What's new
  • Happy Birthday ICMag! Been 20 years since Gypsy Nirvana created the forum! We are celebrating with a 4/20 Giveaway and by launching a new Patreon tier called "420club". You can read more here.
  • Important notice: ICMag's T.O.U. has been updated. Please review it here. For your convenience, it is also available in the main forum menu, under 'Quick Links"!

Most potent strains

bioguy

Back to the Chem Dawg. Well sorta. I just spoted a conversation with Nevil where he say "Either Sensi directors authorised the release of the plant produced from a mating I had made prior to ending up in jail in 1990, or a person in a position of trust made private arrangements. The mating was NL5xHzC X SK1xHzC.
Sensi won a cup with this cutting. It was called "Jack Herer". The J.H. line of seeds had this plant as a mother.
Green House also won with this plant at the Cups. It was called Super Silver Haze. As GH never had this cutting, who knows what they are calling SSH.
In the '90s, a variety known as Diesel was making a name for itself. When I smoked it I knew instantly that this was exactly the same plant and they had a cutting. The early Diesel line of seeds would also have used this plant as a mother.
All 3 lines were made with different fathers at least and this was 20 years ago. One would assume that successive generations would all go in their own unique directions, presumably giving rise to any distinct differences today. The names have remained the same and all 3 lines gained their credibility from the exceptional qualities of the original cutting NL5HzC x SK1HzC."

He later says, " inbreeding Haze especially to the same Haze ancestor leads to a greater incidence of the cat piss pheno. The Diesel or fuel like smells are an intermediate stage. NH also has more fuel type offspring than the 5Hz, but not as many as a plant inbred to HzC. NL5HzA had darker flavours than NL5HzC, but I wouldn't call it diesel."

The thread goes on to include a bunch of debate about what diesel strain he is referring to and he replies, "The owner of a seed co. in Amsterdam in the '90s was the first person I knew of who was using the name Diesel and THAT plant was NL5HzCxSK1HzC. What people have been calling Diesel since then, I don't know anything about. If you want to know who that was, do your homework."

"What people have been calling Diesel since then" I think he means the dutch Diesel is not related to the Diesel (aka headband = ChemD x MassSSK/NL) we know of.

IDK what it all means but somehow I think its relevant. Its confusing also. How did the fuel smell from "haze inbreeding" make its way into the indica dominant chem dawg? Might the chem dawg be a indica phenotype from a SSH x G-13/NL (or G-13/SK).

I know the vast majority of diversity hidden with a hybrid arrives in the F2 due to recombination of recessive traits. The NL and SK in the SSH may have been the source of this recombination. Its all so speculative its silly but its also kinda fun. Years ago I read a article written by Shanti about strain theft, modern strains, strain remakes and something he said led me to believe he recognized one of California's most famous strains.

bigherb

Veteran
Question n Response

Question n Response

Back to the Chem Dawg. Well sorta. I just spoted a conversation with Nevil where he say "Either Sensi directors authorised the release of the plant produced from a mating I had made prior to ending up in jail in 1990, or a person in a position of trust made private arrangements. The mating was NL5xHzC X SK1xHzC.
Sensi won a cup with this cutting. It was called "Jack Herer". The J.H. line of seeds had this plant as a mother.
Green House also won with this plant at the Cups. It was called Super Silver Haze. As GH never had this cutting, who knows what they are calling SSH.
In the '90s, a variety known as Diesel was making a name for itself. When I smoked it I knew instantly that this was exactly the same plant and they had a cutting. The early Diesel line of seeds would also have used this plant as a mother.
All 3 lines were made with different fathers at least and this was 20 years ago. One would assume that successive generations would all go in their own unique directions, presumably giving rise to any distinct differences today. The names have remained the same and all 3 lines gained their credibility from the exceptional qualities of the original cutting NL5HzC x SK1HzC."

He later says, " inbreeding Haze especially to the same Haze ancestor leads to a greater incidence of the cat piss pheno. The Diesel or fuel like smells are an intermediate stage. NH also has more fuel type offspring than the 5Hz, but not as many as a plant inbred to HzC. NL5HzA had darker flavours than NL5HzC, but I wouldn't call it diesel."

