What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Moving to Colorado... Talk to me, people!

Mr. Brown

So it looks like I'll finally be moving to the Denver area come spring. :dance013: (Been planning since well before the elections, BTW.)

Anyhow, I'm not bringing with me any grandiose notions of wealth; I'm aware the prohibitive costs and scale of becoming a legal grower, etc, and I'm not looking to take over the black market.

So, it's saturated. I get that. But realistically, how easily would I be able to unload a few oz's a month? And at what price? I'm talking top quality "name brand" organic nuggets...

Mr. Brown

Yes. Really. Someone else is moving from a less tolerant to one that is more tolerant.

That's "lol" funny to you?

I'm trying to get a feel for the climate is all, and how that's going to differ from what I'm used to. You don't have to be a dick about it. :rolleyes:

Mr. Brown

I think you misread my post as you clearly misinferred the gist. But anyway, what's your point? Is MJ free in CO? People give it away? Nobody sells it? People don't buy it? Jesus Christ, dude, I don't get why you're so put off...then again, you're not exactly articulate or friendly, so I don't really care. I don't have to grow more than I personally need, but in most places, folks appreciate the opportunity to get some superbly grown organics, so I do grow a bit more than I need. And no, I don't give it away but I do give great deals to a few good friends.

"Sick life?" WTF EVAH!

HOPS5K

Lover of Life
Veteran
dude, I know a few towns that would love to have you. always need new workers and stuff I guess so people come and go but weed is always here and always sells. go to the small mountain towns by colorado springs..cool places man.

Mr. Brown

dude, I know a few towns that would love to have you. always need new workers and stuff I guess so people come and go but weed is always here and always sells. go to the small mountain towns by colorado springs..cool places man.

Yay, some positivity! :thank you:

I've been rocking organic soil for over 10 years and it's all a labor of love.. I know that has to be welcome somewhere.

I though CO Springs was a more conservative, religious area, no?

Other passions besides cannabis are pulling me toward Denver...

HOPS5K

Lover of Life
Veteran
denver can be ghetto and apartments run on the expensive side in most parts of Colorado..well over 1K for rent a month...electricity to run is kinda pricey, but other than that, it's all gravy dude. tons of cute girls too ;)

people pay 200 or less a z, about 3k a p or less and there are many
many options

i lived in three diff places all around 6-8 hundred a month in boulder i would not say 1k plus is the norm unless you want a house then yea but even still 3-4 bedroom houses dont excede much more than 8 or so per bedroom, hell i copped a 5 bedroom house for 8 months in boulder for 1550 cuz it was in the off season
denver has plenty of affordable options as well dont be fooled
but dont expect to pick up a big custy basis esp after u first move out, takes a bit before you can start convincing people to chose you over all the other options lol but just my .02

Hydro-Soil

Veteran
Run a light... or 2 if the electricity isn't too much for you.

Eat it, smoke it, throw parties, hand out cookies and brownies... make money teaching folks how to grow it. Get a collection of processing equipment and process everyone else's stuff. Look into non-cannabis ways to work in the cannabis industry.

You may make less, the work will be steady though and not fluctuate as rapidly as market prices will.

Give it another day and we'll see another thread on this same subject. Get used to it for the next 6 months or so. lol

Stay Safe! :blowbubbles:

Mr. Brown

Sweet, good info guys, thanks!

~200/oz is kind of what I was expecting but didn't know for sure.

I'm not looking to make a living in the MJ industry, I have other means of support, but if I find that to be a possibility I will go with it. I'm still trying to determine how much of my current setup to bring - can I reasonably make use of all of it or if I should just bring enough to cover my own head. I have a few lights and a couple tents as it is.

I'd love to design and build personal grow rooms for people, actually, and teach them how produce their own top quality organics. Teach a man to fish....

Boulder would be wonderful but everything I've seen there is silly expensive. I'm looking to rent out a 2-3BR house. I expect I will land in one of the burbs between Denver and Boulder.

Also I'm compiling a list of areas NOT to live, so if anyone has anything to add to that....from what I've hears so far - Glendale, Cherry Creek, East Colfax, West Colfax...

HOPS5K

Lover of Life
Veteran
hope to see you and your buds out in the mountains dude..just hit up the slopes for tons of people who smoke on the daily.

Colorado, other than Maine, may be the hardest place to break into in the US IMO.

You can easily meet and sell to shady tards with sideways CO Nuggets hats who say "know what I'm saying?" after every 8 words, boasting 3 felony convictions and rims that say "pull me over" just like anywhere else...but we all know how that'll end up.

Yes, there are hoards of middle class friendly mountain folk who love good herb, but you don't know what the term "closed community" means until you move to small town CO. Yes there are friendly small towns everywhere in CO but will they be friendly to out of staters looking to sell pot? Come on guys, I'm all for positivity too but my real world experience says this is a good way to get popped, ostracized and or otherwise dissapointed.

IMO here is the difficult to accept cold reality of selling pot in the United States for folks who aren't already connected: you need to meet one guy. Just one, who can buy product on the regular, move shit out of state and deal with the middling, or you can get very, very lucky and engross yourself in a small network (almost impossible as an outsider,) If you meet or know "that guy" you can live anywhere. Trying to start a network as a new guy is so unbelievably difficult for people who aren't either A) connected to a sketchy network of wanna-be gangsters that will usually end in snitching, violence and or prison OR B) Incredibly socially skilled OR C) lucky as all hell.

...Or you can sell to the most obvious stoners in town and get popped within 6 months.

I got lucky and met cool people in CO. I don't sell, I prefer a day job these days, but I could if I wanted to. I can masturbate myself and tell you how awesome I was at getting in the right crowd but the truth is it was about luck.

The odds are against you and I'm sorry that I don't have any "just do this and you'll be fine" kind of advice. I have no hate for people who wish to move here and sell, it's an honorable way to make a living. "Natives" who claim its their turf can talk to the Native Americans after licking my pee-pee.

Fuck the haters. Best of luck in your journey. After taking it all in I don't think CO is all it's made out to be by most people, it certainly makes no sense at all from a cost of living perspective IMO, but there are way, way worse places to be.

PLEASE go to Colorado they need a guy just like you!

Why make posts like this?

Do you think you're better than him because you grow pot in the place you grew up or lived in a long time?

This "I've been here a while bro, I'm connected like an O.G" shit is so embarrassing.

This is real life business, not The Wire.

Sorry for the negative post I just hate coming across this shit, it's a cancer to the cannabis community in medical states. There is nothing wrong with pursuing your dreams and selling good pot at a fair price is a worthwhile dream.

haha i love how i tell the truth and someone didnt find it helpful

i guess the truth does hurt for some people, i love how many useless fucks this site has aquired over there years, it never keeps growing!

do your thing bro and im sure eventually ull be doin just fine providing your own and for some others, and so much of the herb in co is overblown with ferts and not trimmed right, half the shit clubs sell i wouldnt smoke, its really not that hard to make urs shine with a lil extra effort, but god forbid people actually give you advice on here lol smh