What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Mount Zion 2017

MountZionCollec

I really like the sleeskunks, these were the best selections out of ~75 or something females I believe I ended up with. MANY of the females were too many fox tails, too airy, too fluffy. I selected the best for the best flowers, best bud to leaf ratio, health of growing. The sleeskunks were the stinkiest of the skunkmans offerings, very terpene rich smells, effects change with the smells. Extremely PM resistant, and many mothers are very mold resistant though one of my favorites was susceptible and would begin rotting in the humidity domes within the first 5 days of rooting.

THe White Rhino Skunks are my highest yielding plant of the year, hard buds down to the stem no fluff. I only had 7 females but none were very stinky. They are not very potent, but they are potent enough for a consumer to be happy but they wouldnt be blown away. Extremely pm resistant and extremely mold resistant.

THe POGs were by far my most oily strain. The effect is unique and nice, THC dominant cerebral effect fairly potent. clean effect, not Stony and not energizing. Great breeding material. lots of PM susceptibility and mold susceptibility but there is tolerant and resistant ladies.

MountZionCollec

The number one mother for Haze 5 is quite exceptional, best in 20-25 females. Best on Mold and pm resistant, one of the best ones on health and good on vigour, It didnt have the BEST terpene profile but it had one of the best ones and was one of the more oily phenos. The effect is very unique. It is energizing, clean, motivating, it increases the heart rate but it doesnt quite make the blood BOIL like limonine does and it isnt quite and mood enhancing or euphoric as a limonine sativa. It has a sort of hazey bobblehead top heavy effect where the higher you move up your body the more effect it has making one feel top heavy and a little off balance with a numb face. None of the Haze 5 were SUPER stinky, some were fairly stinky especially a few that smelled exactly like cannabiogens destroyer.

Chunkypigs

passing the gas
Veteran
looks like you are having a great year, congrats! any of those plants still in the ground?
looks like the weather was great this year.

how are you doing your drying and processing?
do you mix all the phenos together of these lines you tested or market each plant separate?

I heard that people are selling straight to oilmakers this year both fresh and dry, any of that happening near you?

I'd love to taste some of your gear, time to set up a bud and breakfast in a yurt somewhere on your farm.:biggrin:

MountZionCollec

looks like you are having a great year, congrats! any of those plants still in the ground?
looks like the weather was great this year.

how are you doing your drying and processing?
do you mix all the phenos together of these lines you tested or market each plant separate?

I heard that people are selling straight to oilmakers this year both fresh and dry, any of that happening near you?

I'd love to taste some of your gear, time to set up a bud and breakfast in a yurt somewhere on your farm.:biggrin:

Everything was harvested by November 1st. The weather SAVED us this year with our 6 week late start.

I hang dry on soccer netting that is hung from the ceiling with rows spaced 2 feet. propane heaters and swamp coolers control the climate. I keep the temps under 70, and I keep the humidity between 30%-60% depending on the weather. if it isnt raining I like to keep it around %38-43% ish.

I mix all the phenotypes. I only seperate out the mothers I am considering to preserve everything else gets mixed.

I have sold my entire harvest, paid out over many months but I agree to sell the whole thing for a specific price to one buyer. In the future I will def be looking to sell to some processors as I hear they are willing to pay good $ for pesticide free cannabis. We arent doing that this year as I havent made any contacts, but in the future i do want to. I do know of some farms who do sell the majority of there harvest to processors, the one who I think does is dragonfly certified...people seem to be very very quiet on that topic so not easy to really know whose doing what.

My future business partner and best friend growing up has suggested something like a bud and breakfast haha. Im not sure well have to see how things play out in the future. I would love to have something where people could come and smoke test buds and go through all the smells of lab tested strains so they can start to recognize diferent terpenes. THey could take home a bunch of samples with lab tests in hand so they could experiment and see whats best for them. I am really trying to collect many terpene profiles of cannabis Im going to be testing many more strains next year looking for more mothers.

Someone in California who is a medical patient can purchase from me if they live Near Calaveras county, up to 8oz at a time.

MountZionCollec

how did your battle with mites go this year? we were battling the mites and the caterpillars did their damage.

Mites didnt cause me much issues this year. THey were throughout the different gardens, multiple species I am sure. My neighbor is in a state of collapse, got a bunch of free plants from different people and they arrived with predator mites satchels on the plants in pots so pretty sure she brought in a bunch. There is another commercial grower 600' past her and then another one 600' on the other side of me. Plus where im located is next to a mountain that is heavily grown on legally and illegally in large numbers so commercial farms all over around me.

I sprayed twice Sns 209 once in early September and that was it.

I sprayed BT 3 times. Each time I harvested heaavily before spraying, then after the spray I didnt harvest for 4 days.

I read somewhere on icmag recently someone using some lights that attract and kills the moths so I will be looking more into that next year.

