hash habit...LOL)

No doubt, you need to move to the land of Plenty.

Yeah, no question. It's only mid-grade anyway, I've had much, much better weed. Reading the thread about how it is in Seattle nowadays, that was truly painful. Really looking forward to my CO recon mission this summer.

My own crop should be coming in in about a month, at least the first phase of it. I'll be looking into rapid curing methods.

<3 Tesla

MPL

I feel for ya. That sounds about like my current and very temporary situation.

At least the mexibrick I can very occasionally get (after waiting a week) is only $5/g. I now have a stack of bagseed I'm going to throw in the woods come spring.

Hell, I do. Haven't had any smoke in months, can't afford it. I can only get one flavor here, don't know what strain it is. The high is OK, lasts about 2 hours, then I need a nap. $65 for an 1/8, drive 45 minutes each way.

Other than that it's awesome, totally

P.S. My PTSD is totally fucked up right now.

<3 Tesla

DreamsofTesla

Veteran
I feel for ya. That sounds about like my current and very temporary situation.

At least the mexibrick I can very occasionally get (after waiting a week) is only $5/g. I now have a stack of bagseed I'm going to throw in the woods come spring.

Do you know how to make seed bombs? Or are you talking a guerilla grow where you're going to go back and check on it?

MPL

Not sure what a seedbomb is exactly, though I have some ideas just from the word...

Nope not doing any kind of guerilla growing. Just hoping that the seeds grow up, mature, have sex and drop more seeds. Overgrow!

:)

Do you know how to make seed bombs? Or are you talking a guerilla grow where you're going to go back and check on it?

DreamsofTesla

Veteran
Not sure what a seedbomb is exactly, though I have some ideas just from the word...

Nope not doing any kind of guerilla growing. Just hoping that the seeds grow up, mature, have sex and drop more seeds. Overgrow!

:)

https://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=112582

Suggested locations: lawns outside police stations, city hall, public parks. Along roadways that don't get mowed that often. Vacant lots in cities. Anywhere that will stick a middle finger to the prohibitionists.

:dance013:

monsoon

I fully understand the earthship concept. I also understand how labor-intensive/what a specialty build it is and how much of a niche' market they exist in if you want to resell one.
Fortunately, we have the means to choose >whatever< construction we want to go with. We are focusing on small, efficient, and built with as many reclaimed/recycled products as possible. We saw a company in Austin Tx that does reclaimed buildings that were way cool.

DreamsofTesla

Veteran
I fully understand the earthship concept. I also understand how labor-intensive/what a specialty build it is and how much of a niche' market they exist in if you want to resell one.
Fortunately, we have the means to choose >whatever< construction we want to go with. We are focusing on small, efficient, and built with as many reclaimed/recycled products as possible. We saw a company in Austin Tx that does reclaimed buildings that were way cool.

It is very labor intensive/high pain in the butt to build an earthship. Do you have a link for the Austin thing?

delta9nxs

No Jive Productions
Veteran
I think all of that is already answered in the thread.

If not, you could try looking up the law itself.

Full text of A64

There ya go

:tiphat:

you think wrong, grasshopper, it is not all already answered in this thread. maybe it's all answered somewhere else?

i've read the law and it's not real clear on detail. i was just wondering if someone had later info. they do mention that there will be further regulation.

have a nice day!

MPL

I'm not a grasshopper. More of a peacock. :peacock:

Looks like Barnyard covered your questions though, so I guess it's in the thread now. lol

:D

you think wrong, grasshopper, it is not all already answered in this thread. maybe it's all answered somewhere else?

i've read the law and it's not real clear on detail. i was just wondering if someone had later info. they do mention that there will be further regulation.

have a nice day!

monsoon

the 6 plant limit. are there any limits or regulations about how one grows those six plants?

lights, floor space, indoors, outdoors, combinations of the two.

what about the issue of clones? when is a cutting a plant?

also, where will you get plants? will there be a clone trade?

possession limits? what happens if you grow too much?

is there any source of info from the state on these matters? i can't find anything yet.

it's going to be a fascinating social experiment for sure!

live free!

The 6 plants must be grown indoors, in a locked facility out of public view and access.

A plant is a plant when it gets roots. However, if you get a visit and have 200 cuts on hand things may be a bit sketchy. All of this will need to be tested by the stupid to see where it all goes:laughing:

No word on clones/genetic availability. when med first came about here the State had nothing to do with clones/seeds. Now they basically own the med industry. My guess is that clones will be traded by friends..as they are now/have been forever here.

You can keep all your 3 plants in flower can produce, you just can't leave your home with it. 1 oz in transport is allowed and you best have that locked in your trunk or the roadside tests may come up.
So you really can't grow too much, unless that is, you have more than 3 in flower, and then you can be CHARGED with one or more felonies. Remember, it's only legal to have 6 plants. anyhting above that is just like growwing without Amendment 64. Like the med law YOU MUST BE IN COMPLIANCE TO BE IN GOOD STANDING. Not in good standing? Then you don't get to tap the areas of the law that have legal PROTECTIONS. Simple stuff. (for some..LOL)

The State page you were linked to spells out most of it. BASICALLY... the State wants you to grow your 6...and KEEP IT AT HOME, or BUY WEED FROM THEM. This law wasn't passed as a mechanism for average folks to make $$...or as a draw to bring folks here to start a business (fat chance with the laws) or any other aspect of making bank off this law. It's about private use and a VERY limited offering of licenses for public retail sale.

things WILL change. They will change beyween now and the time the regs are enacted, and they WILL change AFTER it is all enacted, just about the time folks think they have they system figured out.

AND, the FED still needs to weigh in on all of it. This entire "industry" could easily be shot down by the words "This isn't gonna fly" or via some well orchestrated busts, which would send the 'licensed" cockroaches of this state scurrying. (We can only hope).

delta9nxs

No Jive Productions
Veteran
The 6 plants must be grown indoors, in a locked facility out of public view and access.

A plant is a plant when it gets roots. However, if you get a visit and have 200 cuts on hand things may be a bit sketchy. All of this will need to be tested by the stupid to see where it all goes:laughing:

No word on clones/genetic availability. when med first came about here the State had nothing to do with clones/seeds. Now they basically own the med industry. My guess is that clones will be traded by friends..as they are now/have been forever here.

You can keep all your 3 plants in flower can produce, you just can't leave your home with it. 1 oz in transport is allowed and you best have that locked in your trunk or the roadside tests may come up.
So you really can't grow too much, unless that is, you have more than 3 in flower, and then you can be CHARGED with one or more felonies. Remember, it's only legal to have 6 plants. anyhting above that is just like growwing without Amendment 64. Like the med law YOU MUST BE IN COMPLIANCE TO BE IN GOOD STANDING. Not in good standing? Then you don't get to tap the areas of the law that have legal PROTECTIONS. Simple stuff. (for some..LOL)

The State page you were linked to spells out most of it. BASICALLY... the State wants you to grow your 6...and KEEP IT AT HOME, or BUY WEED FROM THEM. This law wasn't passed as a mechanism for average folks to make $$...or as a draw to bring folks here to start a business (fat chance with the laws) or any other aspect of making bank off this law. It's about private use and a VERY limited offering of licenses for public retail sale.

things WILL change. They will change beyween now and the time the regs are enacted, and they WILL change AFTER it is all enacted, just about the time folks think they have they system figured out.

AND, the FED still needs to weigh in on all of it. This entire "industry" could easily be shot down by the words "This isn't gonna fly" or via some well orchestrated busts, which would send the 'licensed" cockroaches of this state scurrying. (We can only hope).

thank you very much! i understand that this is an unfolding scenario and details are being finalized, i'm just trying to keep up with it.

i have been involved, one way or another, with cannabis for all of my adult life. i started using at 15. i'm 62 now and i would love to see what it is like to not live in fear with a high level of stress just for growing.

monsoon

Growing without fear is a good thing. It's too bad that so many out there in other states (and CO as well) only see the "money" side of all of this. Folks bitch the Gov't/Obama "lied" and are coming down too hard, but they ignore that this is the first time the Federal Gov't has EVER placed a seal of approval on folks medicating/growing at home. For a grower like me who grew long before med/it was "safe", such news is huge.

