What's new

MOSCASEEDS testers: GRAPEFRUIT FLY... by mellomel

sackoweed

I took anger management already!!!! FUCK!!!
Veteran
mellO
Howzit..?? Man you guys are rocking the fly's fo sho... I love the milky looking nugsz they are looking danky.. thanx for sharing with us all.. bbl to peep the fini.. mosca always does it right that is for sure.. I atm am rocking some ppxc99 from mosca she started out a lil weak and didnt have a grow tip... But she is starting to come out of it, and looking niice she is only 10 days old so nothing exciting to post yet. I will be making a thread for the first time in prolly 5-6 yrs here pretty soon I dropped our nice cannon S1 and it is jacked so in need of a new camera.. anyhow im ramblng high peace n pufs..

sackO

maxima32

I know I am rather late but god damn them girls are hot. Atleast I know what you have been up to . Looking forward to fully cured smoke rep . yall are doin big things now official testers huh ! I envy !!!!!

mellomel

BE GOOD OR BE GOOD AT IT!
ICMag Donor
Thanks Guy's :)

I know I have been a bit slack but we have been so busy with easter and an inspection aswell as the kids school holidays. But I have a smoke report on the first shorter pheno in the mix as we speak and the taller pheno is coming down right now, this will take her to over 100 days...Shaun would not let me take her earlier...just was not mature enough until now. She has about 15% amber and has finally just stopped putting on weight. I will be back shortly with smoke report and pics of final pheno.

mellomel

ICMag Donor
Final pheno has been chopped down....

Final pheno has been chopped down....

Hey all, I finally finished trimming the 6fter...it took me 4 & 1/2 hours, mind you I am fussy though,lol. She was a beast and definetly gave my wrists a work out :) The 3 collars Shaun and I are predicting will be atleast an ounce each if not more...plus the rest.
She smells awesome too, like fresh grapefruits. I couldn't get enough of it while trimming...And it's some of the densest(sp?) bud I have ever felt. And very appealing to the eye aswell.

We found out why we were having problems with maturity...our timer has 10 memory settings, we only remember setting two up to turn lights on then off...but found out last night that the lights were coming back on during the dark period which led us to find the other timer setting was set up. LUCKY...we did not know what the fuck was going on!:chin: all sorted now!

Here are some pics of the taller GFFly and I will do a smoke report on the first pheno today aswell...I have not really had a chance to smoke her up yet, so she has definetly had a good cure... :D

Thanks to Mosca for giving me this awesome opportunity, and Benji aswell :) You guy's are awesome! And Mosca, your genetics rock mate ;)

Thanks to everyone else for stopping by with your support, help and kind words...you all rock on IC:tiphat::thank you:

:gday: Mel.

unclefishstick

Fancy Janitor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
nice harvest mell!! those colas are monsters,i can almost smell it through the screen they look so good!

good catch on the timer,that would explain it wouldnt it!

sackoweed

I took anger management already!!!! FUCK!!!
Veteran
mellO
Howzit..?? wowzerz what a nice bunch of nugsz... This is a nice shot love it.. great work mosca did creating and you did growing.. K+ peace n pufs..

picture.php

sackO

b00m

~No Guts~ ~No Glory~
Mentor
Veteran
Very very nice and dank mel, excellent work to mosca and you guys, showing the world how aussies can kick arse too.

Peace an Respect

mellomel

ICMag Donor
IDENTIFICATION
============================== ===================

Date:4th May 2010
Strain:Grapefruit Fly
Judge:Mellomel and Shaunmulok
Breeder:Moscaseeds
Grower:Mellomel

PHYSICAL EXAMINATION

1. Visual Appeal: Rate the visual appeal of the buds from 1-10 unappealing-excellent.8

2. Visible Trichomes: Rate the visible trichome content from 1-10 none-totally covered.8

3. Use an X to indicate the colors that are present in the trichome heads under magnification or list the percentages of each color for a more precise report.

Clear [x] Cloudy [ x] Amber [ x] Dark [ ]

4. Mark with X the colors that are present in the buds or for a more detailed color analysis rate presence on a scale 1-9 light-dark.

Brown [ 1] Green [4] Gold [ ] Blue [ ] Grey [3 ] White [2 ] Red [ ] Rust [ ] Orange [ ] Purple [ ] Black [ ]

5. Bud density: [ 9] Rate the bud density from 1-10 airy-dense. For samples that are not in their natural state leave this field blank.

6. Use numbers 1-9 on descriptors that apply to the aroma of freshly broken bud where a one indicates a subtle presence and 9 indicates a pronounced presence. Delete the existing space when marking a descriptor in order to maintain the columns in alignment.

Ammonia [ ] Earthy [ ] Licorice [ ] Peach [ ] Berry [ ] Floral [ 7] Mango [ ] Pepper [ ] Blueberry [ ] Fruit [ ] Meat [ ] Petroleum [ ] Bubblegum [ 1] Grape [ ] Melon [ ] Pine [ ] Cedar [ ] Grapefruit [2 ] Menthol [ ]
Pineapple [ ] Cherry [ ] Grass/Hay [ ] Mint [ ] Rotten [ ] Chocolate [ ] Hash [ ] Mold [ ] Skunk [ ] Citrus [ ] Iron/Rust [ ] Musk [ ] Spice [ ] Coconut [ ] Leather [ ] Nutmeg [ ] Strawberry [ ] Coffee [ ] Lemon [ ] Orange [ ] Vanilla [ ]

7. Aroma [ 7] Rate the aroma from 1-10 repulsive-delightful. Use freshly crumbled bud for best results.

8. Seed content [0 ] Rate seed content from 0-10 none-fully seeded.

9. Weeks cured [4 ] If known enter the number of weeks your sample has been cured. If desired repeat SSR after an additional two weeks of curing.