The thread goes on to include a bunch of debate about what diesel strain he is referring to and he replies, "The owner of a seed co. in Amsterdam in the '90s was the first person I knew of who was using the name Diesel and THAT plant was NL5HzCxSK1HzC. What people have been calling Diesel since then, I don't know anything about. If you want to know who that was, do your homework."

"What people have been calling Diesel since then" I think he means the dutch Diesel is not related to the Diesel (aka headband = ChemD x MassSSK/NL) we know of.

IDK what it all means but somehow I think its relevant. Its confusing also. How did the fuel smell from "haze inbreeding" make its way into the indica dominant chem dawg? Might the chem dawg be a indica phenotype from a SSH x G-13/NL (or G-13/SK).

I know the vast majority of diversity hidden with a hybrid arrives in the F2 due to recombination of recessive traits. The NL and SK in the SSH may have been the source of this recombination. Its all so speculative its silly but its also kinda fun. Years ago I read a article written by Shanti about strain theft, modern strains, strain remakes and something he said led me to believe he recognized one of California's most famous strains.

Is this thread about the Most potent varieties today Or about trying to find the Chemdawg lineage ?

I was there for that Convo ,i believe part of the post was in response to me .I did my homework an Cant find any Dutch seed companies who sold a diesel or SSH knockoff at in the mid 90's.

If i recall that thread an some post here mention that the Sour Diesel /Diesel hybrid Strains have been mention to resemble ,JH/SSH structure.What i believe is that the Sk/NL N AfgT is responsible for that an remember the Chem/Colorado Green Bud was said to be around before the JH/SSH .But the Chem lineage is thought to be Afghani x Oaxacan Similar to Super skunk which if i recall is AfgT x Sk1

I as you Dont believe Nevil referred to Diesel aka Chemdawg ..But below is a intersting quote of an old post

https://www.icmag.com/ic/showpost.php?p=6082158&postcount=16

1luvbigherb

bigherb

Veteran
Discorilla & Symbiote

NOt sure if you both recall ,BUt this convo has been had an the GH/MNS Convos have brought negativity in the past i dont wish to stir up .But i dont believe in coincidences

The first GH Coffeshop on tolstratt was open if i recall in 1990 .Shanti become co founder of GHS CO in 94 an continued his Breeding there the second Coffeshop open in 95 .The Same year White widow won a cup an than in following years her hybrids took many awards.Than in 97 the third centrum shop opens with co Owner an breeder Nevil 97/98/98 SSH Dominates Shanti leaves an Nevil soon after .

I hope there is no debate who is the breeder of the SSH an that Nevils hybrids make of the majority of Dutch Haze today .Now look at the GH wins in after years (it was quite a few years after) haze hybrids which are hybrids of Nevil/Shanti . Arjans haze #123 /HS /Strawberry Haze Come from NH/SSH ETC

If Ingemar created her in 87 an GH aquired her in 92 why did she come out in 95 ?

The oldest description i could find

http://www.mrnice.nl/forum/22378-post24.html

Actual parental backround info

http://www.mrnice.nl/forum/96242-post26.html

I might have said too much already but that is all i will say

1luvbigherb

symbiote420

Veteran
I don't remember where I saw a posting from Arjan dissing Shanti about the White/Black Widow feud, which he said (....if you believe anything comes outta that dude's mouth) that Shanti didn't create it and it was created by Ingemar .......back when I used to read every High Times and mj mag out there I read plenty of stories that said the same!!

bigherb

Veteran
I wanted to mention Mota's gear but some peeps will only say I'm being a yes man cause Mota my dude! His Redneck/Double Koosh are good ones too though ...I've grown/tried alot of his unreleased stuff and it's been pretty fuego, all were heavy on the indy side of the spec. I've grown Bodhi'a Dank Sinatra and Boba's Stash as well, his Tiger's Milk and Instant Karma are really potent smokes I've tried from the fellas that are worth checkin' out!

I have a very high jacked up tolerance but everytime I've smoked on this Ghash I've taken a power nap, no matter which pheno ...serious nitetime meds or good for when you don't really have anything to do, I've been able to sleep thru the nite!!

