What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Motherlode Gardens 2020

Shcrews

DO WHO YOU BE
Veteran
We had some trellising problems this year, the outer layer wasn't attached securely enough, the weight from some of the bigger plants pulled their trellises down a bit and the branches ended up pointing at the ground. We just noticed some PM on these plants as well, which makes me think the lack of sunlight due to wildfire smoke, combined with downward-pointing solar panels (leaves) really did a number on these big girls. They just havent been getting enough sunlight for too long. Next year we will make it a point to work out a better trellising system for when the plants exceed 15'width. Not much we can do about the smoke though, although we did see the sun today for the first time in over a month!

a couple of them have PM pretty bad, we are going to chop them today and try to rinse off the worst branches, hopefully we can salvage a decent amount. A couple others have spots of PM here and there but nothing to bad yet. We will monitor them and if it looks like it is spreading we will have to chop early. Unfortunately these are some of our biggest plants and could use at least another couple weeks to finish...

what a tough year.

Shcrews

DO WHO YOU BE
Veteran
Sorry buddy and it was looking so good this year

its still looking good, i just tend to focus on the things that need improvement. this year’s crop is looking like our best one yet, but i’m somewhat of a perfectionist (a lazy perfectionist). Ideally we should have a hillside covered with flawless, pristine 20-pounders and i hope to achieve that some day.

Zeez

---------------->
ICMag Donor
its still looking good, i just tend to focus on the things that need improvement. this year’s crop is looking like our best one yet, but i’m somewhat of a perfectionist (a lazy perfectionist). Ideally we should have a hillside covered with flawless, pristine 20-pounders and i hope to achieve that some day.

That Is a high standard. :biggrin:

BYF

It’s really not if you only have 24-30 plants to take care of.

You should have the time to do All the necessary steps

gsxr97

Veteran
Keep up the good fight Schrews. I see a massive wind event happening later this week . I’ve had trellis issues in my biggest plants too.

Figure I’ll ask again , you still use a greenbroz trimmer For your crop?

HL45

Veteran
Glad to see you still posting on here

Hope you make it out alright from the smoke I lost a crop up from smoke damage and lack of water. We had a mandatory evacuation the fire was less than two miles from the farm.

I'm predicting
2021 major comeback year.

GreenHands13

what do you guys think of Suff Oil X? my friend says it worked great for him. i've never used it but am curious. Also i dont think it needs to be emulsified.

The suffoil x will work but it leaves a decent amount of oil residue. You can emulsify dr bronners and a organic seed oil at a 1.2:1 oil to saop ratio. Put both in a blender and mix for a couple minutes. You could add alcohol and water after you mix the oil and soap or just use that product and add the alcohol to the mixed solution before you spray. Or just buy plant therapy. And for pm zerotol 2.0 works great and leave no residue. It degrades to water oxygen and co2. If you have pm on some plants bad spray them untill they are dripping heavy with 50 ml per gallon zerotol everyday for a while or every other day if you can't do it everyday.

MCGold

So how is everything going now? Hope your harvest turned out well and you are prepping for next season! Cheers and cannot wait to see what the new year brings, hopefully Federal legalization and with it allowing banking for growers, dispensary owners, etc. Peace and bless up!

Shcrews

DO WHO YOU BE
Veteran
So how is everything going now? Hope your harvest turned out well and you are prepping for next season! Cheers and cannot wait to see what the new year brings, hopefully Federal legalization and with it allowing banking for growers, dispensary owners, etc. Peace and bless up!
Harvest went well, we hit a 10-pound per-plant average which is about the same as the previous year. We would have done better but the smoke from the wildfires took away our sunlight for half the summer, which I believe caused some serious issues. I am very happy with what we got though in terms of quality, the flowers look great and smoke great. Our genetics are really shining out here, our biggest/best plants were all from our own seeds. We had a Yosemite Glue which, despite being harvested early, hit 12-pounds and looks to be about 30% thc, with tremendous sour / chocolate / fuel terps.

regarding federal legalization, I am against it unless it allows for unlimited home growing.

Figure I’ll ask again , you still use a greenbroz trimmer For your crop?

We had everything hand-trimmed, took forever but we had no other plans anyway thanks to covid. The hand-trimmed units go for a couple points more than the machined ones so it just made sense to do it that way this time.

First time I've ever had PM.
It's definitely, on my plants, from the aphid honeydew.
The aphids and PM were worse in 2020 than I've ever seen before. And we were battling russets as well. The unholy trinity...

suffoil is powerful, use in veg only.
what do you think is better in veg, suffoil or sulfur? What do you recommend for flowering? We were spraying 2x weekly with Grandevo / Venerate and it was only somewhat effective, damage was still extensive. I'm at my wits' end with these tiny fuckers. They seem to be really bad at my spot, maybe because it is very exposed...

Zeez

---------------->
ICMag Donor
Ten pounds per plant is incredible!

Appreciate you putting it up here as a journal and sharing your pics. Great job.

Shcrews

DO WHO YOU BE
Veteran
Ten pounds per plant is incredible!

Appreciate you putting it up here as a journal and sharing your pics. Great job.

10-per is great, but would have been more if we didn't have such serious issues. It's also the first time our per-plant average didn't increase from the previous year.

And thanks but I kind of neglected this thread. I am going to do better in 2021. Look out for the new thread soon. I appreciate all you guys sticking around!

calisun

Hey Shrews, Plants looked great, Your Yosemite glue sounds great. I want toget some of your seeds I just need to make room.

Plant Therapy worked great for me early in flowering when I noticed a few russets on one plant.

Shcrews

DO WHO YOU BE
Veteran
Motherlode Seeds

Motherlode Seeds

Lzvs1hBh.jpg

Latest posts

Latest posts