What's new

Mosca Negra's C99 BX1 - 400w Cabinet Grow by GrnMtnGrwr

generalgrievous

collector of lightsabers.. and fine cannabis genet
ICMag Donor
Looks killer in that tent GMG......

3 weeks huh.... :woohoo: My girl gets her last dose of light tonight, than 4 or 5 shift darkness.... Let's line up that century club day....

GrnMtnGrwr

Veteran
12/12 - Day 28

12/12 - Day 28

So I've definitely found one that has much more blunt/domed/rounded tops than all the others, and it also looks like it's got about twice as much bud as the others too... it's one of the taller ones, and my gf said it smelled like pineapples without knowing anything about it.. so I've got my fingers crossed for that one, but we'll see... here's pics of it, and the whole thing.

The one I'm talking about is in the front right of the cabinet.

I'm switching their nutes out right after this post, and they'll just be getting Bloom and the occasional dose of Kool Bloom from now on. I overestimated flower time so I won't yield as much as I could've, they get 6/9 for a little longer into flower than I would've liked, but lesson learned for next time.

They're definitely more leafy than some other pictures I've seen, but I'm not sure if I've seen anyone else grow out the BX1s with a CMH, so that's probably it.

Last edited:

gdbud

Great it sounds like you might have found the one with the pineapple trait.
I blew my perfect cure buy using cheep hygrometers I got from W.M. they were like 20% off. I thought they were off so I ordered 4 of the Caliber III hygrometer and received them yesterday dropped them into the jars to find out the RH was 59% instead of 69 - 74% the other were reading.
So spend the money and get the Caliber III hygrometer to start with.

MaynardG_Krebs

Veteran
Great it sounds like you might have found the one with the pineapple trait.
I blew my perfect cure buy using cheep hygrometers I got from W.M. they were like 20% off. I thought they were off so I ordered 4 of the Caliber III hygrometer and received them yesterday dropped them into the jars to find out the RH was 59% instead of 69 - 74% the other were reading.
So spend the money and get the Caliber III hygrometer to start with.

I'm curious tho.. how do you know that the Caliber's are the ones that are correct?

mgk :chin:

gdbud

I do not know if the Caliber's are correct or not, but I ordered a calibration kit when I ordered the Caliber's and I'm currently checking the calibration right now.
I know that the other are wrong by the fact that just sitting in the same room they all read different.

GrnMtnGrwr

Veteran
The Calibers have been tested by many members here, and are consistently much more accurate than any other hygrometers. You can buy things to test the accuracy of hygrometers, and I wouldn't trust any of them out of the box besides the Caliber IIIs. I need to order mine soon... I am definitely getting the Caliber III, I haven't even thought of getting anything else since I started this grow.

blynx

WALSTIB
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Very nice!

I have some at day 32 and they are really putting on the weight. Seems like they hit day 30 and take off.

GrnMtnGrwr

Veteran
12/12 - Day 33

12/12 - Day 33

Left and right sides of the canopy... it's not nearly as neat as I was hoping, but I'm not too worried about it.

A few budsites

Left is with the flash, right is under the CMH

MaynardG_Krebs

Veteran
I do not know if the Caliber's are correct or not, but I ordered a calibration kit when I ordered the Caliber's and I'm currently checking the calibration right now.
I know that the other are wrong by the fact that just sitting in the same room they all read different.

I knew you had some basis.. I was just curious... so, the Caliber's are pretty good? I wanna give this science curing thing a try..

mgk :yappy:

gdbud

Hey Krebs, I just finished calibrating the Caliber's and three were right on at 75% and the fourth is reading 74% the others that I picked up at W.M. one was 73%, 70%, 65% and 57% guaranteed to be +-5% I will be taking back three of them back.
So yes Caliber's is the ones to get.

blynx

WALSTIB
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Exactly what I've noticed the past few days as well. What light(s) are you growing your under?

She is flowering under a 600w HPS.

Here's some pics of her from a couple days ago when she was at day 32

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Smells like pineapple

GrnMtnGrwr

Veteran
Man I'm really wishing I would've switched over to Bloom nutes earlier... looking great blynx, thanks for the pics! :wave:

GrnMtnGrwr

Veteran
12/12 - Day 34

12/12 - Day 34

So sometime in the past 24 hours one of the plants has lost coloration in parts of the leaves closest to the light. They were 8"-12" away from the bulb, it could've been heat, but none of the other plants were affected. Light bleaching? :dunno: It's only one plant, and only on the budsites closest to the lamp... other plants are closer and aren't showing it. There was one budsite that was not in direct light that is showing the same thing. :chin:

blynx

WALSTIB
ICMag Donor
Veteran
That looks more like nute burn from the leaf drying out cuz it was too close to the light.

I see lots of tip burn on your plants, pretty sure that's an indication of more nutes than ya need.

I had a plant light bleach and the leaf stayed 'moist', it just lost color (ie turned yellow).

Here's some pics of light bleach I encountered on a plant.

picture.php

picture.php

Yours look dried out and burned, like they'd be crispy and crumble if you rubbed them.

slowandeasy

Veteran
So sometime in the past 24 hours one of the plants has lost coloration in parts of the leaves closest to the light. They were 8"-12" away from the bulb, it could've been heat, but none of the other plants were affected. Light bleaching? :dunno: It's only one plant, and only on the budsites closest to the lamp... other plants are closer and aren't showing it. There was one budsite that was not in direct light that is showing the same thing. :chin:

Light is too close to the plants! Back it off for sure, the leaves wont ever look good, but new growth should be better. Looks like light bleaching to me. Good luck