What's new

Mosca Negra's C99 BX1 - 400w Cabinet Grow by GrnMtnGrwr

GrnMtnGrwr

Veteran
The cabinet should be all finished tonight so you'll be able to see where they'll be growing. Thanks for stopping in! :wave:

Thinking about going out and grabbing some sandpaper to scuff them a little bit, just for good measure...

GrnMtnGrwr

Veteran
Well, at +24 hours I've got one tail about a half inch long and at least a few that have cracked but no tails yet. I think I'll leave them for another 24 hours without checking on them, and then throw them all into starter cells with coco.

GrnMtnGrwr

Veteran
54 Hours after being put into this tupperware with moist paper towels. They were in there a little longer than I would've hoped, but no harm done.

10 for 10! :dance013:

Coco was put into these starter cells and rinsed with tap water until runoff was clear. I poked holes into 10 cells with the pen, dropped each seed in, and covered back up with some coco. I then ran a small amount of water through all the cells to settle the coco so the seeds aren't sitting in a pocket of air. The starter cells are pure coco, every other container will be 2 parts fine coco 1 part perlite.

And here they are in their new home! I can't wait to see them grow! :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

10 Germinated C99 BX-1 Planted in Coco - February 3rd, 9:00pm

GrnMtnGrwr

Veteran
looks good. i like the set up. is that a home made hood?? directly to a vortex. nice

It is a homemade hood. I took pictures of the process, they're spread thoughout my Cabinet Construction Log thread, linked in my sig. I'll be making a thread for the hood sometime soon. Total cost was about $75, and it has a footprint designed for my cabinet, utilizing the light in the best way possible. Can't go wrong with that. :dunno:

Here's a pic I just took to show some detail...

GrnMtnGrwr

Veteran
A little closer shot of the seeds in the paper towel. I don't usually let them get this long, but I don't think it'll be a problem.

FatBlunt420

Killin' Zombies!
ICMag Donor
Veteran
Hey GMG,
looks good. i like that hood alot. very nice. saves alot of money and look like it works great in that set up.
i cant wait to see how it progresses.

ill be making a thread for that rez gear i got soon.

GrnMtnGrwr

Veteran

Two have come up so far...

I've been going back and forth for a while now, but I just decided that I'm going to be vegging with a 400w CMH. I'm still undecided on whether or not to use it for flower.

FatBlunt420

Killin' Zombies!
ICMag Donor
Veteran
hey GMG,
my tents are set up so, early flowering plants get the red "warm" MH, and they rotate everyother week or so, into HPS.
pretty much the first few weeks of MH will add more cola sites. im very happy with how things are turning out sofar.

GrnMtnGrwr

Veteran

Here we go!

I was thinking about that, since I've got it I think I'll use it until veg growth stops and bud growth takes over. The same time that I'll stop foliar feeding. That reminds me, I don't think I've mentioned in this thread the specifics of this grow. Well, here they are.

Nutes
GH Flora Bloom
GH Flora Micro
GH KoolBloom Powder

Fed according to the recipe, which is basically...
6 Micro / 9 Bloom per gallon during veg and about halfway through flowering, followed by just the Bloom part until flush, with a few doses of KoolBloom applied throughout flower.

I'll be doing some foliar treatments for my first time, I'm using Dutch Master's Liquid Light and Penetrator. I will begin this after they've got 1 or 2 nodes, and continue until the stretch stops in 12/12.

The starter cells they're in are pure GH Cocotek Fine Coco, but they will be growing in 1/3 Perlite and 2/3 Coco. I will be handwatering until maybe a week or two after they get transplanted to the 7.6" square containers (1.7 gallons). There is one step between the starter cells and 1.7 gallon pots, I'm not sure the exact size though.

After they have spread their roots in the final containers, I will be feeding via Tropf Blumat for the remainder of the grow.

GrnMtnGrwr

Veteran
All 10 are up!

As you can see the coco is starting to dry out. I'm going to be watering them again with some 1/4 strength nutes.

I'm still not sure how I want to go about sexing them and transplanting them. Now that I've got 10/10 I'm going to have to figure something out, because I've only got room for 8 of my final 1.7 gallon containers (7.6" square). The only step between the starter cells and the 1.7 gallons are these 4" square pots.

(These pics were taken early on during cab construction, just to give an idea of the floorspace.)

I want to keep males long enough to collect enough pollen so I can make lots of C99 seeds. :biggrin:

The only thing I can think of right now is to grow them to flowering size in the 4" pots, put them into 12/12, and transplant the females as soon as they show sex, but I feel like transplanting them might encourage stretch. :dunno:

The 4" square pots about 1 liter. The flowering pots are about 7 liters.

Air pots would make this much easier...

Any suggestions/ideas would be appreciated. :)

G

Guest129216

Looks like u have a great set up there mister. Are u planning an outdoorgrow aswell? I'm from Norway(Europe), but i lived a year by lake champlain about 12 years ago. I saw some good lookin outdoor plants there that year. I also smoked some of the best weed i have ever smoked there. The only time ive had an LSD like experience on weed was in the green mountains. Vermont culture is great and very cannabisfriendly i found. See ya later and good luck with your grow.

Latest posts

Latest posts