What's new

Moving to Colorado... Talk to me, people!

MPL

I was under the impression monsoon wanted to go into business in CO.

I don't think a red card will be relevant for much longer considering A64. I do think they'll be keeping the badge requirements around though.

if you are just growing for yourself or as a private caregiver you dont need the badge. just your red card (doctors approval & application paperwork, sent into state w state fee, red card comes in several weeks)

delta9nxs

No Jive Productions
Veteran
the 6 plant limit. are there any limits or regulations about how one grows those six plants?

lights, floor space, indoors, outdoors, combinations of the two.

what about the issue of clones? when is a cutting a plant?

also, where will you get plants? will there be a clone trade?

possession limits? what happens if you grow too much?

is there any source of info from the state on these matters? i can't find anything yet.

it's going to be a fascinating social experiment for sure!

live free!

MPL

I think all of that is already answered in the thread.

If not, you could try looking up the law itself.

Full text of A64

There ya go

:tiphat:

the 6 plant limit. are there any limits or regulations about how one grows those six plants?

is there any source of info from the state on these matters? i can't find anything yet.

live free!

barnyard

a fascinating social experiement indeed...

a fascinating social experiement indeed...

live free!

~Looks like outdoor growing has been nipped in the in the bud and the MJ task force is now stipulating an indoor, enclosed and locked location. Mostly to keep weed out of the hands of children. But if you're indoor, inclosed and locked there's no limit on the size of the plants. You can have as much weed as you want at home but can only hold a zip if you're traveling

~no pot cafes or smoking establishments

~sale to non-residents OK

~you can give plants and weed away but can't accept anything in return (at least not formally).

~You can have 6 plants total but only 3 in the flowering stage.

~I would think a cutting would be considered a plant since its going to be a plant but I haven't seen anything specific on that yet

~oh, and people like Mr. B are going to need better manners before they are allowed in the state (j/k)

hope that helps!

Last edited:

monsoon

I was under the impression monsoon wanted to go into business in CO.

I don't think a red card will be relevant for much longer considering A64. I do think they'll be keeping the badge requirements around though.

Lemme clarify.

NO guys. Not looking to go into business. There's no real money in weed anymore. I made mine over the last 2 decades before med came to the state. :laughing: Things were great til Holder said it was safe and everyone else joined in. I've been a working guy my entire life putting back a good pension and making good investments, and the garden has always been on the side. Now it's time to buy a farm, kick back, and grow some huge hedges and mega veggies for the wife and I.
I want nothing to do with commercial weed. We're both long-time med patients with an 18 count each so we can do some serious gardening

And there's why our cards are relevant. 18 plants and a 8 ounce allowable transport for each card. Combine that with our rights to keep all we grow under 64 and the possibility that we can add another 6 each for being regular folks as well and needless to say we will be growing BIG :dance013:

BUT it's not all about growing pot. Shit, that's just second nature stuff after over 20 years of doing it. We're basically looking to drop out of the rat race.

MPL

Gotcha.

And yes.

:D

Lemme clarify.

NO guys. Not looking to go into business. There's no real money in weed anymore. I made mine over the last 2 decades before med came to the state. :laughing: Things were great til Holder said it was safe and everyone else joined in. I've been a working guy my entire life putting back a good pension and making good investments, and the garden has always been on the side. Now it's time to buy a farm, kick back, and grow some huge hedges and mega veggies for the wife and I.
I want nothing to do with commercial weed. We're both long-time med patients with an 18 count each so we can do some serious gardening

And there's why our cards are relevant. 18 plants and a 8 ounce allowable transport for each card. Combine that with our rights to keep all we grow under 64 and the possibility that we can add another 6 each for being regular folks as well and needless to say we will be growing BIG :dance013:

Anybody have any cash to go in on 80 acres? :ying:

DreamsofTesla

Veteran
Lemme clarify.

Anybody have any cash to go in on 80 acres? :ying:

Hell yeah, Monsoon! Go get'em. That does bring you back to the water question, though. If you look into an earthship type design where you're recycling your water, with your garden enclosed in a naturally climate controlled part of the house, well the mind boggles.

I might could go in some once I sell my house. My big two concerns are again, no fracking and more progressive area politically.

<3 Tesla

Hydro-Soil

Veteran
there's no combining, you're medical or you're under amendment 64.
Yeah... so retarded. WTF were they thinking?

Why do you need so much weed monsoon?
Are you kidding? Really?