I hope you find sanctuary soon

LubdaNugs

Veteran
thank you very much! i understand that this is an unfolding scenario and details are being finalized, i'm just trying to keep up with it.

i have been involved, one way or another, with cannabis for all of my adult life. i started using at 15. i'm 62 now and i would love to see what it is like to not live in fear with a high level of stress just for growing.

If, like me, you stay within the state limits it is very comfortable. The ability to provide for one's self and friends without fear of persecution is great.

Avinash.miles

Caregiver Extraordinaire
ICMag Donor
Veteran
^^^ :yeahthats

also what monsoon said is all true, except that the 6 plant thing is per adult in the house....... leaving lots of room to grow a more..... comfortable amount of plants.

delta9nxs

No Jive Productions
Veteran
"I hope you find sanctuary soon"

thank you, bro! i recently, within 3 years, witnessed a 19 yr old fresh out of high school, get sentenced to 5 years in the state pen for selling 1 oz to an undercover state narc. the kid was 18 at the time of the sale and still in high school. the narc was 27 and was put in the school as a student for over a year to bust people selling. this is in the deepest south.

he shouldn't have been selling but no prior history and 5 years?

"If, like me, you stay within the state limits it is very comfortable. The ability to provide for one's self and friends without fear of persecution is great."

i have no intention of breaking the law in such a liberal atmosphere. the lawbreakers have the potential to ruin it for all. you don't want that "see, i told you so" backlash.

"also what monsoon said is all true, except that the 6 plant thing is per adult in the house....... leaving lots of room to grow a more..... comfortable amount of plants."

hey, avinash! so that's 12 right there. also, i'm a former terminal cancer patient who got a liver transplant to survive, and still have hep c with all that entails so i could probably get a medical status. chronic pain. i get muscle spasms without cannabis and do not get them with it, a very clear cut difference.

what is the opinion locally about the longevity of the current medical program? will it survive?

DreamsofTesla

Veteran

I know, right? Is that so much to ask? WTF? I first smoked at 12, that would've been 1977, and have smoked every chance I got since then. NOW we have research that it's actually the best thing for my PTSD (duh, I could've told them that) when for years I was told it made my symptoms worse.

The stupidity of the control bullshit drives me nuts. I can't wait for a whole new lifestyle.

<3 Tesla

monsoon

Medical marijuana is a part of the Colorado state Constitution, just as Recreational MJ is a part of the Colorado constitution. It will take a wide swing in public opinion and a majority vote of the People here to end the MJ/MMJ policies here. However, as we saw with MMJ and the dispensaries, which were not a part of our original MMJ law, there can always be legislative changes/additions/ommissions to the parameters surroundiing these laws and those changes do NOT need a vote of the People. "Backlash" is highly possible if restraint is absent from the Amendment 64 mix and problems arise.

delta9nxs

No Jive Productions
Veteran
Medical marijuana is a part of the Colorado state Constitution, just as Recreational MJ is a part of the Colorado constitution. It will take a wide swing in public opinion and a majority vote of the People here to end the MJ/MMJ policies here. However, as we saw with MMJ and the dispensaries, which were not a part of our original MMJ law, there can always be legislative changes/additions/ommissions to the parameters surroundiing these laws and those changes do NOT need a vote of the People. "Backlash" is highly possible if restraint is absent from the Amendment 64 mix and problems arise.

"Medical marijuana is a part of the Colorado state Constitution, just as Recreational MJ is a part of the Colorado constitution."

i like the way y'all conduct the affairs of government up there! what a refreshing new concept this exercising your rights is!

DreamsofTesla

Veteran
"Medical marijuana is a part of the Colorado state Constitution, just as Recreational MJ is a part of the Colorado constitution."

i like the way y'all conduct the affairs of government up there! what a refreshing new concept this exercising your rights is!

I swear. Sounds so refreshing it's worth all the bullshit of selling my house, packing, and moving across country.

<3 Tesla

MPL

Take all this to heart, for he speaks the truth!

Especially the part about change and the feds.

Latest posts

Latest posts