There are plenty of killer non Chem crosses out there to choice from ....I think the Stardawg is one of the better chem hybrids out there ...better than the cuts some of the phenos I've grown, I have some f2s a bro made going at the mo!

Shit Motas my Dude ,I bite my Tounge for No one an This Man deserves Much Respect for his spreading an preserving of Unique Gems .If were speaking potent varieties His strains come to mind

I havnt ran Bodhi Gear yet but love his style .I have some of his work an That Dank Sinatra is at the top of my list with a special Sativa cross ,Summer cant get here quick enough .

What was your thought on Dank sinatra ?

1luvbigherb

bigherb

Veteran
I don't remember where I saw a posting from Arjan dissing Shanti about the White/Black Widow feud, which he said (....if you believe anything comes outta that dude's mouth) that Shanti didn't create it and it was created by Ingemar .......back when I used to read every High Times and mj mag out there I read plenty of stories that said the same!!

:laughing:

My brother no Disrespect

That is the Prime example post of Dont believe everything you read Especially HT .Who has the most Ads in the mag ,Who pays the Bills? look what some women will do for a dollar ,Shit men will do the same but dont look as good doin it lol

I too enjoyed the eye candy some years back but after becoming abit informed alot of articles are hard to read .Many in the Community put in Blood sweat tears an there life in danger to have stories twisted by a lazy Publisher/writer who wont do leg work

1luvbigherb

symbiote420

Veteran
What was your thought on Dank sinatra ?

Dank!!!
sym 1077.jpg
^bodhi's Dank Sinatra

bodhi's Boba's Stash
p1
sym 020.jpg

p2
sym 022.jpg

symbiote420

Veteran

My brother no Disrespect

That is the Prime example post of Dont believe everything you read Especially HT .Who has the most Ads in the mag ,Who pays the Bills? look what some women will do for a dollar ,Shit men will do the same but dont look as good doin it lol

I too enjoyed the eye candy some years back but after becoming abit informed alot of articles are hard to read .Many in the Community put in Blood sweat tears an there life in danger to have stories twisted by a lazy Publisher/writer who wont do leg work

1luvbigherb

Exactly, and no disrespect felt bro ....there's alot of that action on the boards too lol .....but that's why I stopped buying mags and seeds from "breeders" the advertised in them ...especially the ones that had the full page ads and such lol ...I was one of the many peeps that got suckered in by the pretty pics and hyping of High Times and the like ...I'm glad I decided to come outta the Matrix!

bigherb

Veteran
Exactly, and no disrespect felt bro ....there's alot of that action on the boards too lol .....but that's why I stopped buying mags and seeds from "breeders" the advertised in them ...especially the ones that had the full page ads and such lol ...I was one of the many peeps that got suckered in by the pretty pics and hyping of High Times and the like ...I'm glad I decided to come outta the Matrix!

Cool , Glad were on the Same page . I Fully Agree with that one an ive mentioned it from time to time usually to enlighten someone new to the Community

Some will never know ,im ost grateful to the IC Fam ,Ive met some very knowledgeable kind Folk here even a few i consider Friends .

When i know someone i trust talk about aquiring seed .I share my stock which much ive been gifted rather than have someone buy
inferior genetics from one of the Popcorn commericial breeders

That Dank sinatra looks fire it also looks like you could throw it threw a car window rock type,Not many reports from what ive read i understand yield is low, i thought Ghash would bump it .But i understand Flavor an effects are threw the roof .I love Dark traits an thought this cross would be a dream

Old Pics below OD Ghash

Honestly was not up to par or what i was hopin for smoke wise.But under circumstance of it not exactly in my hands i was happy an Got too see the potential .Highly Mold resistant for such dense structure i had no mold at all .What i though was agreat yield on this pheno aswell

A brighter note this OD Purple wreck from this summer is A+ potent High Grade

1luvbigherb

Attachments

• sosua with haze an hashp 025.jpg
    sosua with haze an hashp 025.jpg
    92.6 KB · Views: 15
  • sosua with haze an hashp 022.jpg
    sosua with haze an hashp 022.jpg
    46.4 KB · Views: 20
  • trip n Mix of da garden 049.jpg
    trip n Mix of da garden 049.jpg
    70.2 KB · Views: 18

symbiote420

Veteran
4 pages and no one said Sour Bubble from BOG

I haven't had the pleasure of smoking any yet, it's on my list! I've heard nothing but good things about it ....well everything except for the yields lol

It seems the more potent strains/crosses are often the lower yielding ones!!

