What's new

MotherLode Gardens 2016

I have a couple good organic tea recipes to try for foliar sprays, and have read good things about calcium foliars. other things too, like PPD, AEA, Tainio...

Schrews, will you be sharing your foliar recipes?

I used PPD last year and it worked wonders. Im wondering more about AEA and Tainio! Thanks boss

Noonin NorCal

Veteran
Hey Shcrews how do you go about germinating your beans? Sorry if i missed it last season, you just soak em in water or do you go old school with the damp paper towel method? Thanks and again i hope you kill it this year yet again

Shcrews

DO WHO YOU BE
Veteran
Hey Shcrews how do you go about germinating your beans? Sorry if i missed it last season, you just soak em in water or do you go old school with the damp paper towel method? Thanks and again i hope you kill it this year yet again
neither, I just drop the seeds into wet dirt and they sprout within 2-3 days usually

orechron

great selections, thanks for sharing your thoughts. It's really hard for me to decide these things. The Ancient always performs well for me and I still have a couple packs so will be popping those for sure. you're right about the WiFi and Legend crosses. only got a pack of each of those though. South Fork seeds are proven yielders IMO but i'm not so sure about running a blue dream cross. i really dont like that strain much. I'm starting to feel that way about the green crack dominance in Dream Beaver also.

South Fork Kush (sfv x chem bx) and 2-wave hold down (trainwreck x chem bx) both sound better to me than a blue dream cross.

Horiba sap meters huh? sweet. i'm down! got any links?

I'm not sure how much of the chem side kaya's dream expresses, but maybe its not enough to be that different from blue dream. After all, ganjarebel used cdog for the dad in the start of his bx line. With 5 yards of soil though, most hybrids can hit double digits as long as it's not a cookie cross. Can't wait to see whats in some of those packs...

Leadsled is right. The meters are best priced on amazon. They aren't cheap but they will teach you a lot. One thing I watched last season was a pH drop in my largest plants. They started moving K from the lower leaves upward and pm started to show up. Luckily it was a week before harvest and didn't hurt quality but I got to see the K change throughout the plant in ppm's. If that happens earlier in the season you can catch it with a spray or drench.

Shcrews

DO WHO YOU BE
Veteran
Schrews, will you be sharing your foliar recipes?

I used PPD last year and it worked wonders. Im wondering more about AEA and Tainio! Thanks boss
I'll probably share everything here, dont really care about keeping secrets at this point, not that it matters because i dont know much anyway. The products you mentioned interest me, as well as some more traditional organic ingredients. I dont want to go out and buy twenty different things, i just want optimal plant health. I've been skimming some posts from certain people here and i think i have a pretty good general idea of what i want to do

Was this a cross you made or bodhi did? Ive never seen it before and i'm a huge bodhi connoisseur.
WiFi#3 (krome's cut) x Snow Lotus. it's a bodhi cross.. they were freebies he released a couple years ago. I ended up with several packs. very nice stuff. I had a keeper pheno that we named "Digital Yoga", i think i did a thread with it on here somewhere
How did the snow leopard do? yield and quality wise?
did very well in both of those areas. growth was pretty wild, it likes to fill out a lot. Crazy frost and an awesome exotic candy melon smell.

Shcrews

DO WHO YOU BE
Veteran
Hey Schrews, Big Up! Any opinions on the new licensing regulations the state of CA is trying to implement? Check out http://www.calgrowersassociation.org for more info. I'm wondering if there is a separate thread on this topic.
well philosophically i am mostly an anarchist

but from a business perspective i have accepted that new regulation is imminent and I will do my best to adapt and continue to grow top-shelf ganja

i've tried not to think about it too much but eventually i suppose i will have to hire a lawyer and review my options. I dont think the laws have really been solidified yet though

HL45

Veteran
Schrews I hope you do alot more morning walks on your IG this year. Those are my favorite.

My first year doing bhodi strains and I will be doing at least 3 yard mounds.

Interested to see what you do for foliar.

20sackzack

Hey man I love that dog beach in SC, looks like your little guy had fun and met some friends. I need to go back there soon. Anyways good luck this year man. I know you are going to kill it with bigger mounds and foliars. Wish I could sample some of your buds lol they look top notch.

Slogrower

Hey man great pics of the ocean that whole scene looks sick...bit of a late answer but I'm up in the mountains of calaveras county...was also wondering if you're going to be rockin a greenhouse for your starts this year

Shcrews

DO WHO YOU BE
Veteran
Schrews I hope you do alot more morning walks on your IG this year. Those are my favorite.

My first year doing bhodi strains and I will be doing at least 3 yard mounds.

Interested to see what you do for foliar.
i havent been on IG much lately but once the season starts i'll be on there a lot. i like those garden walks also. thanks man.. I cant wait to see how yours turn out this year

Hey man I love that dog beach in SC, looks like your little guy had fun and met some friends. I need to go back there soon. Anyways good luck this year man. I know you are going to kill it with bigger mounds and foliars. Wish I could sample some of your buds lol they look top notch.
thanks, should be a good season. yah the dog beach is great, ive been bringing my dog there since he was a little pup

Hey man great pics of the ocean that whole scene looks sick...bit of a late answer but I'm up in the mountains of calaveras county...was also wondering if you're going to be rockin a greenhouse for your starts this year
yah im goin to set up a greenhouse soon for my starts

Shcrews

DO WHO YOU BE
Veteran
went to yosemite yesterday

1QbWxpV.jpg

nNWaM3H.jpg

aT1h57k.jpg

LQE7f7s.jpg

YL0mXPw.jpg

Been wanting to make it out to Yosemite before the season starts up again. Beautiful area. I want to bring a drone and take some footage. I am popping my light dep seeds here in the next week, so I might not make it out there.

Drucifer

Damn, Shcrews, lovin' the pre-season pics and can't wait to see what's on tap for 2016!

I want to bring a drone and take some footage.

Drone footage from Yosemite would be pretty killer, but sadly, the park service banned private drones in all national parks... :cry:

HL45

Veteran
i havent been on IG much lately but once the season starts i'll be on there a lot. i like those garden walks also. thanks man.. I cant wait to see how yours turn out this year

I did hydro outdoors last year and it turned out great but I've been loving a not till coots approach indoors and I'm gonna do that outdoors next year..also gonna do seeds. I'd like to try some maximus from South fork but other than that I have a bunch of bodhi lined up.

I'm on a hill aND it is unfortunately facing north but it seems to get a good amount of sun and has decent western exposure.

Cheers to hopefully a good year!