What's new

MOSCASEEDS testers: GRAPEFRUIT FLY... by mellomel

mellomel

BE GOOD OR BE GOOD AT IT!
ICMag Donor
Thanx Shaun for helping out Zomboweed with his question;) And cheers for filling in the temperature side of things:)...

We are upto day 63 ;)...there is amber trichs starting to appear on the short pheno. It is very scattered all over, so I am going to start flushing her I think. Shaun agrees.
By the time 10 days of flushing she should be ready to chop.
They obviously have packed on the weight as Shaun and I had to tie the tall girl up yesterday. And we staked up the short pheno to stop it falling over;)
The taller pheno is only showing clear15%/cloudy85%...so we will keep checking this one on a daily basis with the jeweller's loop...

Tall pheno:

Short pheno:

:thank you:
Mel....

unclefishstick

Fancy Janitor
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Mel i sure hope thats shauns arm in the pic!! LOL nice work,hope you are feeling well and keeping the brain demons at bay!! those are some mighty nice looking buds by the way...

sackoweed

I took anger management already!!!! FUCK!!!
Veteran
mellO
Howzit..?? man they are looking PHAT!!! its almost that time... So you think 10 days will put shorty all amber and is that what yer looking for? I havent seen anybody grow these out 10-14 days out past their finishing times.. I usually do that with most of my puffages... im always looking for the KO for my insomnia.. Good luck with the fini.. Ill check ya back soon peace n puffs..

sackO

mellomel

ICMag Donor
Cheers happyherb:)

Sackoweed, yeah I noticed Mosca said in SBoo description that this strain is a 60-65 just today...for some reason I had it in my head that it was 70+....d'oh...so I will start flushing both tonight I guess as this will still take them past 65 days...lucky I have only been feeding them lightly @ 0.6ec:)

Uncle...yes that is Shaun's arm...it's a tight squeeze in there with all that buddage..heehee:)

M

mosca negra

Looking mighty fine there Mel! How them ladies smelling? How tall are your short pheno Grapefruit Flys? The many I tested ended up being all bud-- a highly productive pheno!

Proost,

Mosca

mellomel

ICMag Donor
Smells and heights...

Smells and heights...

Looking mighty fine there Mel! How them ladies smelling? How tall are your short pheno Grapefruit Flys? The many I tested ended up being all bud-- a highly productive pheno!

Proost,

Mosca

My bad...sorry!
The short c99 pheno is 3ft...she is very very sticky. As for the smell, well at first I thought it was pineapple's. But we have a c99 flowering in the same tent and that smell's like sweet pineapple's for sure but not as sticky as this girl. They look nearly identical, but the gffly has a real kick in the back of ya throat smell. I will have to sniff it a lil more b4 a definete answer. It is very more-ish;) And yes they are pretty much all bud....and heavy buds too:)

As for the tallest pheno, she is 6ft...not as sticky or stinky. But when you rub the stem...it's pink grape fruits, but a bit peppery or spicy to both Shaun and myself, very nice subtle smell.

:dance013:

well I just stumbled through 12 pages of a excelent grow log for this GFF. I'm grabbing some as i was recommended by Mosca. I'm interested in the phenos this strain produces. hopefully i stumble upon the purple pheno. Beautiful job mel and shuan, I look forward to the smoke report for both phenos.

Blaze.

mellomel

ICMag Donor
Some close-ups of GFFly short pheno
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

M

mosca negra

You go, Mel!!! Love those close-ups with withered mature pistils.

Cheers,

Mosca

mellomel

ICMag Donor
Cheers Mosca...not bad considering the method-I just held a jeweller's loop in front of the camera lense, then cropped the pics:)

shaunmulok

Don't drink and drive home, Smoke dope and fly hom
ICMag Donor
Veteran
great pics Hun
i wish i could take em like that, i'll get you that DSLR one day(hopefully soon)

mellomel

ICMag Donor
Chop....

Chop....

Well we decided to chop the short pheno as it was not really doing much trich wise...Gave it a flush for 9 days then chopped it at day 71(Monday just gone). I still can't describe the smell...I want to say green tea, but it's got like a skunk funk smell to it aswell....

Not chopping the tall pheno yet as the trichs are 95% clear still...want more cloudy and hopefully a lil amber;)

:thank you: EVERYONE...will be back with pheno 2 soon and a smoke report;)
MM

M

mosca negra

Yowza!!! That gal looks friggin' RIGHTEOUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You go Mel.

Well done Mel-- have ya done any sampling yet? Looking forward to your smoke report...

CHEERS,

Mosca

mellomel

ICMag Donor
Cheers Uncle, you are definitely quick off the mark;)

Thanks Mosca, glad I made ya happy so far....still more to come tho:)

Early uncured sample definitely has some kick to it...made me wanna snooze! And as for taste so far...it has that same sort of funk that I was describing earlier on the exhale...we'll see how she fairs up after a good cure;)