PHYSICAL EXAMINATION COMMENTS:
============================== ====================
THE SMOKE TEST

Address these questions while smoking.

1. Please use a clean instrument for the evaluation. Enter information below that will identify the instrument as follows:

Water pipe (enter bong, hooka, bubbler etc) [ x]
Vaporizer (enter the brand name) [ ]
Pipe (size-type, ie medium-glass) [ ]
Joint (enter brand of papers) [ ]
Other (specify):

2. Use numbers 1-9 on descriptors that apply to the taste where a one indicates a subtle presence and a nine indicates a very pronounced presence. Delete the existing space when marking a descriptor in order to maintain the columns in alignment.

Ammonia [ ] Earthy [ ] Licorice [ ] Peach [ ] Berry [ ] Floral [9 ]
Mango [ ] Pepper [ ] Blueberry [ ] Fruit [ ] Meat [ ] Petroleum [ ] Bubblegum [1 ] Grape [ ] Melon [ ] Pine [ ] Cedar [ ] Grapefruit [ ] Menthol [ ] Pineapple [ ] Cherry [ ] Grass/Hay [ ] Mint [ ] Rotten [ ] Chocolate [ ] Hash [ ] Mold [ ] Skunk [ ] Citrus [ ] Iron/Rust [ ]
Musk [ ] Spice [ ] Coconut [ ] Leather [ ] Nutmeg [ ] Strawberry [ ] Coffee [ ] Lemon [ ] Orange [ ] Vanilla [ ]

If appropriate return to this question after 5-10 minutes and mark
with X any unmarked descriptors for lingering aftertaste.

3. Taste [ 7] Rate your impression of the taste from 1-10 unpleasant-delicious.

4. State of dryness [ 7(bit overdry)] Rate the dryness of the bud from 1-10 wet-dry where 5 is ideal.

5. Smoke ability [7 probably from being over dried ] Rate the smoke ability of the sample from 1-10 harsh-smooth.

6. Smoke expansion [4 ] Rate how the smoke expands in the lungs from 1-10 stable-explodes.

SMOKE TEST COMMENTS:

FOLLOW UP QUESTIONS
Address final questions immediately after effects have worn off.

1. Dosage [2 ] Enter the number of hits taken to reach desired effects.

2. Effect onset [ 2] Rate how quickly the effect hit from 1-10 immediate-major creeper.

3. Sativa influence [5 ] Rate the sativa influence detected from 0-10 none-extreme. Sativa influence is best described as a clear and energetic mental effect.

4. Indica influence [5 ] Rate the indica influence detected from 0-10 none-extreme. Indica influence is best described as a sedative, lethargic or numbing effect that affects the body.

5. Potency [7 ] Rate the potency of the sample from 0-10 none-devastating.

6. Duration [1hr ] Indicate the number of hours the effects lasted.

7. Tolerance build up [ ] Rate how quickly tolerance builds from 0-10 none-rapid. Leave this field blank if you have not used this sample repeatedly.

8. Usability [ ] Rate on a scale of 1-9 where a one indicates the worst time of day to consume this strain and a nine represents the ideal time of day. Leave field(s) blank if you have not yet formed an opinion.

Morning - wake up [4 ] Day - work [ 4] Evening - relax [ 2] Night - sleep [ ]

9. Overall satisfaction [7 ] Rate your overall satisfaction from 1-10 poor-Holy Grail.

10.Ability and conditions [4(had alot of interruptions)] Rate your overall ability to judge from 1-10 low-high. Consider experience, strain familiarity, atmosphere, current tolerance and most importantly the condition and preparation of the sample.

11.Judging from the sample alone do you personally consider this
strain a keeper for long term use. Yes [x ] No [ ]

12.Rate the noticable effects on a scale of 1-9 mild-severe. Take care to use the appropriate column for your response. Delete the existing space when recording your entry to maintain the columns in alignment. In all cases these casual observations should not be construed as medical advice.

What effect did the strain have check [P] off if the you got a POSITIVE EFFECT and check [N] if you had a NEGATIVE EFFECT

[P] [] Ability to rest or sit still
[] [N] Anxiety relief
[P] [] Appetite
[P] [] Audio perception
[P] [] Humor perception
[P] [] Imagination/creativity
[] [] Paranoia relief
[P] [] Sex drive
[] [] Sleep [] [N] Pain relief
[P] [] Speech process
[P] [] Taste perception
[P] [] Thought process
[P] [] Visual perception

FINAL COMMENTS: We did have a few environmental problems aswell as a few personal health issues..but I intend to run these again now we have our room dialed in alot better...I will redo the smoke report then to.

The longer the cure, the better and more intense the smell and taste got. So I would advise the longest cure possible for this strain.

:thank you:

Latest posts

Latest posts