You can NEVER have too much weed. If you think you have too much, you're not processing and gifting it properly.
TONS of people don't know how or don't have the time/resources to grow... they need cannabis too.

Being able to grow extra allows you to do that. Plus it allows you to maximize your personal medicinal use. Don't have to be a patient to 'use' it medicinally. :)

Stay Safe! :blowbubbles:

barnyard

H-S, because not playing by the rules adversely affects people who are playing by the rules.

Personally, I'd be OK if people grew MJ like tomatoes. And I'm totally bummed that I can't grow outdoors. But I'll take what I can get and appreciate and respect the hard work that people have put into allowing me to grow legally in my house.

monsoon

there's no combining, you're medical or you're under amendment 64.

Why do you need so much weed monsoon?

Can you provide the State statute that says there is no combining med and rec as a citizen barnyard? I only find verbiage in 64 that says that nothing in 64 can limit my rights because I am a patient, not verbiage that says I must give up rights because I am a patient.

Why not, barnyard? My doctor saw me eat thousands of pills and fully supports me growing and making hash to smoke and eat. Because CO law allows for any/all preparations of cannabis as part of the weight we can have in our possession we choose to grow enough plants to take our weight out in hash. It takes "a few" plants to make 8 ounces of bubblehash:thank you:

and like I say, after growing for so long it just doesn't feel right if the room isn't full and there aren't a buncha lights burning.

Can't wait to get outside for the Summer months though. It would be nice to grow enough in the summer to span the winter needs.

barnyard

it's a work in progress monsoon, the MJ task force decisions are hot of the press and there is more work to be done.

I've already addressed your other points.

Do you need to get stoned? lol

DreamsofTesla

Veteran
Do you need to get stoned? lol

Hell, I do. Haven't had any smoke in months, can't afford it. I can only get one flavor here, don't know what strain it is. The high is OK, lasts about 2 hours, then I need a nap. $65 for an 1/8, drive 45 minutes each way.

Other than that it's awesome, totally

P.S. My PTSD is totally fucked up right now.

<3 Tesla

monsoon

Hell yeah, Monsoon! Go get'em. That does bring you back to the water question, though. If you look into an earthship type design where you're recycling your water, with your garden enclosed in a naturally climate controlled part of the house, well the mind boggles.

I might could go in some once I sell my house. My big two concerns are again, no fracking and more progressive area politically.

<3 Tesla

Not sure what we will do for a dwelling yet. The earthship concept is cool but for the area we are looking in it wouldn't be a good choice because of the snow/etc. On top of that, this property has abundant water. We are thinking more like strawbale or some other super-efficient green approach, with solar storage, wood heat and an electric back up. (wife mandated)

No guarantees with the fracking-anywhere. Just gotta be vigilent and vote green/environmentally friendly. Sorry to say the area we are looking in is kinda conservative, like MOST of the ranching areas of Colorado are. However, we will be flying the FREAK FLAG above our ranch and playing hippie and it isn't gonna matter to me WTF anyone else in town says/does/thinks.

FWIW. Land is about 5K per acre and comes in 35 acre chunks if you have cash and can swing a deal.

barnyard

DoT, a combination of Valerian, Chamomile and Hops makes for a soothing tea and can be a substitute for mild MJ. And its legal.

Again, my vote if for everyone to have MJ growing in their yard. Unfortunately the (harsh) reality is different.

hope you feel better.

DreamsofTesla

Veteran
DoT, a combination of Valerian, Chamomile and Hops makes for a soothing tea and can be a substitute for mild MJ. And its legal.

Again, my vote if for everyone to have MJ growing in their yard. Unfortunately the (harsh) reality is different.

hope you feel better.

Thanks man, I'll give that a try, if I can find some hops. I'm pretty sure valerian made me horny if I'm not mistaken.

<3 Tesla

monsoon

Wow Tesla. The prices here in co, even pre-med, were never that steep.

I'd be sayin shit like "I have a $100 dollar a day weed habit" at those rates. (and then there's my hash habit...LOL)

No doubt, you need to move to the land of Plenty.

DreamsofTesla

Veteran
The earthship concept is cool but for the area we are looking in it wouldn't be a good choice because of the snow/etc.
If you're not into it, you're not into it. But it kind of seems like you don't quite understand it. Snow is not a problem with an earthship, it's a boon because of the water. Anyway straw bale can be cool too. Did you see that the government of Abu Dhabi has sponsored development of a solar power facility that provides power at night? Check that shit out.

Latest posts

Latest posts