MountZionCollec

Cultivators Choice POG*Hindu Kush

These are my 5 selected mothers. I failed to save 2 of the best females but I got some really great ones! Number one most important selection criteria was PM resistance. The 3rd female in the pictures is the most susceptible to PM but it wasnt covered and it was drenched in oil with huge nugs and not many spots of pm so im keeping her for now.

konopenko

Veteran
MZC looks epic bro, yoa are killin it, again! Your buisness plan sounds great, make sure that customers have plenty to eat and drink - home made organic shit :smoke:

Limeygreen

Veteran
If you use bug zappers, put a bucket with a wider mouth than the zapper, put soapy water in the bucket so anything that is just stunned from the zapper gets stuck in the water, surface tension is broken and they cannot fly away, get way more than just a zapper.

oldbootz

Veteran
To me, this is how people should be doing proper selections. Well done! And your info about the different genetics and their varying resistances, terpines, type of high, is great. You are contributing some valuable impartial info about the genetics available to purchase today. Not many are doing such a good job as yourself!

Manivelle

Veteran
i totally agree with you oldbootz . very glad to see some people are still able to appreciate this kind of things .

MountZionCollec

My biggest failure of the year of selection was the Schnazzleberry #4, though I did find one very exceptional lady and another potentially one other. There are some phenos with some serously large resiny stinky buds! The difficulty of preserving it is they are sooooo early flowering that 50%+ of the mothers went into flowering in my greenhouse and all 3 males I saved went into flowering in my GH. THe other difficulty is the buds are pretty large so by the time you can determine which phenos are best the buds are so big and while they are not susceptible to bud rot they are not resistant so its difficult to root them out from plants late in flowering.

The best indica I have, best for pain and sleep, terpene rich heavy effect.

MountZionCollec

My best hybrid is no doubt SLEESKUNK very terpene rich potent effect, the effect is fullbodied numbing up energetic high, awakened cerebral full bodied stone similar to an lemon smelling OG except minus multiple terpenes which makes for an exceptionally CLEAN effect...no muddyness from being pulled in too many directions.

Smells My most skunky smelling one is the most hybrid in effect, the other 4 I have are more lemon citrus. Smell is Citrus fruity funky skunky some with a little pine (pine earth parsely phenos were worst smell/effect).

These are also the most resistant to Powdery mildew and mold.

Last edited:

MountZionCollec

seeds for next 2 years

Schnazzleberry #4-100 Chimera
Sleeskunk-100 Skunkman
POG*Hindu Kush-30 Fem Skunkman
Panama 40-Cannabiogen
destroyer-10 cannabiogen
Road kill skunk*deep chunk-90 cannacopia
Mexican*haze*skunk #1*Ohaze-20 skunkman
Thai*haze*skunk #1-20 skunkman
Original Haze*Skunk #1 F1-90 skunkan
White Rhino*Skunk #1-50 skunkman
White WIdow*skunk #1-50 skunkman
Cannabiogen Caribe 20
Cannabiogen leshaze 20
cannabiogen hash fruit-50
cannabiogen sandstorm-40
cannabiogen taskenti fem-15
Cannabiogen Panama DC 10 fem, 5 reg
Nepal Jam-20
Pakistan chitral kush-20
CBG sugar loaf-20
Afghan chitral underground seeds-30
plus maybe some stuff from seedism from old flyingdutchmen mothers.

MountZionCollec

My selection approach next year is going to change drastically from this year. THis year I took cuttings from August until a days ago. for now on I am going to increase the amount of infrastructure I have to root out cuttings and im only going to wait untili I have found the absolute best mothers before I begin taking cuttings to focus and concentrate on those most worth preserving... Then I am going to prune my plants in a way that I will leave some inner branches on the plant that are best for rooting out once deep into flowering. And when I harvest the plants I will leave enough of the plant that I can continue to attempt to take cuttings on it weeks after it has been harvest.

Another technique I have begun doing on fat nugged cuttings is chopping the head off down to a point where there is less of chance of it rotting.

I really improved my abilities this year and next year I expect to do an even better job in selection and preservation. BUt i will need to increase my infrastructure.

If the county allows me to stay at my current location for another year, I will need to add more lights to my cutting room and add more areas for plants...and I will need to add another greenhouse roughly the same size as the current one.

there is a possibility the county will make me move to a property over 50 acres. If that happens I will need to get a 400-700k property and would be only making the move if i can expand to 22,000 square feet. If this happens I am going to add in a badass greenhouse that is 10 times the size of my current greenhouse and I would add in much better infrastructure for rooting out cuttings as well. I will have more info in 2 weeks and should know by the end of the year whats up for next year.

Dog Star

Veteran
Thanx for info,lovely thread Mount Zion and very good documented.

Wish you even better selection next year...

MountZionCollec

ohhhh so you were the one who got the last packs of the leshaze! sold out now

Lol I wish! I will be ordering before end of year.

I was planning to get them from growshop alien OR from seedsman. Both have regular.

I will continue buying cannabiogen stock heavily over the next few years just looking to test all there lines I haven't run to see who I like the most to preserve in future. I Love CBG.

Panama is my favorite energetic sativa and destroyer is my favorite hazey sativa.