What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Motorcycle thoughts/advice

oldpink

Un - Retired,
Administrator
Veteran
my ninja

my ninja

not me driving it here, its my son when he was 16 and learning to ride it
he's been riding bikes since he was 4 but mostly moto-x and smaller road bikes
but he took to the Ninja like a duck to water

11059DSC06418-med.JPG

11059DSC06410-med.JPG

oldpink

Un - Retired,
Administrator
Veteran
Drop another grand or so and pick up a used 1200 sportster with 8-12k on it theres some great deals floatin around out there. Plenty of low end torque, power and speed. Nice to cruise on and plenty of power when you need it! Don't even think about the 883s!

SS

harleys are no use in the UK as we have things called bends in the road

fred norris

Drop another grand or so and pick up a used 1200 sportster with 8-12k on it theres some great deals floatin around out there. Plenty of low end torque, power and speed. Nice to cruise on and plenty of power when you need it! Don't even think about the 883s!

SS

make sure you get your brakes checked too. you'll need to make lots of stops, to pick up the parts that rattle off your bike. i'd rather ride a vespa than a harley.

subrob

ICMag Donor
Veteran
old pink-so here in the states we are just now able to get the xr1200 sporty. has been available over there and very popular. just curious if you or anyone you know has had a chance to ride, and if so, what is the consensus among you and yours on harleys version of a "euro sportster" cuz lookswise, even the most hardcore traditionalist harley rider over here LOVES the look! still waitin on opinions of rideability. -or anyone else with an opinion.....sub

subrob

ICMag Donor
Veteran
my first reaction was "SCAM" cuz there are quite a few out there in this biz, but NADA value on that bike (avg retail) is 3885. so its not that far off. what does concern me is its pretty much exactly low blue book value(rough trade) which often times will mean salvage title. just gotta be careful, along with all the scams out there, there are quite a few great deals. in the harley world, all the accessories that have been done would be thousands of dollars worth, so since there is no carfacts for bikes, you just gotta watch your ass.
i always ask to have the bike taken to an authorized repair facility for whats called a used bike appraisal. IME, this is usually between 50 and 150 bucks. tell the owner if you do not purchase the bike, you will foot the bill for the inspection, but if you buy it, he takes the fee off the price. if they have a problem getting it checked out, then there is something wrong.
--does look fuckin sweet though dont it?!

NOKUY

Veteran
my first reaction was "SCAM" cuz there are quite a few out there in this biz, but NADA value on that bike (avg retail) is 3885. so its not that far off. what does concern me is its pretty much exactly low blue book value(rough trade) which often times will mean salvage title. just gotta be careful, along with all the scams out there, there are quite a few great deals. in the harley world, all the accessories that have been done would be thousands of dollars worth, so since there is no carfacts for bikes, you just gotta watch your ass.
i always ask to have the bike taken to an authorized repair facility for whats called a used bike appraisal. IME, this is usually between 50 and 150 bucks. tell the owner if you do not purchase the bike, you will foot the bill for the inspection, but if you buy it, he takes the fee off the price. if they have a problem getting it checked out, then there is something wrong.
--does look fuckin sweet though dont it?!

the post on cl has been flagged for removal...maybe somone else wants it baaaad or its 2 good 2 be tru