What's new

MotherLode Gardens 2015

EastCoast710

I thought u .. lol. as I was reading through the thread I saw you say.. your rocking 10lbs a plant or something like that.. then said your running 24.. and jealous of people running light dep as you could use the extra lol..

not saying its a bad thing lol. I was just saying.. if you get anywere over 100 lbs a season.. no need to be jealous lol. even if u only make 1000 a lb..

I wasn't going to say it, but averaging 10 a plant is very, very hard to do. Screws would be the guy that has the skills to pull it off, but I would be very impressed.

Hoping to pull about a 1/5 of that before July this year.

Shcrews

DO WHO YOU BE
Veteran
I wasn't going to say it, but averaging 10 a plant is very, very hard to do. Screws would be the guy that has the skills to pull it off, but I would be very impressed.

Hoping to pull about a 1/5 of that before July this year.
I want to hit 10lb average this year, pretty sure i can do it with the right strains and conditions. good luck with your dep

I know more than a couple cats in the applegate slaying 10lb averages. Its not hard. Its all about the off season... Game on! Ill be working on a couple different OD spots this year from the 45th down to the Applegate. .. Def some data to be collected, itll be here for all to see. ;)

B

BAKED_BEANZ

I know more than a couple cats in the applegate slaying 10lb averages. Its not hard. Its all about the off season... Game on! Ill be working on a couple different OD spots this year from the 45th down to the Applegate. .. Def some data to be collected, itll be here for all to see. ;)

make sure you do a thread man , i enjoy your gh thread . you got mad skills right there :)

Sluicebox

Love to know what strains you pick out for up near the 45th. Wet wet wet up here. Hope your right about the off season. I've been busting ass hauling horse shit and worms hoping they work it into castings by plant time. Composting chicken, horse, duck, pigeon and rabbit shit too. Big ass stinky piles of it. Layer of shit ,layer of hay, repeat. Hoping to plant into 2+ yard holes with 3 footers by end of May.
Hope to have phenos picked and cloned out by April.

Holes to dig, compost and loam to haul. What off season? lol. Not at all being rude, wish I could just chuck a seed and get 10#. As that is what many believe. Not saying you or anyone in this thread, but I've talked to more than a few.

Last edited:

Shcrews

DO WHO YOU BE
Veteran
Yeah, You don't have a clue what your talking about. If you think we just miraculously make all kinds of profit, your wrong. My workers make $20 and hour and $175 a pound to trim. Plus all the money we spend on supplies, amendments, etc. He also pays rent every month.

And its a one man show he runs. If you calculated how many hours he spends working + plus the cost of supplies...in the end, He makes an hourly wage that isn't much higher than what a good farm laborer makes, even with a harvest breaking triple digits..he's got all the stress of being the boss and running his own op as well.

Shcrews has been pulling decent harvests for multiple seasons and does it look like he's ballin? Homeboy was trying to budget out enough money this year to buy a little pick-up.
all true, except i'm not budgeting for a truck i'm tryin to buy a property.

Also my workers get 15/hour and 150/lb. you're more generous than I am sir :)

wish I could just chuck a seed and get 10#. As that is what many believe.
I've done it. it's possible but there are better ways to ensure consistent quality and quantity

I know more than a couple cats in the applegate slaying 10lb averages. Its not hard. Its all about the off season...
exactly. I'm very excited to see what you do this year, keep us posted!

In regards to your soil mix:

40 yards total:

-12 yards 5/16" lava rock
-12 yards peat moss
-10 yards Oly Mountain fish compost
-2 yards Malibu compost

plus
240 lbs kelp meal
220 lbs crab meal
260 lbs gypsum
240 lbs oyster flour
120 lbs neem meal
100 lbs alfalfa meal
1000 lbs glacial rock dust

Did you have rare earth mix this for you? Did you get the ammendments from them and then mix them yourself after a soil test? Trying to figure out how this works thanks

Shcrews

DO WHO YOU BE
Veteran
In regards to your soil mix:

Did you have rare earth mix this for you? Did you get the ammendments from them and then mix them yourself after a soil test? Trying to figure out how this works thanks

thats my version of coots mix. rare earth mixed all the ingredients and trucked it to my place. I still havent had that dirt tested but it performed ok last year, could have been better though

Ok I'm starting to get the hang of this. Could have been better in the sense analysis would have given you data to improve upon, correct? Do you still feel that its a good mix to start with and then make adjustments from there---or is there no way to know without a test?

Shcrews

DO WHO YOU BE
Veteran
Ok I'm starting to get the hang of this. Could have been better in the sense analysis would have given you data to improve upon, correct? Do you still feel that its a good mix to start with and then make adjustments from there---or is there no way to know without a test?
IMO it's a proven mix at this point, definitely a good place to start. I say it "could have been better" because there was a bit of early yellowing in some plants, but that may have been due to other factors besides the soil. Anyway, good yield and potency were achieved.

you're right, without any analysis i was flying blind with the new dirt last season, but pulled a decent harvest regardless. A soil test will tell me if there were any major issues, and i will be able to correct them for the upcoming season

Shcrews

DO WHO YOU BE
Veteran
Word thanks. I looked up sorcerers apprentice on google and they all looked hella yellow. So I think that was a strain thing there.

no i dont think so. my keeper Sorcerer's Apprentice last year stayed green all the way until chop. i think you got some of that one

Im hoping to find that pheno in my pack and ultimately make a mom out of a cutting just for kicks...good to know the keeper pheno stayed green, if you do an image search for sorcerers apprentice bodhi you'll see what I mean though theres a lot that look identical to yours even run indoor

Sluicebox

40 yards total:

-12 yards 5/16" lava rock
-12 yards peat moss
-10 yards Oly Mountain fish compost
-2 yards Malibu compost

plus
240 lbs kelp meal
220 lbs crab meal
260 lbs gypsum
240 lbs oyster flour
120 lbs neem meal
100 lbs alfalfa meal
1000 lbs glacial rock dust

Could you give a rough guess on price per yard for this wicked mix? Love to see you do one or two as a test adding 25% fresh earth worm castings this year. I'm going to try to source out this list but man that looks pricey. Worth every cent though I'm sure as you've obviously proven it. Thanks for sharing.

edit: I wonder if I could drive to the Coast and pick up crab meal. Dungie season here and beach is 1 hour away. Nasty stuff in it's natural form but should work the same? Oyster shells available there as well I believe, not sure about flour. Maybe Kelp as well. Eliminate the high cost of those in the grow shops and this mix would be pretty affordable. Think I could find a sub for the fish compost over there as well? Cost quite a bit to haul that home a yd at a time. Alfalfa pellets sub the alfalfa meal?

Last edited: