What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Motorcycle thoughts/advice

DAMN YOU op..

You got me reminiscing about the old days.. really want a bike again now.. ah sod it gonna look for a little citybike (NOT a scooter/moped) i think.. cheap like the budgie them

edit: dunno how good a 125'd be for big ass ol me though.. i am like 6'1" 225lbs.. trouble is that bastid in the white wig stole my bloody licence so i have to start again as a learner, 125cc max :wallbash: :mad:

Last edited:

NOKUY

Veteran
fred norris those are pretty sweet bikes...not my style, but def really nice!

i like the FZR's but im seeing very few for sale, and still like the CBR600....from what im told i want '95 or newer w/ the 600's.

i'm seeing lots of GSX and GSXR's in the price range i want, but my buddy didnt think i'd like the GSX but thought the GSXr would be good.

i also like suzuki bandits and found a real nice bandit600 for $2200

http://dallas.craigslist.org/dal/mcy/974673525.html

...anyway still trying to figure it out...thanks for the help....i looked at a cpl 'cycle forums, but most the talk is over my head at this point

fred norris

triumph_daytona_675.jpg

Clarence

FUZZY WUZZY
Veteran
zx - 9 is a 900cc and i'd suspect a bit too much for someone that has not ridden for a while
as for the Triumph forget it, they break down a lot and spares are expensive

howsabout the new ZX10-R. Seen a nice picture as a screen saver on an associates computer!!!!!!!!!

Or if you really wanna have ya balls up in your stomach there is a Yamaha M1 withe the #46 on it. That'd do it.

Last edited:

oldpink

Un - Retired,
Administrator
Veteran
howsabout the new ZX10-R. Seen a nice picture as a screen saver on an associates computer!!!!!!!!!

Or if you really wanna have ya balls up in your stomach there is a Yamaha M1 withe the #46 on it. That'd do it.

yeah the new ZX-10 is a superb looking bike but i'd imagine that both the ZX-10 and the R1 are a bit of a step up
for someone thats not been riding for a while, my Ninja is really quick but the R1 scared the shit out of me
not for the faint hearted by any means, they don't call them organ doners for nothing

pity I can't get pic's to load, I'd post a few of the new R1 and the Ninja 10

oldpink

Un - Retired,
Administrator
Veteran
yep I love speed, its very rare that i,m under the speed limit, but where I live I have open roads that are quiet enough to allow
me to ride at high speed safely, take a look at this thread and you'll see wha I mean my favorite road

Y

yamaha_1fan

I suggest you spend some time on some sport bike forums. After 15 years of non riding, you are basically starting over again. I suggest you take the MSF course.

Do not buy anything over a 600. When I got my bike I read 100's of stories of how noobs would get a R1, Busa etc and loop it the first week.

My first and only bike was GSXR 750 and for me it was plenty of fast. In our riding group we had the whole range from Honda, Kawi, Suzuki, Yami, Ducatit, 600-1300CC. I never had issues keeping up with them.

I was VERY careful on my bike and I respected its power. Luckily I never had a major incident, just a small 20 MPH lay down when I went off the road on a make shift track and my front wheel dug in the grass. My pride hurt the most.

Newer Fuel Injected bikes are FAST as hell so be careful and good luck

its more about respect than size with bikes...take a riding course and decide what kind of riding you want to do before you buy...imo a 600 really sucks for highway riding..but is great for buzzing round town...where if you just bought a bandit 1250 its great for both..just respect the power..

ChaosCatalunya

5.2 club is now 8.1 club...
Veteran
I suggest you spend some time on some sport bike forums. After 15 years of non riding, you are basically starting over again. I suggest you take the MSF course.

Do not buy anything over a 600. When I got my bike I read 100's of stories of how noobs would get a R1, Busa etc and loop it the first week.

My first and only bike was GSXR 750 and for me it was plenty of fast. In our riding group we had the whole range from Honda, Kawi, Suzuki, Yami, Ducatit, 600-1300CC. I never had issues keeping up with them.

I was VERY careful on my bike and I respected its power. Luckily I never had a major incident, just a small 20 MPH lay down when I went off the road on a make shift track and my front wheel dug in the grass. My pride hurt the most.

Newer Fuel Injected bikes are FAST as hell so be careful and good luck

Top post ... the fastest rider I know [UK champion, Euro 600, NW200] now goes 2x a year to the California Superbike School, he has ridden for 25 years, still holds the xxxx record at Brands Hatch, yet even he says you can never stop learning....

Do a course, get proper leathers with body armour and stick to a 600 for a couple of years, I bet you will soon smoke every 1000/Hayabusa owner you meet.

The SV650 someone else mentioned is a really good bike, as are Honda Hornets [the 600 not the 900] & Yamaha Fazers too.

hyposomniac

If you do live in the backwoods, have you considered something you can use on the street and offroad? Function over form.. never know when it might be vital to get through the woods fast.

Drop another grand or so and pick up a used 1200 sportster with 8-12k on it theres some great deals floatin around out there. Plenty of low end torque, power and speed. Nice to cruise on and plenty of power when you need it! Don't even think about the 883s!

SS

Latest posts

Latest posts