What's new

MOSCASEEDS testers: GRAPEFRUIT FLY... by mellomel

mellomel

BE GOOD OR BE GOOD AT IT!
ICMag Donor
LoL...thanks for stopping by buddy your always welcome...can't wait to start these Merlin Magic's!

Day 19 of 12/12- growth rate for the taller/broader leaf pheno is stable at 51 inches, seems to have stopped now at that height. So she roughly stretched 2.5x's for this pheno.

Shorter/narrower leaf bushier/branchier/buddier pheno, (lol) growth rate is stable at 31 inches-only just doubling her height, so thats approx 2x's stretch. Very happy with these ladies. They are proving themselves to be nice and easy to grow...

I'll start giving them a hit of CANNA PK13/14 at week 3 for 5 days and then again at week 5 for 4 days. And I will take some more detailed pics of the nodes and stems and budlings when the lights come on @10 tonight;)

~MM

happyherb

no wuckin furries!
Veteran
hey...lookn good...can see what you mean about the structure you mentioned in my c99 thread...

yup can see the buds coming on...looks similar to mine...duno off hand what day im up too..nice going :D .HH. =]-~

mellomel

ICMag Donor
Can any one tell me whether to follow the dutch web site or aussie website for the CANNA pk13/14...it says two completely different things. Shaun told me to just use it like I posted in last post. But I have 3 different directions...Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated please;) On the bottle it does say to not use for more than 3-4days or to early. WTF, it'd be nice if they just stuck too one set of rules...Pics soon...was too tired after Oz day,lol...oi oi oi....

Squiggles

Id go with your previous post on the application of pk 13/14 Mel,
Im no guru on the subject though, just my :2cents:
depending on strain i apply it 4 weeks before the end and then agian at 1-2 weeks before the flush.

hope this helps ?

kindest regards

Squiggs

shaunmulok

Don't drink and drive home, Smoke dope and fly hom
ICMag Donor
Veteran
thanks Squiggles, what gave me the confusion was this
Is anybody using the new recommendation Canna are giving via their grow calculator here: http://www.canna.nl/en/growguide
for adding PK 13/14 at the start of week 3 bloom or are people still adding it at the start of week 5?

Also has anybody used their boost in conjunction with PK13/14 in the way suggested on the grow calculator and seen improved bud, trich's & yield??

I have always added through week 4 into week 5 but according to this and the calculator its at week 3 so i will tell mel to go ahead tonight and add the pk13/14
Cheers bro

Squiggles

all good mate
all id suggest now is if the plants dont like it (ie nute lockouts ?)
dump the res and start a fresh mix without the pk 13/14
adding as per normal around week 5

:headbange and may the flowering rock on

shaunmulok

Don't drink and drive home, Smoke dope and fly hom
ICMag Donor
Veteran
G'day Unc, have only used it twice b4 this grow and cant say whether or not it made much of a diff. but we added it in week 5 as per directions on the bottle
But it seems according to Canna to achieve the upto 30% extra harvest it must be applied at week 3 of and 8 week flower strain
So who knows we will see if we get bigger buds than we are used to?????

unclefishstick

Fancy Janitor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
I've been thinking about adding some Alaska more bloom 0-10-10,but its only partly organic,its a crab shell thing,but the K part is from an inorganic source so I'm not sure if it will kill the microherd

mellomel

ICMag Donor
Thanks Squiggles..(you must spread more rep b4 giving it too Squiggles again-D'oh)

Been meaning to take more pics, but we have been having a few people come and go the last couple of days fixing shit around the house for the RE(when the damn lights are on).
I want to take some this time with out the lights on, but just after they go off to avoid that sleepiness/droopiness in the leaves! They should turn out much better then;)

They are starting to get frosty now too...love this part of the grow best!

mellomel

ICMag Donor
updated pics ;)

updated pics ;)

Day 25 of 12/12...budding along very nicely...still no smell when I rub the stems yet....

Dropped the ec from 1.8 to 1.4 as they showed signs of nute burn on the tips. This was 2 days ago and they are looking better again now!

It could of just been the introduction of PK13-14 at the beginning of week three-@ 1ml per ltr, so this was cut back too 0.5ml per ltr on the same day as dropped nute strength.

I think the PK is doing it's job as they are drinking a hell of a lot of water since added.

Today will be the last day for the PK!

Ph has also been slowly dropped to 5.7-5.8 to make P,K,Calmag more accessible for the plants to uptake.

picture.php
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php
picture.php

:witch: Peace....MM

unclefishstick

Fancy Janitor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
maybe 63,but didnt he pick at a range of times? they just look awfully hazy those leaves,I lose track of all these strains,is it cindy based?

mellomel

ICMag Donor
Yeah...c99...don't worry as I get confused just the same...it's weird cause some leaves do look sativa-ish where others are fat indica-ish looking...but the cola's forming, yeah they look sativa-ish for sure-

unclefishstick

Fancy Janitor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Yeah...c99...don't worry as I get confused just the same...it's weird cause some leaves do look sativa-ish where others are fat indica-ish looking...but the cola's forming, yeah they look sativa-ish for sure-

wonder what the merlins will be like?:tumbleweed:

M

mosca negra

Mel- looking good M'Lady! Your Grapefruit Fly gals will go approx 60 days. Looking forward to seeing your gals phatten up!

Cheers!

Mosca