Tonygreen

ICMag Donor
Veteran
I haven't had the pleasure of smoking any yet, it's on my list! I've heard nothing but good things about it ....well everything except for the yields lol

It seems the more potent strains/crosses are often the lower yielding ones!!

She is dense as fuck and you can get her to yield with a little work

symbiote420

Veteran
She is dense as fuck and you can get her to yield with a little work

Yea, I probably could! My LA Con mother I used to run was the same way .....a li'l longer veg with lots of training in a bigger pot should do the trick! LA Con is another good one, Idk about the recent fem version because mine were from '06 reg seeds, my keeper was the lowest yielding of the bunch but grew/looked identical to the pre'98 Bubba, just had a more fuelly than coffee smell.

Potency is in the eye of the beholder, what knocks my peeps out might not effect me the same way it does them. I have a buddy who can't take a hit of anything sativa dom no matter how potent without getting a headache and paranoia but indies do him well, another homie prefers saty and doesn't like indicas (no matter how potent) because the high is too heavy/sedating ....we all have 1,000's of receptors which react differently to the 1,000's of cannabinoids!

bioguy

Is this thread about the Most potent varieties today Or about trying to find the Chemdawg lineage ?

IDK kinda both. Its whatever you want it to be.
I started it but just to get some conversation going.

It started when I read that High times said most of the strains that have won their awards AND tested over 20% had chem dawg in them. They continued to say that Chen Dawg was therefor the strongest strain or strongest family.

I question how that conclusion can be made when the heritage of the Chem Dawg is unknown. When I looked at the non chem strains I noticed Haze G-13 and NL show up quite a few times. The farther you dig the more you see them. If they gave rise to Chem Dawg then the I think award should go to one of them.

When breeders get endless experience with strains they start to see patterns (like haze on haze => chem pheno => cat piss pheno) or (afghan/haze x afghan/skunk => some pure afghan phenos). I have a suspicion that someday these patterns may reveal the heritage and thus the true strongest strain. For instance, as breeders cross chem with everything in sight someone somewhere may eventually see something the recognize (like the pure afghan pheno example above). Its a long shot and it would not be anywhere close to definitive but its a start.

Already someone surfaced that said they have a G-13/NL/HP that resulted in chem like phenos. The fact that NL and G-13 are both on the list several times tells me this is promising.

Part of the reason I am interested is that I have desires to start breeding a little (more accurately making seeds). If I thought I knew the source it might effect where I start. I.E. I would personally rather backcross a chem cutting than outcross one.

I think I am going to get MR Nice's G-13 Skunk, G-13 Widow and Ortega. Then use the males to do an open pollination on a few Chem, Diesel and Og cuts. I'll give the seeds to everyone around to see if anything amazing surfaces.

chefboy6969

OverGrow Refugee
Veteran
Kali Mist(circa 1999)
Jack Herrer(certain pheno's)
Cat Piss( i think a Hawaiian Sativa cross)
Island Sweet Skunk
Super Silver Haze
Mango Haze
Chemdog
OG Kush
Black Domina
Sage
Green Crack

That is a nice list of sativas and indicas

Have fun

peace
Chefboy

bioguy

My brother no Disrespect

1luvbigherb

I am also convinced Arijan is a liar but I noticed this rant posted onto the Mr Nice forum and in the rant Arijan makes several claims that don't get addressed. Like that Nevil gave (I think SSH) to lots of people but still claims Arijan could not have it.

That seems very possible. I wonder why it was not addressed. I must also admit its 25 pages of BS and I could not read it all. It may have been addressed and I missed it.

I would love to know that, "what I think I know" is the truth.