What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Motherlode Gardens 2020

Shcrews

DO WHO YOU BE
Veteran
sorry for the lag as usual guys, i took some pictures this morning, i will try to post a proper update later. We are busy as hell and shorthanded as usual, but the plants are looking great so i can't complain! I've been hanging trellis for weeks, it never ends!

radioman

So Happy that all is well in your part of the world Shcrews. I'm glad that the wildfires out west didn't affect your grow. Blessings to You and Your Family from Vermont...

Shcrews

DO WHO YOU BE
Veteran
So no topping Schrew!! Do you just train i to the cages to make the globe structure?

yah in veg we pull the lateral branches out horizontally through the cage and trellis, which helps give them that round shape. some strains need it more than others.

Shcrews

DO WHO YOU BE
Veteran
Yosemite Glue (Motherlode Seeds!):
Jym4dV2h.jpg

Gluefire OG (Relentless Genetics):
vAx8RF5h.jpg

Jagerschnitzel x Purple Punch (Bradley Danks Genetics):
xJ665uCh.jpg

Chi13

ICMag Donor
Beautiful garden and bud shots, as always.

Looks very smoky? I hope you are ok as far as fires, and best wishes to anyone effected or in danger.

Shcrews

DO WHO YOU BE
Veteran
Beautiful garden and bud shots, as always.

Looks very smoky? I hope you are ok as far as fires, and best wishes to anyone effected or in danger.

The smoke has been terrible here since august. The closest fire to us, the Creek Fire , is about 20miles away and has burned over 300,000 acres already. it will probably burn until halloween. We are also getting smoke from other fires in california, it’s really bad, worst i’ve ever seen.

The sun has been partially or completely blocked by smoke since the plants started flowering. I think it is affecting them. Their immunity seems to be down, we’ve started to see spots of PM on a couple plants, and the aphids returned. We released green lacewing larvae to combat the aphids but i’m not sure what to do about the PM.

Thankfully we are in a good location in regards to fires. Our property is next to a highway and there are 3 different fire stations within 5 minutes from us. We dont have much brush or trees either. And if it comes down to it, we have a 1.5” firehose and a honda pump hooked up to our water tank.

We are also in the process of getting solar power for the whole property so we can go off-grid if needed when the electric company shuts off power in the event of a nearby fire. I have had to go a week-plus without any electricity here a couple times before, which already sucks but the worst part is the pump for our well is electric so we didnt have any water the whole time either..

These massive fires are occurring more frequently and it seems like something we will just have to adapt to here in wildfire country. Properties need to be cleared of any excess trees and brush, structures need to be built from fire-resistant materials, and houses will need off-grid solar power.

Climate change is really a double-edged sword for west-coast growers.. The increased heat and co2 levels drive plant growth but also increase pest pressure and wildfire/smoke severity..

The sun has been partially or completely blocked by smoke since the plants started flowering. I think it is affecting them. Their immunity seems to be down, we’ve started to see spots of PM on a couple plants, and the aphids returned. We released green lacewing larvae to combat the aphids but i’m not sure what to do about the PM.

That's how it was in my area for a while (central valley). It finally cleared out a week or so ago, my plants/buds and I have seen about 9 days now of actual sunshine now....but they went basically an entire month, their first weeks of flowering, with no direct sunlight and some days were quite dim & dark.

The first few days the buds got some direct sunlight I could notice a huge difference in the trichomes & resin.

As for the PM....I've never used this stuff for PM specifically but it claims to work for such and I've heard from others that have used it for PM. It's called "Dr. Zymes" , it is a citric acid/enzyme based insecticide & fungicide. I've been using it to wipe out hemp/russet mites and it's been doing the job. It is safe to use during flowering.

I always enjoy seeing your grow each year. Some lovely looking plants!

Crooked8

Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Pm this late is tough, are you alright with a systemic option or are you all organic?

Shcrews

DO WHO YOU BE
Veteran
Pm this late is tough, are you alright with a systemic option or are you all organic?
We are all organic here.. Anyway we are already spraying often for mites and I dont want to spray anything else the plants at this point. We will probably just ride it out. The PM is not too bad yet and hopefully it won't spread too much before harvest. I only saw it on 2 or 3 plants.

I saw some russet mites on a few lower branches today too. Goddammit! i hate those things. We've been spraying weely with venerate and grandevo all season long. I guess we will have to start spraying bi-weekly , or even every other day from now until chop. Russets are so hard to get rid of, nothing we've ever done has worked completely. And as i said i think the garden's health is somewhat affected by the lack of sunshine for the past few weeks.

Fires, aphids, grasshoppers, russet mites, thrips, powder mildew.... This season has been a grind that's for sure, and it's not over yet! At least we did everything we could. It still looks like we'll have a good harvest though.

That's how it was in my area for a while (central valley). It finally cleared out a week or so ago, my plants/buds and I have seen about 9 days now of actual sunshine now....but they went basically an entire month, their first weeks of flowering, with no direct sunlight and some days were quite dim & dark.

The first few days the buds got some direct sunlight I could notice a huge difference in the trichomes & resin.

As for the PM....I've never used this stuff for PM specifically but it claims to work for such and I've heard from others that have used it for PM. It's called "Dr. Zymes" , it is a citric acid/enzyme based insecticide & fungicide. I've been using it to wipe out hemp/russet mites and it's been doing the job. It is safe to use during flowering.

I always enjoy seeing your grow each year. Some lovely looking plants!.
I tried Dr. Zymes before if i recall correctly, it worked ok for PM but burnt the flowers slightly. Didn't do shit to the russets.. Nothing seems to phase them here for very long. Somebody told me they are hitching rides on all the floating ash particles from the fire, everyone i know in the area has had them this year.

Crooked8

Mentor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
We are all organic here.. Anyway we are already spraying often for mites and I dont want to spray anything else the plants at this point. We will probably just ride it out. The PM is not too bad yet and hopefully it won't spread too much before harvest. I only saw it on 2 or 3 plants.

I saw some russet mites on a few lower branches today too. Goddammit! i hate those things. We've been spraying weely with venerate and grandevo all season long. I guess we will have to start spraying bi-weekly , or even every other day from now until chop. Russets are so hard to get rid of, nothing we've ever done has worked completely. And as i said i think the garden's health is somewhat affected by the lack of sunshine for the past few weeks.

Fires, aphids, grasshoppers, russet mites, thrips, powder mildew.... This season has been a grind that's for sure, and it's not over yet! At least we did everything we could. It still looks like we'll have a good harvest though.

I tried Dr. Zymes before if i recall correctly, it worked ok for PM but burnt the flowers slightly. Didn't do shit to the russets.. Nothing seems to phase them here for very long. Somebody told me they are hitching rides on all the floating ash particles from the fire, everyone i know in the area has had them this year.
Ever tried cease? Its a biofungicide that is typically really great at preventing botrytis but its helpful w pm too. Very safe to spray. Wishing you the best!

Noonin NorCal

Veteran
looks good budz! You can always do a h202 wash rinse after you chop. for the PM
It would be a lot of freaking work though
Good luck the rest of the way bro

star crash

We Will Get By ... We Will Survive
ICMag Donor
Veteran
looks good budz! You can always do a h202 wash rinse after you chop. for the PM
It would be a lot of freaking work though
Good luck the rest of the way bro

He would need rows of 55 gallon drums to make that happen:biglaugh: dip & rinse ... One more hassle to deal with

Latest posts

Latest posts